Who Will Be The New Head Coach At LaVergne?

1LoyalFan

Heard that our former coach was interviewed. If he gets the job; I would say that ya'll would stay in the "spread O". I think he still has that "Tony Franklin" instruction manual and such. Hester has been in the spread offense....hasn't he? Might be a good fit; the job and the coaching gear :roflolk:

They've been in the spread, but they lost their top 3 WRs and not sure what's going on with the QB. They do have several good running backs but not sure what the O-line will look like this year. I do think the defense will be much better this year since they retained some key guys, but they should move Steele back to MLB. He was a monster as a freshman there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new guy at Lavergne high will be stanton stevens, former head coach at oak ridge and won a state championship at austin east...it is a done deal from what i hear. He is a good guy who i believe did not coach anywhere last season. It is good that he is getting a second chance to be a head coach again...good luck wolverines

redskin1999, FBBum, I would be careful about what you hope for. While he did win a title at AE he was a TOTAL FAILURE at Oak Ridge! This is especiaslly true if y'all want discipline in y'alls team. Nothing like a coach who pulls a knife on his own players and fights other coaches on the playing field after he LOSES! You do not have to take my word for it, just ask ANYONE at Oak Ridge if they want him back.

BTW redskin1999 are you not in fact SS? :roflolk:

that was what i had heard from my contacts in oak ridge also. Lost ole dad were those things ever proven, the knife pulling and fighting? I would think those things would have to be dropped before lavergne would hire anyone to be there head coach. It sure would not play good with the parents or the press. I am sure Mr. Ash checked all of his facts before pulling the trigger on this hire. atlease the long wait is almost over, the kids will finally have someone to raly around

If the guy actually IS hired (not just a rumor)...give him a chance. I'm the last person who condones criminal behavior (remember my rants about the Smyrna football stadium vandals???)...but wait and see if the guy is ready to be professional and turn it around...just as the school deserves a chance to improve and turn things around regarding conduct and academic opportunities.

Speaking of instilling discipline, if pulling a knife doesn't make a kid act right I don't know what will. :thumb:

I agree with grizz, hopefully if he made mistakes then he has learned from them. I would hate for him to be run out of town before he gets here. It doesn't sound like Oak Ridge was too pleased with him, but maybe it just wasn't a good fit. Look at Kiffin. So far they love him at USC.

Let me set the record straight regarding Stevens days at Oak Ridge. First of all he did not "pull a knife" on anyone at practice...it was a joke. Secondly, he did not attack anyone after a game...that is a myth. Either offense, if true, would have landed him in jail. Some of my fellow Oak Ridgers love to gossip and stretch the truth. I do agree that he may not have been the right fit at his alma mater, but it serves no purpose to trash him on this thread. If this story is true, good luck to Coach Stevens and good luck to LaVergne.

Let me set the record straight regarding Stevens days at Oak Ridge. First of all he did not "pull a knife" on anyone at practice...it was a joke. Secondly, he did not attack anyone after a game...that is a myth. Either offense, if true, would have landed him in jail. Some of my fellow Oak Ridgers love to gossip and stretch the truth. I do agree that he may not have been the right fit at his alma mater, but it serves no purpose to trash him on this thread. If this story is true, good luck to Coach Stevens and good luck to LaVergne.

I just saw on an Oak Ridge paper website that the knife indeed was a gag and it had a 2-inch blade...like a miniature swiss army knife on a keychain would have. If they wanted him gone because he "only" had a record of 30-16 there, that's the reason people there should stick with. It also said his record was 50-13 at Knox. Austin East. Means his total winning % as a coach is over 73%

But until the news is confirmed about the "hire" - then this is still all just specualation.

I would love to see the school board hold a news conference announcing major renovations to LHS as a school while they are at it. (won't hold my breath for THAT to happen)