Region 4-AAA Tourney

MidTennFootball

Who has came from McFadden where one could say that they were well coached in middle school? I cant think of anyone that came from McFadden and made an impact on their high school team. I like Kenny but havent seen much out of anyone he has coached. I think his best talent was Paul O'Steen and Collin Smith. Both went to Siegel and never saw the floor. I will be interested to see who gets the Oakland Middle job. Has anyone applied yet?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has came from McFadden where one could say that they were well coached in middle school? I cant think of anyone that came from McFadden and made an impact on their high school team. I like Kenny but havent seen much out of anyone he has coached. I think his best talent was Paul O'Steen and Collin Smith. Both went to Siegel and never saw the floor. I will be interested to see who gets the Oakland Middle job. Has anyone applied yet?

I was looking at both sides as I believe he coached the guys and the girls. Your not always going to have the talent, but if your program is consistently near the top, then you must be doing something right.

I think Wright should be looking for someone who can prepare the Oakland Middle kids to transition into Oakland High. So many middle school kids get into High school and don't know how to truely play the game. Ask any of the freshmen coaches around the area. The first few months are spent fixing the poor habits and incorrect coaching the players got in middle school.

The Oakland Middle School job under Mike Wright would be just as good as any high school in that area right now to me. I don't know who it will be who gets the chance to run that program, but whomever it is will have a wonderful opportunity in working with and learning from a great young coach in Wright. He had a couple of young guys working for him at Morristown East. The older of his 3 assistants there got the head job, Dag Berquest I believe? The other two stayed on East staff and are very involved, but I could possibly see one of them coming down. Better pay, better basketball, better opportunities, and they already know Mike's system...

I think Wright should be looking for someone who can prepare the Oakland Middle kids to transition into Oakland High. So many middle school kids get into High school and don't know how to truely play the game. Ask any of the freshmen coaches around the area. The first few months are spent fixing the poor habits and incorrect coaching the players got in middle school.

Well as mjl4e said, Wright is going to get sayso over who takes over, so I imagine somebody who fits the mold of what Oakland likes to do.

How much say so can Wright actually have over who is hired? The teachers from Lascassas, Kitrell, Buchanan, and Central all have to have jobs. I'm not sure exactly how many openings there will be.

Indeed. But i believe that he will be given at least a fair shake in getting one of his guys there. If all else fails, always do it yourself

I know Mike personally, he WILL have a say so. They do all have to have jobs, but their will still be openings. Don't be surprised if he doesn't make it to the state tournament with the Patriots, on him being their anyway working his magic to fill that position. That is what he did last year and he came from East TN to the big boy league...

I know Mike personally, he WILL have a say so. They do all have to have jobs, but their will still be openings. Don't be surprised if he doesn't make it to the state tournament with the Patriots, on him being their anyway working his magic to fill that position. That is what he did last year and he came from East TN to the big boy league...

I think he will make it to the state tournamnet also. I believe both teams that make it to the region champ game will make it to state. Chatt area is terrible this year.