Henry County Football

West TN football

I botched that quote thing. Not extremely computer literate.

Swarm... Tell me about the Secondary.

Lol its alright man. The Secondary has been the lone weak spot i've seen so far. They have tremendous speed, and sound hitting, but in the early stages, they seem to be a little weak in ball skills. I haven't been to every single practice, but from the ones i have been to, i don't think i've seen a single interception, and i think i've seen maybe 2 batted balls. Other than that, there's still some work to be done.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me get this right, by hodge being payed high compliments is grounds to have problems with, this coming from anything being said about his favorite applicant as having stones thrown at him? No one sayed that Hodge was the major reason for the offensive success, they said he was a major part of it or one may say a critical part of it. It could be said that Counce was a great head coach, but since he has never won a state title as one, then you would probably have a problem with that kind of compliment for the man. Hodge was a major asset to the coaching staff, he was one of 4-5 voices on that offensive staff, and he was a great fit for that offensive staff. Now, I have just jused the wrod great and major to compliment the man and I can understand why you have a problem with it, you think me complimenting Hodge is an insult or a rock heaving at Counce. That is where you are wrong. Were you ever around that coaching staff? I will make a prediction, this coaching staff will not be near as tight as the last one, not neccesarily needed for success, but it does help. I think Hodge was offered a job wiht Counce, not sure. Make no mistake, Counce is the man, and he has the responsibility to put coaches where he sees fit, He picked Snow to be his OC, before talking with any coaches on the current staff, that probably was not wise on the basis of Counce knew him being the reason, I know lots of people, it does not mean that they are all better at everything than the people I do not know. I have watched practice 3-4 times and I have not been near as impressed as every one else and that is taking into consideration that everything and everyone is knew. It looks like cattle being rushed through the slaughter house to me. I am entitled to that opinion.

Yes, you are entitled to that opinion. But just keep in mind, this is SPRING practice. Things aren't supposed to be perfect right now. That's why they're practicing. In my opinion, this looks no different than any spring practice i saw under Gaddis, and i saw quite a few of them.

let me get this right, by hodge being payed high compliments is grounds to have problems with, this coming from anything being said about his favorite applicant as having stones thrown at him? No one sayed that Hodge was the major reason for the offensive success, they said he was a major part of it or one may say a critical part of it. It could be said that Counce was a great head coach, but since he has never won a state title as one, then you would probably have a problem with that kind of compliment for the man. Hodge was a major asset to the coaching staff, he was one of 4-5 voices on that offensive staff, and he was a great fit for that offensive staff. Now, I have just jused the wrod great and major to compliment the man and I can understand why you have a problem with it, you think me complimenting Hodge is an insult or a rock heaving at Counce. That is where you are wrong. Were you ever around that coaching staff? I will make a prediction, this coaching staff will not be near as tight as the last one, not neccesarily needed for success, but it does help. I think Hodge was offered a job wiht Counce, not sure. Make no mistake, Counce is the man, and he has the responsibility to put coaches where he sees fit, He picked Snow to be his OC, before talking with any coaches on the current staff, that probably was not wise on the basis of Counce knew him being the reason, I know lots of people, it does not mean that they are all better at everything than the people I do not know. I have watched practice 3-4 times and I have not been near as impressed as every one else and that is taking into consideration that everything and everyone is knew. It looks like cattle being rushed through the slaughter house to me. I am entitled to that opinion.

Well I will quit worrying about this stuff anymore. I agree with Warrior that it is time to move on and support the coaches that are here. I hope to see all of you guys at the Red/White game.

The only thing that I am now for sure about is that some if not all of this bashing of coaches must have been coming from Hodge himself. Funny how he is the one that leaves. Maybe it was him who was on here constantly wanting to know what asst. coaches were applying for the job and mad because they were not talked to first before Counce was hired. Good luck to the Big Red and to Coach Hodge.

Coach Hodge has said nothing but good things about Coach Counce and has alot of respect for him. He doesn't ever get on coacht and only hears what people tell him has been said on here. He knew what coaches were coming to Henry Co. before anyone on here did seeing how he was on the inside of the coaching staff. I'm sure he would like any more talk about him to cease since he is no longer going to coach at Henry Co. He is moving on to better things with his brother in Dresden. I wish both him and the Henry Co. football team tons of success. Its time for us to start worrying about how our youth is going to replace all the seniors we lost last year and how we are going to retain the District crown. Who does everyone think is going to be the QB? It would only make sense to put Najee Ray there since he throws well enough and runs like the wind. We seem small at LB's and in the Secondary with the exception of Neal Capps. The o-line should be ok, not as good as last year but good enough. The wide receivers will definately be a drop from last year but with a year's experience will be good next season.

