Region 4-AAA Tourney

MidTennFootball

OP - just wondering when Siegel has had trouble with Lawerence Co.? They beat LC by 32 last year, and 17 & 12 the two meetings before that. I'm not saying thats what will happen this year if the two play eachother, just wondering what makes you think Siegel has had problems with LC in the past.

Haven't had a chance to see LC this year. What are they doing so well to have gotten them where they are?

I'm predicting Siegel vs. Oakland IV!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to go with Oakland all the way. Look what Coach Wright did with Morristown East in two years. There he won the Conference title, District title, Region Finals, and ultimately got beat by last year's Bearden Powerhouse in the Sub-State. He did all that in two years with basically not alot to work with in Morristown. Is anyone doubting him and what he can do with this Oakland team that actually brings some athleticism to the table? Not me! This guy is one of the best coaches around and has learned from the best. I mean, look what his dad is doing with rinky dink Sevier Co. this year. In that region, there is a chance they will go to the State Tourny. If it comes to coaching, and most of it does this time of year, I put all my money on Wright and the Patriots...

OP - just wondering when Siegel has had trouble with Lawerence Co.? They beat LC by 32 last year, and 17 & 12 the two meetings before that. I'm not saying thats what will happen this year if the two play eachother, just wondering what makes you think Siegel has had problems with LC in the past.

Haven't had a chance to see LC this year. What are they doing so well to have gotten them where they are?

I'm predicting Siegel vs. Oakland IV!!!

While Siegel has won decisively in those games, there have been moments in the other 2 where Lawrence Co was able to hang with them. Like I said, If Lawrence Co. can make this a halfcourt game, they got a better than 50 percent chance IMO, but if its a track meet, Siegel will go right through them.

As long as Oakland is in the championship game, its all gravy............

What a great story that would be if both could make it to the State Tournament!!! Probably first time father and son make it to the State Tournament as Coaches.

Coach Wright's son is a heck of a coach. Look at what he did at Pigeon Forge before going to Morristown East. Obviously Coaching is a major plus at all times. Morristown East goes from accomplishing all those things last year to possibly bounced out of 1st round with the same team coming back. Look at what a drop off Pigeon Forge has had since his departure. COACHING MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!

Who is the best player in 7AAA that can be seen in regions?

Best player currently is Jamal Hughes of Oakland. He is a very good basketball player but what most people dont see with Jamal is how smart of a player he is. In my opinion, Adams just hopes he finds himself alone on the 3-pt line. Walker from Oakland is very athletic.

In my opinion, Hammonds from Siegel is the best player in 7AAA when he is 100%. He sustained a foot injury in early Dec. and has only been back 2 games. He is stiil very rusty and out of shape. Siegel's 6'8 post Cedric Williams is also a man in the post when he comes to play.

Riverdale has a great 6'8 post in Vari Craig. He is excellent both offensively and defensively. But you can however get in his head and get him off of his game.

Smyrna doesn't have anyone to be completely honest with you.

Seems that Siegel's loss may have actually helped them out with Columbia losing. Oakland may be on the wrong end of the luck train this year. Last year in the dist. champ. Columbia beat Shelbyville sending Shelbyville into Siegel's bracket. This year the better team in 8AAA in my opinion is Columbia but a loss in the dist. champ. sends them into Oaklands bracket. Will be 2 interesting games in the semi-finals this year!!!

Who is the best player in 7AAA that can be seen in regions?

Best player currently is Jamal Hughes of Oakland. He is a very good basketball player but what most people dont see with Jamal is how smart of a player he is. In my opinion, Adams just hopes he finds himself alone on the 3-pt line. Walker from Oakland is very athletic.

In my opinion, Hammonds from Siegel is the best player in 7AAA when he is 100%. He sustained a foot injury in early Dec. and has only been back 2 games. He is stiil very rusty and out of shape. Siegel's 6'8 post Cedric Williams is also a man in the post when he comes to play.

