Harpeth On A Roll

Hoganknows

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood's starters did not touch the floor. Harpeth played absolutely awful and the only reason they won is because Creek Wood received a technical for calling a timeout with none left. Creek Wood is going to be tough to beat in the tournament.

That's what someone told me. I agree Creek Wood is going to be tough to beat and I hate Waverly is in the same bracket. Creek Wood may have not done themselves a favor by resting their starters. Because Harpeth won, then they tied Waverly for second but they owned the tie breaker with Waverly. Waverly/Creek Wood split with Waverly winning by 10 at Waverly and Creek Wood winning by 5 at Creek Wood. I say those are the two best teams in the District.

How can you say Waverly is better than Harpeth, when Harpeth beat them both times they played this year? I was not at the C'wood / Harpeth game so I cannot comment on what actually happened or the C'wood's coach reasoning behind not playing his starters. It really was a meaningless game. The top four seeds are much better than the bottom three, Harpeth / Waverly were going to catch each other in the semis with the winner playing c'wood in the finals whether they were seeded two or three. Baring a major upset, the semis and finals should be some good matchups.

How can you say Waverly is better than Harpeth, when Harpeth beat them both times they played this year? I was not at the C'wood / Harpeth game so I cannot comment on what actually happened or the C'wood's coach reasoning behind not playing his starters. It really was a meaningless game. The top four seeds are much better than the bottom three, Harpeth / Waverly were going to catch each other in the semis with the winner playing c'wood in the finals whether they were seeded two or three. Baring a major upset, the semis and finals should be some good matchups.

didn't see the first game but I was told Waverly missed a lot of shots they normally make and lost by 3. The second game I saw and Waverly really didn't play well at all. I don't think Harpeth would want a third matchup. And No the second seed doesn't have to face the number one seed until the finals. It does make a difference. Harpeth is a good team but I've seen all the teams in the District and still say Waverly and Creek Wood are the two best. We shall see. It's whoever is on that night.

That's how I can say Waverly is better than Harpeth. 61 to 43 and wasn't even that close. Waverly took starters out and Harpeth kept playing theirs to close the gap. Good luck to Waverly against Camden in the championship.