Coach Hodge has said nothing but good things about Coach Counce and has alot of respect for him. He doesn't ever get on coacht and only hears what people tell him has been said on here. He knew what coaches were coming to Henry Co. before anyone on here did seeing how he was on the inside of the coaching staff. I'm sure he would like any more talk about him to cease since he is no longer going to coach at Henry Co. He is moving on to better things with his brother in Dresden. I wish both him and the Henry Co. football team tons of success. Its time for us to start worrying about how our youth is going to replace all the seniors we lost last year and how we are going to retain the District crown. Who does everyone think is going to be the QB? It would only make sense to put Najee Ray there since he throws well enough and runs like the wind. We seem small at LB's and in the Secondary with the exception of Neal Capps. The o-line should be ok, not as good as last year but good enough. The wide receivers will definately be a drop from last year but with a year's experience will be good next season.

You must really be bitter if you think he is moving on to better things at Dresden!

pardon me sec1, but if Hodge is wanting to coach with his brother and Dresen is where that can be achieved, then it is a better thing for him, no one suggested that Dresden's football program was better than Henry County's. Lets take for instance, Bob Markum, he is an outstanding football coach that could coach at the high school if he desired, but apparently Inman Middle school is better for him.

:) HMMM! let's think about this. In your first quote you said you did not know Hodge personally yet "you are very close to the program" Interesting. Now you tell us that "Hodge does not get on Coach T and has said nothing but good things about Coach Counce" (I thought you didn't know him personally???) and you also tell us that he is moving on to better things with his brother. Oh, and you are able to know every position on the field and Who should be the QB. :D Man in three posts you have gone from not knowing him personally to now knowing his family and what he says about people??? :thumb:

Good luck Coach Hodge in Dresden. Get off of here and quit trying to stir crap up! Also tell your buddy, Green Machine (or tell yourself) to quit worrying about HC and the decisions that have been made. The coaches that are here probably want to work hard and don't you think that the kids are reading this stuff? or maybe that is your underlying plan of action???

This is unbelievable that we are comparing Dresden to Henry County! TOO FUNNY!

pardon me sec1, but if Hodge is wanting to coach with his brother and Dresen is where that can be achieved, then it is a better thing for him, no one suggested that Dresden's football program was better than Henry County's. Lets take for instance, Bob Markum, he is an outstanding football coach that could coach at the high school if he desired, but apparently Inman Middle school is better for him.

Agree! I'd say HC native and Green Machine and Hodge just need to move on

HMMM! let's think about this. In your first quote you said you did not know Hodge personally yet "you are very close to the program" Interesting. Now you tell us that "Hodge does not get on Coach T and has said nothing but good things about Coach Counce" (I thought you didn't know him personally???) and you also tell us that he is moving on to better things with his brother. Oh, and you are able to know every position on the field and Who should be the QB. :D Man in three posts you have gone from not knowing him personally to now knowing his family and what he says about people??? :thumb:

Good luck Coach Hodge in Dresden. Get off of here and quit trying to stir crap up! Also tell your buddy, Green Machine (or tell yourself) to quit worrying about HC and the decisions that have been made. The coaches that are here probably want to work hard and don't you think that the kids are reading this stuff? or maybe that is your underlying plan of action???

This is unbelievable that we are comparing Dresden to Henry County! TOO FUNNY!

All I do is read CoachT for info but couldnt help but reply to this one.

HMMM...If by reading all your posts then one would think you are Burt Snow.....

Its so funny reading all the DRAMA that goes on here with Henry County. Get over it, you have one of the best programs in the state. Every time someone tries to back up and say good luck to Counce or whatever, somebody has to throw it back in their face. Thats makes no sense. What message do you send when somebody has something to say you might not agree with and you bash that person? (whoever it is) You dont think the players see that too. But I bet your gonna love this post cause it will stir some DRAMA up in you....Hilarious

First off, this is not Coach Hodge. What I have said about him is based on what players have told me and what I have observed. Players and parents have said that Hodge has had positive comments about Counce. And when I said he is moving on to better things at Dresden the meaning to that statement is that it is a better thing for him and the Dresden program. From what I have been told Coach Hodge hopes the program does well in his absence and expects it to do well. Get over yourselves thinking you know who this is. Ha! Yall wish. Anyway, back to the players and the team. I know the program well because I follow the program and know some of the players. What you guys don't think someone can know about players and the program unless they are a coach???? Pitiful. I didn't question your thoughts and knowledge on practice and players and the upcoming team. Seems to me some of you are probably coaches if the truth be known and need to just move on. It would be best to know your facts before naming people. The HCHS program will fine without Hodge and it is time to talk football not coaches.