Region 4-AAA Tourney

MidTennFootball

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland, Columbia, Lawrence Co., siegel advance to the region semis. After that it is really a toss up. LC will bring a well coached team game in and game out. Columbia just has freaky athleticism. As for the 7AAA teams I just don't know much about. It is tournament time and upsets are the forbidden word so we can't rule them out.

That is possible. Columbia could be the most athletic but is not very well coached. Is there any information on siegel?

Siegel is kind of a wild card. Yes, Hammonds is playing, but its obvious to anyone that he is still pretty rusty. If you want to beat Siegel, you have to make them work for the points, if it is a track meet, Siegel will run over you.

Zone D all the way then. If Oakland plays Columbia watch Columbia's Defense. They will play D for about 8 or 9 seconds then they get antsy. That's the time to hit a big three. Sounds like siegel is pretty similar to Columbia.

To be fair to Siegel, they are pretty good defensively. Oakland faced a similar Columbia team last year and had their way with them. I am not saying that would happen again, but I am much more comfortable on this side of the bracket. Siegel can be very tough to stop if they feed the ball down low to Williams on a regular basis.

Im glad I can have a decent conversation with somebody on here. As long as RandyMc doesn't get on this thread I will be happy. That side of the bracket should work out for Oakland. Franklin Co. really isn't that good. Shelbyville has not been the same since the "incident". Riverdale looks like a hungry team. Columbia can make a run. siegel is siegel. LC will be interesting to see how they handle everything. Smyrna looks scary. How good is siegel's perimeter D?

Im glad I can have a decent conversation with somebody on here. As long as RandyMc doesn't get on this thread I will be happy. That side of the bracket should work out for Oakland. Franklin Co. really isn't that good. Shelbyville has not been the same since the "incident". Riverdale looks like a hungry team. Columbia can make a run. siegel is siegel. LC will be interesting to see how they handle everything. Smyrna looks scary. How good is siegel's perimeter D?

I think you need to cut RandyMC some slack, he knows way more basketball than I do to be honest. FC worries me because Oakland has drawn them alot in the region tourney as of late, you would think the law of averages would eventually play in their favor. Siegel's perimeter D is going to be decent, got some length now with Hammonds back. Lawrence Co. is the kind of team that can hurt Siegel and they have given the Stars some problems in years past.

Randy didn't make many friends down here when the "incident" happened but that's neither here nor there. LC has drawn the Stars many times. I got another question for you. Who in 7AAA has the best traveling student section. I know I take pride in LC's. We do a pretty good job. Just wondering. The guys play Smyrna and the girls play lavergne. I gotta know what I am up against.

Randy didn't make many friends down here when the "incident" happened but that's neither here nor there. LC has drawn the Stars many times. I got another question for you. Who in 7AAA has the best traveling student section. I know I take pride in LC's. We do a pretty good job. Just wondering. The guys play Smyrna and the girls play lavergne. I gotta know what I am up against.

LC's guys are probably in pretty good shape. Smyrna did play well in the district tourney, but I dont know if they can keep that up with their youth and what not. LC's girls will face the best 3 seed in the state. In almost another other district, LaVergne's girls would have finished first. I guess Oakland and Siegel travel the best, although I dont pay much attention to that sort of thing.............