EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES

BEAST27

I'm positive they run more than 4 plays but if you want to get technical, Red Bank only runs 3 (Option, Sprint Out, Power) Red Bank has better athletes. That's what it came down to. I bet you weren't feeling like it was the same EH team when the score was 7-7 and Red Bank had fumbled twice... How many penalties did Red Bank have? EH didn't play well by any means but neither did Red Bank. Good luck in the playoffs :thumb: and next year when you lose those 20 seniors!

If you are wishing Red Bank luck in the play offs, thanks because the way we are playing right now we definitely need it. We are not playing our best football by any means!! If you look at any film at all from the game, some of those penalties were questionable. How do you call a holding penalty on the running back when he is running the ball? As far as us losing 20 seniors....we lost 26 last year. I believe if you check our roster of the 20 seniors we have there are several who do not play at all! Most of our guys who get the playing time are sophmores and juniors! There are at least 8 sophmores who get a ton of playing time and 4 of those are starters. It will definitely hurt losing some of those seniors but we have lots of young guys coming back with losts of experience. We definitely need to step it up and play better because friday night was not one of our better games even though we got a "W".

I'm positive they run more than 4 plays but if you want to get technical, Red Bank only runs 3 (Option, Sprint Out, Power) Red Bank has better athletes. That's what it came down to. I bet you weren't feeling like it was the same EH team when the score was 7-7 and Red Bank had fumbled twice... How many penalties did Red Bank have? EH didn't play well by any means but neither did Red Bank. Good luck in the playoffs :thumb: and next year when you lose those 20 seniors!

I was commenting on the play calling and mistakes the canes made.{special teams,and game plan

}.Canes starting tailbacks and ,corner,two starting linebackers were out. Starting Quarterback /safety went down in the game.I take nothing from Red Bank ,but they should have won the game. However they were not the team they have been in the past.

Canes had been improving each week and passing more and more.I hope that trend continues.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yes, East Hamilton will Get better. But Red Bank losing 20 seniors? if there is 20 out of them all maybe 2 are a huge loss. There underclass is extremely talented and strong. all starters on both sides are dominated by younger guys. I have a feeling Red Bank will be good for years to come, FrOm what i've heard the 8th grade class coming up is huge and talented. but on the other hand, red bank loses kelvin clay, an he is there only difference maker. But who knows what the future holds? i dont see the canes beating them for a long time tho lol

Haha yes, East Hamilton will Get better. But Red Bank losing 20 seniors? if there is 20 out of them all maybe 2 are a huge loss. There underclass is extremely talented and strong. all starters on both sides are dominated by younger guys. I have a feeling Red Bank will be good for years to come, FrOm what i've heard the 8th grade class coming up is huge and talented. but on the other hand, red bank loses kelvin clay, an he is there only difference maker. But who knows what the future holds? i dont see the canes beating them for a long time tho lol

Only 2?

Kelvin Clay, Delvantez Slay - Starting recievers

Hunter Holmes, Devonte Colvin, Alex Young, Garrett Vineyard- Starting O-linemen

Donovan Hargis, Izaiah Rutledge, Danzal Owens - Start on defense

And I'm sure you are losing more starters as well. RB is losing a lot more than people are letting on and they weren't spectacular this year. East Hamilton surprised a lot of people this year and gained a lot of respect around the city. They even had a chance going into the last few weeks of the season to make the playoffs. EH's 9th grade team went undefeated and beat good teams like Ringgold, Soddy, Rhea County, Ridgeland and Walker Valley. Be careful what you wish for. I see the Canes being more than just competitive in the years to come. :popcorneater: Can't wait for next season.

What kind of enrollment are you looking at over the next couple of years. This year's is 1052 according to the Hamilton County Dept of Education, despite what are probably smaller classes in the junior and senior grades than what will be entering the next two seasons. Regardless it looks as if EH will be allowed to play in Class AA the next two years.

