Region 5A Battles: District 9A VS District 10A

NeWbLuE

Its pretty much North VS South, Tennessee that is.

Can District 10A with Clarksville Academy, McEwen, East Robertson, and White House Heritage take more than ONE victory in this ongoing 1st round regional matchup with the teams from District 9A? Forrest, Cascade, Eagleville, and Community.

Forrest(1) VS White House-Heritage(4)

Clarksville Academy(1) VS Community(4)

McEwen(2) VS Eagleville(3)

Cascade(2) VS East Robertson(3).

Upsets in each of the district tournaments set up some matchups that were not predicted by the regular season standings. Forrest is one of those teams with an upset of Eagleville in 3 OTs first round and they were 4 th place coming in. Eagleville is prob the better # 3 seed and will give #2 McEwen a very tough game. Prob tougher than McEwen expected after beating #2 seed WHHeritage by 2 points in the first round and advancing into the Championship game with Clarksville Aca. Eagleville wins that one. Cascade and East Robertson is a toss up looks like it depends on which team shows up with both of those teams. (Both seem up and down all season). The sleeper may be the Forrest and White House Heritage game. With Forrest slipping into the #1 seed and a home court Advantage, Heritage will be poised for an upset of the Rockets. The Patriots had wins over all District 10 A teams during the season including Clarksville Academy who was ranked #1 in the State at the time. I look for a surprise win by WHHeritage against a team who has peaked too early for the final run. I also look for Clarksville Academy to walk away with an easy win from Community.

10A goes 2-2 in Region 5 A. One way or another. Good luck to all . Let the games begin.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty much North VS South, Tennessee that is.

Can District 10A with Clarksville Academy, McEwen, East Robertson, and White House Heritage take more than ONE victory in this ongoing 1st round regional matchup with the teams from District 9A? Forrest, Cascade, Eagleville, and Community.

Forrest(1) VS White House-Heritage(4)

Clarksville Academy(1) VS Community(4)

McEwen(2) VS Eagleville(3)

Cascade(2) VS East Robertson(3).

Upsets in each of the district tournaments set up some matchups that were not predicted by the regular season standings. Forrest is one of those teams with an upset of Eagleville in 3 OTs first round and they were 4 th place coming in. Eagleville is prob the better # 3 seed and will give #2 McEwen a very tough game. Prob tougher than McEwen expected after beating #2 seed WHHeritage by 2 points in the first round and advancing into the Championship game with Clarksville Aca. Eagleville wins that one. Cascade and East Robertson is a toss up looks like it depends on which team shows up with both of those teams. (Both seem up and down all season). The sleeper may be the Forrest and White House Heritage game. With Forrest slipping into the #1 seed and a home court Advantage, Heritage will be poised for an upset of the Rockets. The Patriots had wins over all District 10 A teams during the season including Clarksville Academy who was ranked #1 in the State at the time. I look for a surprise win by WHHeritage against a team who has peaked too early for the final run. I also look for Clarksville Academy to walk away with an easy win from Community.

10A goes 2-2 in Region 5 A. One way or another. Good luck to all . Let the games begin.

This is a great topic. Glad you brought it up. Hopefully we will see some more talk on here about our Region now that we are in tournament time. I think it will be a great tournament.

Community @ Clarksville Academy- I will start off with our game. If I was a biased as you are in your analysis I might pick us to pull off the upset. But I think I am a little more rooted in reality than you. I just hop we go out and compete hard on Saturday. Winner: Clarksville Academy

WHH @ Forrest- I find it funny that you continue to try to gain respect from the fact that your beat Clarksville Academy when they DID NOT HAVE their Mr. Basketball finalist. Congrats. You think if McEwen happened to be playing them on that night that they would not have beaten them? Forrest is a well-coached team that is peaking and their home court advantage is pretty big. Winner: Forrest

Eagleville @ McEwen- This is the blockbuster 1st round game. Forrest beating Eagleville in 3 OT's in that 2nd round of the district really was unfortunate for McEwen. As a #2 seed you dont expect this kind of matchup in the 1st round. This game will be close no matter which team wins. Eagleville is too deep and too experienced in the end. Winner- Eagleville

East Roberson @ Cascade- Flip a coin. Both teams seem to be very inconsistent. If Cascade is playing up to their capabilities they are hard to beat. If they play uninspired basketball then they can get beat by just about anybody. Winner- Toss-up

Yeah I agree with you Communityhero Single A ball dosen't get enough credit. 9A and 10A have been going at it for several years now. Seem usually in boys and girls you all (9A) have the better teams. Strange but true. But, I find it would be hard for you to be too biased for community this year any way you guys didn't win a single game against the other 3 regional playoff teams in your district. We have wins over all of the teams in our district. White House Heritage is a young team with only one Senior Starting and they are Coached very well. They have height and speed and can shoot the rock . They have hit a little slump going into the District Tourney this yr, and yes I am Biased in their favor because I have seen them play when they are hot and they can really be hard to stop, but D-fense is where Heritage really steps up. (Heritage held McEwen to 30 points) Time will tell. I won't be at the Forrest/White House game Sat. I will have to find out the score here. So Forrest fans talk it up on CoachT when you get home, I want to hear details... Communityhero you can talk about Commuinity too, ha. OH and I agree with you, McEwen will hit a buzz saw against Eagleville, haha too bad for them.

Good luck. Stay Healthy.

GO PATRIOTS

Forrest handled WHH pretty well tonight, now they need to carry momentum over for McEwen on Tues. Cascade got the win and will meet Clarksville Academy on Tues......was surprised at Eagleville's loss to McEwen, but tourney time, anything can happen!!! GO ROCKETS, get that W over McEwen!!!!! Y'all are ready!!!!!

NeWbLuE, looks like haha is on you as far as McEwen is concerned. Went to the McEwen-Eagleveille game tonight and McEwen never backed down. Your dislike for McEwen appears to turn you into an idiot that cannot give the proper respect to a pretty good team. McEwen had a good game plan and executed it pretty well. McEwen's big man gave the Eagles fits. The Eagles made a run to start the 4th but McEwen withstood it and hit their free throws to seal it.

Looks like the haha was on WHH as the couldn't get past the Forrest Rockets. I suspect Forrest-McEwen will be a good match up Tuesday night. The Academy should handle Cascade. I would think there is a good chance of a 10A region finals. McEwen will have to play well to beat Forrest though.

Forrest handled WHH pretty well tonight, now they need to carry momentum over for McEwen on Tues. Cascade got the win and will meet Clarksville Academy on Tues......was surprised at Eagleville's loss to McEwen, but tourney time, anything can happen!!! GO ROCKETS, get that W over McEwen!!!!! Y'all are ready!!!!!

Did you yell a lot tonight? :roflol:

10a vs 9a battle ended up 2-2

I was a little surprised by the eagleville and mcewin game.. mcewin stepped up big

CA vs Cascade

Mcewin vs Forrest

My predictions.. CA by 15 and Mcewin by 6

Clarksville Academy played Cascade @ Cascade earlier in the season and won by a pretty big margain.

Its tourny time and anything could happen. Forrest seems to be peaking right now. The MC vs Forrest game should be a good one. Good luck to everyone and go district 10a!!!