Region 5 AA Tourney

tnchad1980

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone please list all tourney team.

Bridges - Lipscomb

Cowan - East Lit

Brooks - Macon

Gregory? # 14 Macon Co.

Roman - CPA

Mitchell - CPA (MVP)

CPA must make it hard on the tournamnet selection committee. Different players step up each night. CPA seems to take what the opposing teams defensives give them. Pack in the middle to stop Mitchell, then Roman and Boyd will beat you from the outside. Try to stop the 3 and Thurley, Boyd and Roman will drive around you to the basket. Then there is Houge and Thompson who are defensive stoppers who will also hit the open jumpers.

Mitchell (19 points). Thurley (16) and Boyd (16) were huge last night. Roman was huge in the semi finals against Lipscomb. Also I thought one of the keys the game last night was the defense of Houge. She must have had 5 steals in the fourth quarter.

CPA was down by 5 points with four minutes to go. Boyd hit a huge 3 to get back to down 2. It was tied with 3 minutes to go. A couple of steals, and defensive stops and then CPA hit all their free throws (8 of 8 I think) to ice the win.

I have been a follower of this district for a long time, and I just have to say that CPA's coaching is so much better than the rest of this district. DL has so much talent and athleticism, but every coach in 10AA knows how to prepare for DL, because nothing has changed in 20+ years. If they don't get points on transition, then it is the same motion play with either someone cutting to the basket or a three point shot. Hmm... not too tough to defend... especially if you press, and force them to a 1/2 court game.

The DL/CPA game was game was great, and both teams played there hearts out. CPA always has the edge. I'm guessing CPA's basketball coach is not the coach of any other sports program - right? DL really needs to look at their girls basketball program, and make some changes if they ever want to get back to the Boro. East Lit and Hume Fogg are getting ready to be dominant programs with coaches that want to prepare their players for the next level (CPA has been there for two years, and I only see them getting better).

Good luck CPA!!! Hope you kick tail, and go far in the state tourney!

I have been a follower of this district for a long time, and I just have to say that CPA's coaching is so much better than the rest of this district. DL has so much talent and athleticism, but every coach in 10AA knows how to prepare for DL, because nothing has changed in 20+ years. If they don't get points on transition, then it is the same motion play with either someone cutting to the basket or a three point shot. Hmm... not too tough to defend... especially if you press, and force them to a 1/2 court game.

The DL/CPA game was game was great, and both teams played there hearts out. CPA always has the edge. I'm guessing CPA's basketball coach is not the coach of any other sports program - right? DL really needs to look at their girls basketball program, and make some changes if they ever want to get back to the Boro. East Lit and Hume Fogg are getting ready to be dominant programs with coaches that want to prepare their players for the next level (CPA has been there for two years, and I only see them getting better).

Thanks. Ellison is also CPA's AD. He steped in to coach last year when the previous coach left at the start of the season. I think many years ago he coached the boy's team before he became AD.

Lipscomb gave CPA all they could handle this year in three close games. Two of them decided in the last minute. I was impressed with what they did dispite not having much height. CPA starts a junior, sophomore and a freshman. The first sub in off the bench is a freshman as well so the future looks encouraging.

What a ridiculous post. First of all, everyone knows you are bitter that your daughter, who graduated last year, wasn't the superstar you thought she was. Good player but it wasn't the coach's fault she wasn't the second coming of Candice Parker.

Second, I am told you only came to ONE Lipscomb game all season and that you were not at the most recent DL/CPA game. Not exactly authoritative research. If you had been there you would have seen DL's team play their hearts out and DL's coaches coach a great game. Look at the stats of the DL/ Sycamore game for another example. DL's game plan totally shut down Sycamore - a team ranked right behind CPA all season.

Third, CPA had at least 4 players taller than any DL starter. DL had no size this year. I guess that's due to the coach coaching baseball, too. CPA had more talent than DL this year, but DL gave them fits in some great games.

Let it go. Your daughter's in college now. Get a hobby.