Rankin must be looking!!!!!!

automatic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from a very reliable source that Rankin interviewed today for the Head Coach position Dalton High School in Dalton,Ga. This is not just idle chatter.I know he was there today.Did any of you Alcoa fans know about this? :popcorneater:

Head coaches do this all the time Mac does it, Flatt used to do it, Rankin does it. Alcoa boosters understand what this means. :bored:

Heard from a very reliable source that Rankin interviewed today for the Head Coach position Dalton High School in Dalton,Ga. This is not just idle chatter.I know he was there today.Did any of you Alcoa fans know about this? ^_^

Head coaches do this all the time Mac does it, Flatt used to do it, Rankin does it. Alcoa boosters understand what this means. :evil:

Call his bluff. Most good junior pro coaches could win at Alcoa.

Well, I tried to tell everyone a couple of months ago, but, Alcoa fans said "ain't gonna happen has a son that plays etc." You keep looking at the gold balls and not the character of the Coach. He's just like an AAU basketball coach, get's around a bunch of tallent and starts thinking the he done it all. Get used to him leaving every year because you are going to hear it every year. Come on Alcoa, call his bluff!!!!!!

Some reasons why Rankin may leave TN. He has put in his "time" in TN. He can retire with full benefits from TN. Move to Georgia and draw another salary. Georgia is loaded with good players and good programs. WHo wouldn't do that? I dare to say that anyone in their right mind would not at least consider that. On top of that, he is still relatively young. I think he has at least 10 very good coaching years in front of him. Good luck coach in whatever you decide to do.

Well, I tried to tell everyone a couple of months ago, but, Alcoa fans said "ain't gonna happen has a son that plays etc." You keep looking at the gold balls and not the character of the Coach. He's just like an AAU basketball coach, get's around a bunch of tallent and starts thinking the he done it all. Get used to him leaving every year because you are going to hear it every year. Come on Alcoa, call his bluff!!!!!!

Well broke, you are sooooo smart. You know it all don't you? My, my, I wish I was just half as smart as you are. You wouldn't know Gary Rankin if he walked in the room. You get a highly successful coach and "know it all's" start showing how dumb they are.

Interesting comments.It would be interesting to see how good of a job Rankin would do if he was coaching the team with less talent.Obviously he hasn't had the chance to do that at Riverdale or Alcoa.Maybe he is looking to challenge himself in Georgia.

Coach Rankin is an excellent Coach and Person! At Riverdale he had teams with less talent and his teams still won games and he would be the first to tell you he had teams at The Dale that shouldn't have made it to the title game that did. There were also teams at RHS that should of gone to State and won it all but didn't. Coach Rankin would also tell you that he was not the only one that made the programs he's been at successful. These programs have had great assistants and great hard working players! All involved have to buy into a coach and his program to be as successful as Coach Rankin has! So what if a coach looks at other opportunities! In any business if you are not looking at opportunities to grow and challenge yourself then in my humble opinion you are just coasting through life. On the other hand some folks are satisfied with what they are doing or where they have gone and stay at places for a long time and that is great as well. ;) It all comes down to what your ambition is as a person no matter what career you choose as long as the individual is happy! I personally think alot of Coach Rankin and his family! ;) Good luck to Coach Rankin and I wish him alot of success in whatever he decides to do! ;)

If he did leave, which I hope he doesn't, I think Alcoa should look at their DC, Nix. I listened to him speak at the Glazier Clinic in Nashville and I came away thoroughly impressed. He's a young guy with tons of passion. I look for him to make a splash somewhere as an HC in the next 5 years.

I met Coach Nix before last season and he was impressive. I have heard lots of Alcoa fans talked highly of him. He will be sucessful when and if he chooses to become a head coach.