Collins Hill hires new coach

rgalvan

Got this off the GA "Underground" site! I know Josh and his brother Mike, TRUST ME, the Hill will not lose a thing!! They will be on top for a long time!!

Collins Hill High School names new Head Coach !!

by ThomasConnell on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm

We are happy to announce that Josh Stephen will be the new Head Wrestling Coach at Collins Hill High School.

Coach Stephen has been the assistant coach here at Collins Hill for the past two years. While no one can take Coach Cliff Ramos' place, we feel this is the best fit to continue the success we have seen at Collins Hill.

He is the former head coach at Harrison High School in Kennesaw, Georgia. Harrison finished 2nd in both the Traditional and Dual State Championships in 2008.

During his 6 years at Harrison, Coach Stephen accumulated 23 individual state placers including 7 individual State Championships and 2 High School All-Americans. He has also been a Team Georgia freestyle and greco-roman coach for the past 14 years.

Coach Stephens joins the CHHS wrestling family with his wife, Catalina Calero and he has a twin brother who is the head wrestling coach at Grayson High School.

Last edited by ThomasConnell on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas Connell

Collins Hill Wrestling

Not that Ramos is not a great coach but how would he do at a school with zoned boundries that had an enrollment of 1500 students? If he wants see how good he really is go to Memphil Melrose and see if he can be successful in Orange Mound!

Ramos announced his retirement to the Collins Hill wrestling program, ending a 34-year coaching career.

" He also wants to travel more and spend more time with his best friend Steve West, but more importantly focus on serving God.

“I don’t know how yet, but I can serve Him more,” Ramos said.

Ramos has certainly been blessed as a wrestling coach.

Ramos started his coaching career in Butler, Mo., in the late 70s, spent five years at East Hall and then spent eight years at Meadowcreek before taking over the Collins Hill program. During that span he collected more than 600 wins and 80 losses.

He built the Collins Hill program from scratch and turned it into the best program in the state. The Eagles have won five traditional state championships and four dual state titles and have finished in the top three at state the last 11 years.

The Eagles have produced 31 state champions and 111 state placers, most notably four-time state champion Tyler Parker.

“I’m so happy to do this in my career,” Ramos said. “There’s a lot of teachers and coaches that have regrets, but I don’t have any. I would do it all again.”

it.”

cbg- pray to God and see if he answers your prayers! Sounds like Coach Ramos wants to serve God more :flower: He is a class act. I saw a footballcoach take over a program that had won 1 game in 12 years and turn it into a winner in his first season. Great Coaches are hard to find but can lead young men to do great things! :flower:

Not that Ramos is not a great coach but how would he do at a school with zoned boundries that had an enrollment of 1500 students? If he wants see how good he really is go to Memphil Melrose and see if he can be successful in Orange Mound!

He'd do well where ever he went. Look up the demographics for Meadowcreek, he did well there and probably just had enough to fill a lineup. Check East Hall....a fairly small school between Buford and Gainesville......known most for the Atlanta Falcons training camp.

He's a winner and would be anywhere.

I heard a rumor that he going to start a homeless shelter. It wouldn't surprise me...he's a great person.

He'd do well where ever he went. Look up the demographics for Meadowcreek, he did well there and probably just had enough to fill a lineup. Check East Hall....a fairly small school between Buford and Gainesville......known most for the Atlanta Falcons training camp.

He's a winner and would be anywhere.

I heard a rumor that he going to start a homeless shelter. It wouldn't surprise me...he's a great person.

Sounds alot like another great GA powerhouse person the late GREAT Paul Anderson.