8AA District Tourney

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you shouldnt post on here... :thumb: Silence is Golden!!! But not me, Im like Ron White " You have the right to remain silent....I just dont have the ability" LOL..And yes, it appears they are out for LA,if you would have saw Baldy the other night you would have saw He wants all to respect his AUTHORITY! He let Bobby holler all night! You tell us when LA gets the calls?

I've been a member of this board a LONG time and rarely post but I have to say I've never seen a school's fans COMPLAIN, WHINE AND DO MORE WHINING about refs like Livingston. Win or lose...the refs are out to get them...

Geez...you guys are sounding like bitter bettys...

Geez....you sound like a hater too! :D

I've been a member of this board a LONG time and rarely post but I have to say I've never seen a school's fans COMPLAIN, WHINE AND DO MORE WHINING about refs like Livingston. Win or lose...the refs are out to get them...

I am not a LA or Upperman or Pickett or Clay fan. The fact is that Wheaton made several bad calls in both championship games and if he is going to get emotional about being questioned about his calls, then he doesn't need to be calling any post season games.

Also if you look at my status - Probably about 43 post now - and Ive been a member a long time as well - i think you - wingman -got me by about 3 months - I dont mouth off on here either and seen a ton of games but have not seen an official be as sensative about a coach questioning his call and also carry out his emotion agaisnt a team like he did against LA.

I am not a LA or Upperman or Pickett or Clay fan. The fact is that Wheaton made several bad calls in both championship games and if he is going to get emotional about being questioned about his calls, then he doesn't need to be calling any post season games.

I'll take Wheaton over the clowns we had against Pickett Co. any day! He is as good as we've got around here and i promise you i am NOT a fan of refs!

I didn't see the LA game but the games I've seen Wheaton call he is ok, worse than some but better than most;now I did see the PC, CLAY CO. game and Coach Bibb rode the refs hard, Wheaton didn't call the T, the short bald man did but Wheaton and Case both warned both benches several times, and after Greg got the T he was warned to stay seated and he did but his assistants continued to question calls and be up on floor and this is not allowed by most refs and they could have called at least 3 more T's if they wanted to. Now I'm as bad as anyone to get anoyed at bad call;s on my team but these guys are right more than we admit and in my 40 plus years of watchind bb I can count on one hand the times a ref has decided a game, now nearly all we lost in my mine at the time but when all said and done my team got a call I didn't see or I saw it wrong or our team just didn't execute. And the refs are human if a coach continously rides them and made insulting remarks its natural to take offense same as a coach if the ref continues to give every judgement call to the other team and does it agressive the coach is also human but after all said and done both are pretty good guys and are friends again after the drama wears down.

How rare is it that fans of so many different schools in one district ever agree on something. But it is happening here. So wonderingman's stab a LA fans really has no merit. This is now about officials abusing power, not about one team or another being better than the other. So far, LA, York, and Upperman, and Smith Co. fans given unbiased accounts of what they witnessed at TTU. Coach Melton questioned a call and Wheaton completely lost his cool, verbally attacked him, and immediately began to make calls not necessarily in favor of Upperman, but against LA. He showed obvious anger toward LA's bench when reporting them as well. We all saw it. It was very unprofessional. We don't want to see any of our coaches treated that way, whether they are from LA or any other school.

When a coach talks to a ref in the manner that Wheaton talked to Melton, the refs have the power to call a technical or even remove that coach from the game. What power does a coach have when the tables are turned? None.

I didn't see the LA game but the games I've seen Wheaton call he is ok, worse than some but better than most;now I did see the PC, CLAY CO. game and Coach Bibb rode the refs hard, Wheaton didn't call the T, the short bald man did but Wheaton and Case both warned both benches several times, and after Greg got the T he was warned to stay seated and he did but his assistants continued to question calls and be up on floor and this is not allowed by most refs and they could have called at least 3 more T's if they wanted to. Now I'm as bad as anyone to get anoyed at bad call;s on my team but these guys are right more than we admit and in my 40 plus years of watchind bb I can count on one hand the times a ref has decided a game, now nearly all we lost in my mine at the time but when all said and done my team got a call I didn't see or I saw it wrong or our team just didn't execute. And the refs are human if a coach continously rides them and made insulting remarks its natural to take offense same as a coach if the ref continues to give every judgement call to the other team and does it agressive the coach is also human but after all said and done both are pretty good guys and are friends again after the drama wears down.

I agree. I have always thought Wheaton was fair and under control. However, his actions at TTU should not be tolerated. It was the first time Melton questioned anything. It was early in the game. LA was up 13-1 at the time and after the next 5 or 6 angry calls NOT in favor of LA were made, LA's players tensed up some and the game changed. Maybe it would have anyway, but we will never know that. These actions didn't determine the winner/loser of the game in this case, but that doesn't change what happened.

LA has already moved on, but it'd be a shame for this to happen to anyone else.

I didn't see the game, but I do know that refs listen to a lot. Some take it with a grain of salt and some like to show their authority. I think a lot of the time refs will listen to a coach depending on his or her tone of voice. If they feel that what is being said is being said sarcastically, then a lot of times they won't tolerate it. I know how sarcastic coaches can be when questioning calls (including Melton), but refs are different in the ways they react to it. I saw an elementary game a couple of weeks ago where a guy sitting in front of me harassed the ref the whole game and the ref never said anything to him. Had I been the ref, I would have given him one warning then had him removed. Refs, like all people, are just different.

I agree. I have always thought Wheaton was fair and under control. However, his actions at TTU should not be tolerated. It was the first time Melton questioned anything. It was early in the game. LA was up 13-1 at the time and after the next 5 or 6 angry calls NOT in favor of LA were made, LA's players tensed up some and the game changed. Maybe it would have anyway, but we will never know that. These actions didn't determine the winner/loser of the game in this case, but that doesn't change what happened.

LA has already moved on, but it'd be a shame for this to happen to anyone else.

I can be very opinionated, as most people who know me will attest. Normally, I attempt to keep my big mouth shut when it comes to officiating, but I might as well include my two cents worth here.-----Believe it or not folks, this game is really for the kids. Referees are human and they make mistakes like anyone else----but----Any referee who would make calls against a team of kids, just because he is mad about something a coach said or did, is no better than a thief who would steal from you. The fans that saw this game can draw their own conclusions. I know what I saw. I sincerely hope that the referee involved learned a lesson from this and will think about what's fair to the PLAYERS the next time he takes the floor with a whistle!

I can be very opinionated, as most people who know me will attest. Normally, I attempt to keep my big mouth shut when it comes to officiating, but I might as well include my two cents worth here.-----Believe it or not folks, this game is really for the kids. Referees are human and they make mistakes like anyone else----but----Any referee who would make calls against a team of kids, just because he is mad about something a coach said or did, is no better than a thief who would steal from you. The fans that saw this game can draw their own conclusions. I know what I saw. I sincerely hope that the referee involved learned a lesson from this and will think about what's fair to the PLAYERS the next time he takes the floor with a whistle!

:P