EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES

BEAST27

I am an Ooltewah alumnus and fan. East Hamilton will be a powerhouse in two years.

I agree.... they had a hard 1st year, but played tough all year with a young inexperienced team. This year they will be a different team entirely. These kids are in the weight room working out and you can see the difference already. They have some sophmores and freshmen that have seen varsity playtime now that players at other schools wouldnt have seen till their junior years. Watch and see how this team and the players develop....they will be in playoffs soon. Gatewood is developing a powerhouse and gonna have a state title soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Beast. Sounds like you are a hurricane fan. What does it look like for the future of the new school. I understand they do not have a stadium at this time how is that coming. What about talent how does it look for the future.

[This year will be a lot better than last but I expect that it will really show in the 2011 season, after these boys get some experience under their belts. Hurricanes had a tough season this year, but you have to consider that they had no senior class, were playing in one of the toughest brackets 4AA and played some strong opposition with programs that have existed for a long time, had little or no time to practice, no field to practice on, no weight room, never played as a team before... a tough start.

EH had some good talent with sophmore Chris Moore @ quarterback and juniors Dylan Epperson, Brandon Parton & Cameron Knox and Freshmen Jacobey Caldwell and Logan Jackson in the backfield. They also had a strong set of recievers in juniors Brandon Williams and Andrew Leonard, sophmores Chansler Williamson and Michael Johnston and Freshman Logan Jackson. Most of these offensive guys play defense as well and help out linebackers, junior Brandon Parton, sophmore Mason Galanto and freshman Harrison Warren. And they had some standout linemen in Dakota Fearn, Stephen Jetton, Nathan Cagle, Ricky Caperton and Francisco Rodriquez.

Five freshmen started on both sides of the ball this year. Think of what it takes for freshmen to step up and play ball @ the varsity level against guys alot older and bigger. And in key positions like Jackson running back kickoffs, Jackson and Caldwell taking on tailback responsiblities,Cody Knox at wide reciever and corner, Warren playing strong linebacker and Rodriquez @ defensive end (he will end up being another Jaquez Smith). Also what a big step even for the sophmores, Moore @ QB and Williamson, Johnston and Galanto being serious key players as well.

The whole group did an outstanding job for a first year program and you will see many of these kids turn out to be well known respected ball players in the upcoming years with several moving on to play college ball. EH had over 1200 yds rushing this year and although they didnt win every game, they got experience for younger players that other programs couldnt offer, like the sophmores and juniors that stayed @ OHS with promises, but no play time under the lights. This next year will see EH lose some players to injury and such but they will gain some additional players @ EH who didnt get a chance to play this past year, because of TSSAA rules on their move from private schools and such, like Scott Paone who looks promising at the QB position as well as some other new talent. And they finally have a weight room and Coach Henderson is working them out like crazy and guys have been putting on pounds and muscles....it'll make a big difference. His testing has shown huge gains....its gonna show in August.

The coaching staff @ EH is the best and will make sure these boys present a different showing next year. Good things are gonna happen with this program, a new stadium coming soon, money has been raised and construction on the new stadium will start in a few weeks. The Hurricanes will play on their own home field come August 2010. There is lots of support for this team and once construction starts the community will step up and make it one of the top programs in the state. I see a state title in just a few years. /color]

• 5 weeks later...
WOW Brad are you throwing a challenge. That came out of no where. I would say they would not mind going up there. But I am sure they have some scrimmages.

maybe if east hamilton is going to be that good , polk co would love to be tested

...Check out the thread on the Tyner "Rams"...we scrimmaged Polk Co. on yesterday (Friday)...brad1st, let me know if that was a good test or not :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Its almost Football time again and I hear that the Hurricanes are looking good ...they say they dont look like the same team that played last year. Coach Hendersons workouts has put 20-30 lbs on some and leaned some up that needed to shed some weight. All of them are stronger and faster. Apparently there were a few that decided not to play this year, but there is some new talent out there that I hear is impressive. During 7 on 7 drills last week against LFO and Lookout Valley...Canes looked good. Camp starts this week with pads and the hitting starts. We will see then who steps up and wants to play. I also hear that sod goes down on the new football field this week and the Canes should be playing on their own field come the end of August. Good Luck Hurricanes.

Edited by BEAST27