Best WR in east TN

zerocool

AE has a receiver named Reggie Jones who is pretty tough. UT has recruited him, but nothing serious. It is hard to make a case for him to be the best in East TN because he has only played one half this season due to a shoulder injury. He should be ready to roll this Friday and he should start making waves soon.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by flip96:

Rusty Loza is the best rec. in East TN that nobody has heard of. Last year he had 43 catches for 1029 yds, 13 TDs, and 1755 all purpose yds. He plays at Powell Valley who is going to dominate Claiborne County this thursday.

flip,

Don't fan the fire in Claiborne County's belly. I've seen them twice and their pass defense is suspect, but I expect you can throw that out with this being the "Last Stand" for both schools.

Posted by BHL76:

Based on the stats released by the Knoxville News Sentinel (not including the upper east teams) Jacob Brown has got to be the best reciever out there. Can anyone compare with his 27 catches for 487 yards through 4 games? I think he has 6 or 7 touchdowns also.

There is no way that brown is better than bowman. I have seen both play and bowman is heads above brown. The only thing that Brown has going for him is that he plays on a well rounded team while Bowman plays with nobody.

Posted by KevB1990:
Posted by flip96:

Rusty Loza is the best rec. in East TN that nobody has heard of. Last year he had 43 catches for 1029 yds, 13 TDs, and 1755 all purpose yds. He plays at Powell Valley who is going to dominate Claiborne County this thursday.

flip,

Don't fan the fire in Claiborne County's belly. I've seen them twice and their pass defense is suspect, but I expect you can throw that out with this being the "Last Stand" for both schools.

I would say you are mostly right. This is going to be a huge "pride" game for the entire county. Unless Claiborne can cover better, I expect some big plays from Loza and Medley. Medley has had 4 TD's in the last two games. The key to the game is like any game, who will win in the "trenches"!

What about them Greeneville boys. They got three that will do anything you ask them. Watson(Ap player of the week), Wilcox, he's there whenever you need him, and that athlete Greenway(Junior with the talent)Those boys catch almost everything that Baugh, who should have been player of the week(6 TD's, almost 400 yards.)would throw to them standing, and yes standing in his pocket all nite

Posted by ENape8:

Jacob Brown is better than Bowman.

Do you have any edidence to base your opinion on? I've played against both and we had to put 3 guys on Bowman and simply single covered Brown.....Bowman is faster, he can just twice as a high, hes taller and hes bigger physically.