Riverdale has a great 6'8 post in Vari Craig. He is excellent both offensively and defensively. But you can however get in his head and get him off of his game.

Smyrna doesn't have anyone to be completely honest with you.

Seems that Siegel's loss may have actually helped them out with Columbia losing. Oakland may be on the wrong end of the luck train this year. Last year in the dist. champ. Columbia beat Shelbyville sending Shelbyville into Siegel's bracket. This year the better team in 8AAA in my opinion is Columbia but a loss in the dist. champ. sends them into Oaklands bracket. Will be 2 interesting games in the semi-finals this year!!!

Ill agree with all of that except at the bottom. Win or lose, I dont think Siegel or Oakland is any better position to make it to the finals, unlike last year. Oakland showed that if you can maintain patience and discipline against Columbia, you stand a pretty good chance of winning. Columbia tends to rely on their talent and athleticism more than most, something that would not bode well for them should they draw Oakland. They still have to get by Riverdale first........ But your right, the name of the game is survive and advance, hopefully Siegel learned their lesson from last year and can put their best foot forward.

First of all, Morristown East is still 19-10 on the season. They only truly play one senior, 2 juniors, and 5 SOPHOMORES!!! East is a young team and I think they will make a run at the region title this year! Coach Wright did set this in motion, but Morristown East is 10-3 in their last 13 games. I think they might be getting hot at the right time...

I don't know about Oakland now. We will see how coaching makes a difference. I just found out and its a fact, Oakland's point guard tore his ACL. He is going to try and play, but I don't know how much of a factor he will be in the region and the rest of the year!

First of all, Morristown East is still 19-10 on the season. They only truly play one senior, 2 juniors, and 5 SOPHOMORES!!! East is a young team and I think they will make a run at the region title this year! Coach Wright did set this in motion, but Morristown East is 10-3 in their last 13 games. I think they might be getting hot at the right time...

I don't know about Oakland now. We will see how coaching makes a difference. I just found out and its a fact, Oakland's point guard tore his ACL. He is going to try and play, but I don't know how much of a factor he will be in the region and the rest of the year!

First off, Morristown-East isnt in Region 4AAA so take the Morristown East talk elsewhere.

Secondly, Oakland will be the same if not better without Rhodes in my opinion if he did infact tear his ACL. I hate it for the kid and my thoughts and prayers are with him, but he only shot the ball once or twice a game. He was by no means a defensive stopper or rebounder. What I'm getting at is I think Oakland can replace Rhodes easily if not make their team better by adding Brown. He had a huge game against Siegel in the dist. champ. and in my opinion is a better scorer, defender, and rebounder than Rhodes. If ballhandling is a ?, Oakland could easily get the ball down court by committee with Hughes, Adams, and Mitchell.

I personally am looking forward to Oakland vs. Siegel IV!!!!!

First off, Morristown-East isnt in Region 4AAA so take the Morristown East talk elsewhere.

Secondly, Oakland will be the same if not better without Rhodes in my opinion if he did infact tear his ACL. I hate it for the kid and my thoughts and prayers are with him, but he only shot the ball once or twice a game. He was by no means a defensive stopper or rebounder. What I'm getting at is I think Oakland can replace Rhodes easily if not make their team better by adding Brown. He had a huge game against Siegel in the dist. champ. and in my opinion is a better scorer, defender, and rebounder than Rhodes. If ballhandling is a ?, Oakland could easily get the ball down court by committee with Hughes, Adams, and Mitchell.

I personally am looking forward to Oakland vs. Siegel IV!!!!!

I dont know about that. Whereas Darius doesnt provide much in the box score, he does all the little things that make it possible for Oakland to win. With Rhodes out, Oakland cannot afford to get into any sort of foul trouble. Ballhandling is a question mark for Brown, but like you said, had the game of his life against Siegel. Hopefully that is something Oakland can build upon going into next season......