Go Greene!

barb

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not barb, but here are my thoughts.

North Greene has defeated Hancock twice already this season if I remember correctly. Therefore on a neutral floor the Huskies win. The girls will be ready since it has been a few years since they have been this far. NGHS by 6!

South Greene has not played Unicoi this year. They always play well come tourney time. Therefore I have to give the edge to South Greene. But, if the Region 2 officials don't allow South Greene to bring their saddles it could frustrate the Rebels and swing the game to Unicoi. My prediction South Greene by 8.

Greeneville may have one of the most balanced teams in the area. Played well at the end of the season and probably should have won the District title. Elizabethton has one of the most talented teams in the state with only one loss to who else but Greeneville. This should be a dandy of a game on a neutral floor with neutral officials. Betsy wants revenge for that one loss and greeneville is pissed of they don't get any respect. Don't forget they won the season conference and rightfully deserved the player of the year award. and didn't get it They shouldn't get penalized because of their balance. Like I said this one is for the record books I think. 1 or 2 point game unless one team gets really hot. But the edge I must give to Betsy. Sorry Devils fans I hope you prove me wrong.

North Greene has defeated Hancock twice already this season if I remember correctly. Therefore on a neutral floor the Huskies win. The girls will be ready since it has been a few years since they have been this far. NGHS by 6!

South Greene has not played Unicoi this year. They always play well come tourney time. Therefore I have to give the edge to South Greene. But, if the Region 2 officials don't allow South Greene to bring their saddles it could frustrate the Rebels and swing the game to Unicoi. My prediction South Greene by 8.

Greeneville may have one of the most balanced teams in the area. Played well at the end of the season and probably should have won the District title. Elizabethton has one of the most talented teams in the state with only one loss to who else but Greeneville. This should be a dandy of a game on a neutral floor with neutral officials. Betsy wants revenge for that one loss and greeneville is pissed of they don't get any respect. Don't forget they won the season conference and rightfully deserved the player of the year award. and didn't get it They shouldn't get penalized because of their balance. Like I said this one is for the record books I think. 1 or 2 point game unless one team gets really hot. But the edge I must give to Betsy. Sorry Devils fans I hope you prove me wrong.

sorry, but the 1 loss that betsy carries on their record is not to greeneville. it is to morristown west in the land air semi's in greeneville. they have already avenged that hall of champions loss to greeneville with a home date back in late december or early january by 30+. :roflol:

I wouldn't call CDMS a neutrral court.....NG definitely has what amounts to home-court advantage. Think the SG game may very well come down to how tightly this one if officiated. If its a tough physical game, I think SG may have the edge. Greeneville will need the kind of defense that carried them through the end of this season to take this rubber match from Betsy...

sportsfan, good observation about the zebras. the region 2 guys do tend to view things a little different.

dare, get your facts straight. Greenville beat betsy by 5 in Nov and Betsy returned the favor in mid dec by 18. Perhaps you have the 30 point difference confused with eliz's other loss-----it was by 30 to mo-west.

If unicoi can withstand the pressure SG will put on them at the start of each half, and hang around, who knows what the blue devils might do.

sorry, but the 1 loss that betsy carries on their record is not to greeneville. it is to morristown west in the land air semi's in greeneville. they have already avenged that hall of champions loss to greeneville with a home date back in late december or early january by 30+. :thumb:

True the loss to Greeneville early in the season did not have to be counted on their record since it was Hall of Champions. However, Elizabethton did not beat GHS by 30. They pretty much beat our JV by around 20. Coach pulled all the GHS starters (made them put their warmups on and sit at the end of the bench) in the 2nd quarter because they weren't giving the effort she felt they should. In their defense, this was the very next night after their win over SG and I'm sure they probably didn't have much effort left TO give. Upside, the spunky little JV squad held their own.

All this is to say that we can't really compare by what happened in either one of these games back in November/December. Both teams have matured and blossomed to excellence. It's tournament time and both teams should be conditioned to play night after night now no matter what the circumstances. It should be a heck of a game!

sorry, but the 1 loss that betsy carries on their record is not to greeneville. it is to morristown west in the land air semi's in greeneville. they have already avenged that hall of champions loss to greeneville with a home date back in late december or early january by 30+. :thumb:

True the loss to Greeneville early in the season did not have to be counted on their record since it was Hall of Champions. However, Elizabethton did not beat GHS by 30. They pretty much beat our JV by around 20. Coach pulled all the GHS starters (made them put their warmups on and sit at the end of the bench) in the 2nd quarter because they weren't giving the effort she felt they should. In their defense, this was the very next night after their win over SG and I'm sure they probably didn't have much effort left TO give. Upside, the spunky little JV squad held their own.

All this is to say that we can't really compare by what happened in either one of these games back in November/December. Both teams have matured and blossomed to excellence. It's tournament time and both teams should be conditioned to play night after night now no matter what the circumstances. It should be a heck of a game!

First, I count the 5 point loss to Greeneville on day 1 of the season in the HOC game because we counted the win over C-D. I know the rules allow for it, but to me, if you're going to count one you should count the other. Secondly, the game at EHS on Dec. 17 was a 22 point win for the Lady Cyclones. If you actually watched the game, it seemed like 30 because EHS did lead by 33 at one time and pretty much dominated the game. While it's true the Greeneville coach benched the starters for a while, it's a stretch to say that EHS "pretty much beat our JV by around 20." The starters were down big before the JV hit the floor. Likewise, the Greeneville starters were back in the game in the 4th quarter against the EHS JV and made up some of the difference.

Regardless of how the 2 previous meetings ended, I agree with your conclusion. This is March and both EHS and GHS have very good teams. I expect a very competitive game tonight. Go Lady Cyclones!

It doesn't matter what you done in the beginning of the season. What matters is what you do tonight.

Go South Greene! Go Greeneville! Get the job done tonight and you will meet again Wednesday with Substate games in your pocket.

Does anyone think that there can ever be a more exciting game th is season than Greeneville vs. South Greene contest last week? I think that Greeneville will have their hands full with Betsy tonight. Should be great games again!