Edited by Indian

Red bank game made the lions look like the Tennessee Titans. Canes looked like last years team and the play calling was no better.Canes are going to run the same four plays all game .Defensive backs look lost and could not cover anyone. I do think they will get better next year,but only if the staff get their thinking out of the 1980's.

Hey Tom sounds like you know alot about what the canes are doing and know the history of football to determine what decade plays come from. Maybe the coaches will get their play calling out of the 80's if you get rid of your hair style from the 80's.

What kind of enrollment are you looking at over the next couple of years. This year's is 1052 according to the Hamilton County Dept of Education, despite what are probably smaller classes in the junior and senior grades than what will be entering the next two seasons. Regardless it looks as if EH will be allowed to play in Class AA the next two years.

To be honest I have no alegience to a school in the Chattanooga, but frequent games all over the area. The way it sounds the new school is going to increase it's enrolment therfore they may move up which would be good for them, not sure if they will be ready to play the bigger schools at that time though. They may benefit from playing two more years in the class they are in. What do they look like for next year?

My problem with this-the way Chattanooga allows some of its schools to become tremendously overcrowded, and the way the school is growing (770 first year to 1030 second year, probably few seniors yet), you could see East Hamilton with 1400-1500 students and still playing Class AA sports. Two year classification periods would help prevent such situations.

My problem with this-the way Chattanooga allows some of its schools to become tremendously overcrowded, and the way the school is growing (770 first year to 1030 second year, probably few seniors yet), you could see East Hamilton with 1400-1500 students and still playing Class AA sports. Two year classification periods would help prevent such situations.

I'm pretty sure the numbers were right under the cut off for AA (4A). I believe within the next 2 years East Hamilton will be in 5A. I think they do have reclassifications every 2 years actually. But I do agree with you about the overcrowding. The School Board and the people in charge of building the school should have known that they would have a lot of kids coming in. The East Brainerd area doesn't really have a public high school(sans Tyner and Ooltewah). East Hamilton will only continue to grow. This will be a good thing for athletics in the future. The middle school has A TON of kids already. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all goes the next couple years.

They have four-year classifications but teams can be moved up after two years, provided they've grown 20 percent plus pass the cutoff. This looks like what will happen to Signal Mountain. EH at 1030 just misses the AA to AAA jump it seems and will stay AA for all sports. For the next two seasons, if the enrollment rises to 1400-1500 they'll be in a basketball region with a couple of schools nearly 1/3 their size. The TSSAA ought to go by EH's ninth graders, multiply that by four and set their enrollment from there since the older grades probably don't have nearly as many students.

They have four-year classifications but teams can be moved up after two years, provided they've grown 20 percent plus pass the cutoff. This looks like what will happen to Signal Mountain. EH at 1030 just misses the AA to AAA jump it seems and will stay AA for all sports. For the next two seasons, if the enrollment rises to 1400-1500 they'll be in a basketball region with a couple of schools nearly 1/3 their size. The TSSAA ought to go by EH's ninth graders, multiply that by four and set their enrollment from there since the older grades probably don't have nearly as many students.

The bad part of this whole thing is that there are to many schools in Hamilton County and the talent pool is diluted. There is getting ready to be an influx of people moving in with industry and it will be interesting to see what happens then. Bigger schools are the norm everywhere else. On another note: What is the status of the football stadium at EH where are they and will they play at home next year.

• 1 month later...

The bad part of this whole thing is that there are to many schools in Hamilton County and the talent pool is diluted. There is getting ready to be an influx of people moving in with industry and it will be interesting to see what happens then. Bigger schools are the norm everywhere else. On another note: What is the status of the football stadium at EH where are they and will they play at home next year.

The field and track are ready. They have a fence, goal posts and a score board. Not sure about the lights. But, they are supposed to be in place well before the 2011 football season. I'm glad. I'm REALLY looking forward to having true home games!