Year Ends TOP TEN WRESTLERS... Whos the Best?

tnko

I don't seem to understand.........Todd beat Duncan, but Duncan is still better in the eyes of most? My top ten in the state in no order: Cameron Croy, Mike Kennedy, Blake Thomas, Daniel Todd, Campbell Lewis, Wes Wesley, Joe Proctor, Zach Watson, TJ Duncan, Daniel Baucke.

To be fair, Duncan went up a weight class to wrestle Todd. Didn't have to do it, so kudos to him for seaching out the toughest match.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many great wrestler from this past year's efforts. However, the ones that can compete at a national level is the best and most accurate prediction of who is truly the most talented in and outside of the state of Tennessee:

Cameron Croy - He will meet people in college that will not only match, but succeed his brutal strength.

Stuart Doster - If all things go well for him, he will nip his 4th state title next year. Shines directly under national spotlight.

Cole Hayes - 2 fractured ankles and a torn labrum and took 3rd? Enough said

Zach Watson - The kid is more flexible than stretch Armstrong.... Tag his strength on there as well.

Daniel Baucke - Well deserving of his OW award at the State. Great kid, great family

Alex Johnson - Unbelievable work ethic, stamina, and discipline. Great way to find a win over hooker in fianls

Zach Johnson - Unbelievable work ethic, stamina, and discipline. Outstanding career.

Campbell Lewis - Can't wait to watch him in the future

The Bradley Wrestling Team - WOW.....

My award of the Most Talented Wrestler on AND OFF (sportsmanship and character included) the mat goes to...................

Stuart Doster of Baylor

Congratulations gentlemen. A wonderful year's wrestling is in the books

1. Croy

2. Baucke

3. Watson

4. Thomas

5. Lewis

6. Wesley

7. Hayes

8. A Johnson

9. Todd

10. Duncan

are these in order?

how do you have Hayes in there, and not Doster? Doster is a 3x state champ, and Hayes has 1, and got 3rd this year.

No particular order except for 1 & 2.

Hayes pinned his way through The Clash except for one match which he majored. I also think he would be the better wrestler at the next level and a healthy Hayes would've won his class this year, IMO.

1. Croy

2. Baucke

3. Watson

4. Thomas

5. Lewis

6. Wesley

7. Hayes

8. A Johnson

9. Todd

10. Duncan

are these in order?

how do you have Hayes in there, and not Doster? Doster is a 3x state champ, and Hayes has 1, and got 3rd this year.

Hayes pinned his way through The Clash except for one match which he majored. I also think he would be the better wrestler at the next level and a healthy Hayes would've won his class this year, IMO.

While I certainly appreciate everyone's respect for Cole Hayes as he is a talented wrestler, it is amazing how many people fail to show Alex Johnson his well earned respect. Maybe everyone who is so confident that Hayes would have wo,n were he healthy, simply doesn't know that Johnson defeated a healthy Hayes at the Cleveland Duals this year.

At any rate there have been several fantastic wrestlers listed in this thread.

1. Croy

2. Baucke

3. Watson

4. Thomas

5. Lewis

6. Wesley

7. Hayes

8. A Johnson

9. Todd

10. Duncan

are these in order?

not saying that, but the title of this thread is this years Top Ten, not who would have been.

How in the world is Wesley not getting mentioned more? Blew everyone he wrestled off the mat this year

He is getting mentioned. I think everyone that put up a list (or most everyone) has him in their top 10

It's next to impossible in my opinion to really stack them in any kind of order, there were several great wrestlers this year.

In response to Ridintime and 2blLeg's earlier posts,

Cole Hayes and Stuart Doster are both very tough, as well as fine young men. If you want to see an all out battle, then I'm willing to bet the Baylor practice room held plenty of those between Hayes and Doster over the course of the season.

Hayes might very well be a 3X state champ as of last weekend if it weren't for the extremely inopportune injuries that occurred before state in both 2009 and 2010. I would've enjoyed seeing a great match between him and Johnson, and we probably would have seen a better semi-final's match between Hayes and Hooker. Anyhow, it was a tough weight class.

I'd like to add that I've seen a lot of improvement in Doster since last season. I know he was already a 2 timer, but he looked exceptional in State tourney last weekend. I think he's developed into a very skilled wrestler on top of the natural talent he already had. It's always good to see a young man keep good motivation, when he has already accomplished what few will accomplish

RidinTime and 2blleg, regarding Doster and Hayes, I certainly wouldn't put one in the top ten list without the other.

On a side note, I hope all State medalists will consider wrestling in National tournaments during the offseason in order to measure their talent against the best of the best. All State finalists are eligible for Senior Nationals and Junior nationals (if they are seniors or juniors) and I know for a fact that one 3rd place finisher from each state can apply for entry into both of these tournaments. Wrestling in national competitions is a good way to be recognized by colleges, and if nothing else it's a great opportunity. Even if you are a state champ, you can learn a few things by going to these tournaments. I hope all Tennessee coaches will urge their wrestlers to seek the best competition they can find.

Great Tournament, and congratulations to State Champions Baylor and Bradley Central. It would truly quench the Tennessee wrestling fans' long deprived desire to see a Baylor vs. Bradley "battle of the dynasties" sometime in this era.