Region 4AAA Tournament at Shelbyville

SLOWNEZ

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville vs. Blackman. Winner Blackman

Lavergne vs. Riverdale Winner Riverdale

Another District 7AAA Championship game. Lavergne is probably the most athletic tallest fastest team in the state. Don't be surprised if they win though.

They might be tall, athletic and fast but so were the Columbia boys. It takes more than that to beat the well coached good teams. Good Luck to all remaining teams. Should be a great Region tournament.

Shelbyville vs. Blackman. Winner Blackman

Lavergne vs. Riverdale Winner Riverdale

Another District 7AAA Championship game. Lavergne is probably the most athletic tallest fastest team in the state. Don't be surprised if they win though.

Riverdale knows what LC :flower: found out the hard way last night, LaVergne can beat any body on any given nite! They are a DANGEROUS team and we know if Riverdale fails to bring the A game then we will be washing uniforms :flower: Wed. instead of playing for another gold ball. It's that time of the year. :flower:

Sure is quite to be tournament time. Reminds me of the calm before the storm. Monday night has got to be one of the most nerve recking and intense of the tournament. If you lose then the season is done but a win gets you a trip to sub state. With this in the back of everyones mind these games will be worth the price of admission (well almost $7.00). IMO with the economy in the dumps and families struggling to make ends connect TSSAA should lower the admission price to $5.00 for adults and and children 8 and under free. Lets face it this is a family sport and there are no high rollers flying in to Nashville like it was a Titans game. Do something to give back to the sport of girls basketball and help out the blue collar working men and women of Tennessee. Uh' gee, do you think it will work? Oh well it was worth a good boy scout try. Hope everyone enjoys the games and most importantly have a safe trip coming and going the distance with travel. God bless!

Sure is quite to be tournament time. Reminds me of the calm before the storm. Monday night has got to be one of the most nerve recking and intense of the tournament. If you lose then the season is done but a win gets you a trip to sub state. With this in the back of everyones mind these games will be worth the price of admission (well almost $7.00). IMO with the economy in the dumps and families struggling to make ends connect TSSAA should lower the admission price to $5.00 for adults and and children 8 and under free. Lets face it this is a family sport and there are no high rollers flying in to Nashville like it was a Titans game. Do something to give back to the sport of girls basketball and help out the blue collar working men and women of Tennessee. Uh' gee, do you think it will work? Oh well it was worth a good boy scout try. Hope everyone enjoys the games and most importantly have a safe trip coming and going the distance with travel. God bless!

I'm with you Dad. Too quiet for me also. Can someone tell me what the strengths are for Blackman? Have not seen them play this year but I will be there to cheer the Eaglettes on tonight against the Lady Blaze.

I'm with you Dad. Too quiet for me also. Can someone tell me what the strengths are for Blackman? Have not seen them play this year but I will be there to cheer the Eaglettes on tonight against the Lady Blaze.

Blackman has a good point guard in Shelby Campbell (Leader of the team). Has 1 post player that is hard too stop inside in Netanya Jackson (6'3). Also has another post player who has really developed and is playing well in Cox (6'0). Has a scorer in Nowlin at Guard or small forward. Will score most points from inside the lane. Weakness would be outside shooting. Have 1 very important player out due to injury in Katie Smith (6'2). I expect a very close game.

WOW WHAT A GAME TONIGHT BY MY LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!every player made BIG CONTRIBUTIONS in this game it is hard to call all these girls out for their hard work and play because i could literally name every girl on the court for a big contribution to win this game...Cobi was getting the crap beaten out of her tonight and i do not know how she got 26 points i can telly ou she earned EVERYONE of those points Jaclisa played GREAT DEFENSE and shot the ball really well THANK YOU ASHLEY FOR SHOOTING WHEN YOU ARE OPEN Candace i love oyur physical presence inside it doesnt matter how big the girl is candace is gonna mix it up and let her presence be felt TY does a great job of seeing the court and driving the lane when she should and pullin up for the jumper and passing when she should she does not make many mistakes with turning the ball over NATALIE came off the bench and hit a big 3 and played some good defense as well. Oliva came off the bench and made some GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAYS that help turn the game around and she had some big rebounds as well!!!it was a tremendous team effort and a great coaching effort to when lavergne would close the gap the coaches would call the right play to get the bucket or shot we needed to expand the lead back up

GREAT JOB LADIES I LOVE YALL

GO LADY WARRIORS