Chris Crawford not a Mr. Basketball finalist!!!!!

Legend

How can one of the top players in the Nation not be atleast a Finalist for Mr. Basketball??? Not one player in 2A in Tennessee is rated higher then Chris Crawford! This is very bias and some BS!!!

Class AA

Jalen Steele (Fulton) unranked but I feel like he should win this year even if Crawford was a finalist.

Kedren Johnson (Marshall County) Ranked 85 by rivals

Lester Wilson (Carter) unranked

This should be Jalen Steele's time to win this award because of what he has done the last two season but Crawford is a better player...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a put down for Legend and definitely not a put down of the player, but often on here there are discussions on top prospects and awards. For Mr Basketball down to All-District, there's nothing that says a higher-ranked prospect should be the pick. All that's up to voters and the criteria is almost always blurry.

This more or less tells you the award is worthless. THIS IS A JOKE!!!!!!

If the better player plays on a competitive winning team, does not get in trouble, and is a stand up young man why wouldn't the better player win the award?

I have no argument with Steel and Johnson but the kid from Carter. Come on....i'm sure he is a great kid and good player but what exactly would separate him from Crawford.......SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE A CONVINCING CASE. I want to see what it is.

I think you are probably going to find this argument in every classification.

With only 3 statewide, there are going to be some left off that are really good players.

you are right but this is a TOP 5 PLAYER IN THE STATE REGUARDLESS OF CLASSIFICATION!!!

HE NOT EVEN A FINALIST??? BOGUS!!!

This is an award based on the type of year the young man is having. Not years, not career, not where he ranks, not where he is going to college, not any of that...I live in the Memphis area and I have seen my fair share of basketball over the years. He's good but I don't think he had that great of a year. When Jason Smith of the CA (as well as any other preps sportswriter does from across the state) goes to the meetings to vote on the finalists for Mr or Miss Basketball, the one thing that is constant is numbers. How many points, rebounds, steals, assists...If you put up good numbers playing down in Memphis, you will get recognized across the state. I don't think Chris' numbers were all that great this year but that's not to say that he won't be a good college player. He just isn't one of the 3 finalists in 2A for Mr. Basketball this year.

I was recently told the kid from Carter is a top 100 on ESPN's junior list. He was the ESPN national player of the week a couple of weeks back. He got an offer from ETSU as a Soph. He has scored 40 multiple times this year and has had 20 rebound games on a few occasions. He led Carter to the state last year and they will more than likely go this year and next too. Lester Wilson is a player!

This is an award based on the type of year the young man is having. Not years, not career, not where he ranks, not where he is going to college, not any of that...I live in the Memphis area and I have seen my fair share of basketball over the years. He's good but I don't think he had that great of a year. When Jason Smith of the CA (as well as any other preps sportswriter does from across the state) goes to the meetings to vote on the finalists for Mr or Miss Basketball, the one thing that is constant is numbers. How many points, rebounds, steals, assists...If you put up good numbers playing down in Memphis, you will get recognized across the state. I don't think Chris' numbers were all that great this year but that's not to say that he won't be a good college player. He just isn't one of the 3 finalists in 2A for Mr. Basketball this year.

If this is the case then Crawford should have not played TEAM ball and scored 30+ a game because he could do it! Crawford played team ball and is winning!!!