Creek Wood vs Marshall County

MC1992

One thing I forgot to say in my earlier post that I should have said was that I am very proud of these boys for the season that they had this year.I think this is a great group of boys and a very good basketball club who just simply did not play up to their potential this game. I think that is what makes this hard is that these boys have worked so hard for a couple of years and are a great ballteam and I just wanted them to close with a great game. So each of you guys need to hold your heads up and be proud to have such a good team and better yet and good group of guys. God Bless each and everyone of you!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that Creek Wood lost this game. I think that Marshall Co. won this game. It was a close game going into the last three minutes, and Marshall Co. made the plays to win, not Creek Wood. As for a career night for Johnson, that wasn't even his season high, much less career high. He put up 38 on Lewis Co. earlier this year, and he scored 40 including the game winner against Spring Hill last year. He did take this game over tonight, and Creek Wood had no answer. I also disagree with the notion that Creek Wood would win most every game of a series with Marshall Co. Maybe Creek Wood wasn't tense and played an awful game, maybe Marshall Co. was just the better team tonight and forced Creek Wood into playing poorly.

Now to Thursday night, round four. Should be an exciting and close game.

Wbladyvol & clownshoes are such sore losers. CW lost to a good Marshall team & all I hear is how CW was off their game. Well sometimes your off because the other team is playing defense. I guess all the games CW won, the other teams were off their game? My hat goes off to all the CW players for being a class act. I was thinking that going into the game that CW would be like clownshoes(cocky & over confident). If Marshall had lost to CW, I wouldn't have made any excuses because CW has a good team. Great game & great job Marshall County, keep it up.

Ok lets be real here....Marshall did win the game and was the better team last night...but as stated earlier in a series CW is by far the better team..MC has one stud and one average player in perriman..CW played poorly last night and didn't rise to the occasion and situation they were in...Kedron is good don't get me wrong, but he is definitely no a big D1 prospect(Vandy, UT, UK etc.) the calls were leaning towards him bc of all the hype about how good he is..MC is dirty and doesn't play the game the way it should be played..outside of #22 they're all punks and have a lot to learn before they have success in the future..I'd bet my lifes earnings that if the two teams face off again CW would win by 15+..MC has no class and the last timeout by MC's coach was unnecessary..and the student section was real mature with their chants towards a specific CW player....Congrats to CW on a record breaking season and congrats to MC on a great season..best of luck in the future!

Kobedoinwork, I'm so tired of coming on here trying to defend Marshall County. Why does everybody keep talking about how CW would win a series against Marshall. You need to talk to the TSSAA about changing their playoff format. This is high school, not the NBA. Teams could cry about that every year. How can you say that CW is better, when most of the year in the AP poll Marshall was ranked higher. As for Kedren not being a D1 prospect, I think thats something for Bruce Pearl, Kevin Stallings, Rick Pitino,etc. to decide and not a biased fan. Besides that Kobe, how many times have you saw Kedren or Marshall County play? Exactly! You're talking about average players, CW had just that or below average players. Since your in the recruiting business, how many players from CW would you send D1? My hats go off to all the CW players, just tired of all the negativity towards MC. This is really enough about CW & MC, any other comments need to be toward Spring Hill vs Marshall County Round 4. Go Tigers!!! :?

Now that was a simple-minded post kobedoinwork! How in the world do you come up with "dirty" play by Marshall County? Give specifics! That was not even close to a physical game last night. You claim MC doesn't play the game the way it's supposed to be played! What game did you watch last night? I didn't realize that there are different rules depending on which district you are in. Calls favoring one team??? Geez, you have to play defense in order to draw the charge. An earlier poster was trying to degrade K. Johnson for getting through the CW zone unimpeded, but, that person was absolutely correct. CW didn't appear to even try to fill the lanes when Kedron or Jamie came through to the basket. Maybe that is what you are talking about in not playing real basketball, CW didn't play defense. They are obviously a much better team when not playing at that level. Your post players gave us all we could handle, that's for sure. You don't know the young men on the MC team well enough to use any type of derogatory language towards them, so keep those bigoted comments to yourself. I moved to MC from west TN and I've found the fans here much more cordial than any in west TN, and the players to be class acts. Now, as for Kedron...I am soooo very happy that you are such a scout for D1 schools, I'll be sure to tell each of these major school coaches that they wasted their time seeing him play. You are right about the maturity level of a student section singling out a particular player, oh yeah, the Bobo the clown on the CW section didn't do that did he? I don't know of any student cheering section that doesn't do that. I don't like it either, but as you say, that does show the maturity level of 15 to 18 yo's. Finally I want to wrap this up to all the haters that continually claim the MC plays in weakest district. If that is so true, why is it that 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in the region all came from this district? Guess it was just dumb luck. Most MC fans won't post on here what they really feel, but since I'm a west TN transplant I can get away with it. Creekwood has an outstanding team, one to be proud of, don't put them down by saying they beat themselves.

Congrats to Coach Tigert and The Marshall Co. basketball TEAM! If all the CW fans know so much about their team then they also know that Marshall and Creekwood have scrimmaged the last 2 years before the season started with Marshall Co. winning both of those games, both @ Creekwood. So last nights game shouldnt have been any suprise. I believe both teams are well coached and had good seasons. Its a shame to see your team lose to end the season but thats just part of the game. We can get on here and make excuses but it is what it is, one loss and your done. Did Kedron guard all 5 players on the floor @ once last night? Of course not his teammates guarded the other 4. It takes a team to win the complete game on both sides of the floor. And the Marshall Co TEAM did just that. Who wouldnt want to have a play maker in Johnson? His teammates know that he is un-selfish but also understand there are times that he can score many times at will. He can knock down the outside shot with consistancy as he showed last night. Many nights there is no need for that when he can get the higher percentage shot by blowing by the opponent for the easy layup. My hats off the the CW players for a good season. Sorry that so many people make a fun game ugly with childish comments and being sore losers.

Good luck to the Marshall Co TEAM in the Championship game vs. a talented group in Spring Hill.

Kobedoinwork, I'm so tired of coming on here trying to defend Marshall County. Why does everybody keep talking about how CW would win a series against Marshall. You need to talk to the TSSAA about changing their playoff format. This is high school, not the NBA. Teams could cry about that every year. How can you say that CW is better, when most of the year in the AP poll Marshall was ranked higher. As for Kedren not being a D1 prospect, I think thats something for Bruce Pearl, Kevin Stallings, Rick Pitino,etc. to decide and not a biased fan. Besides that Kobe, how many times have you saw Kedren or Marshall County play? Exactly! You're talking about average players, CW had just that or below average players. Since your in the recruiting business, how many players from CW would you send D1? My hats go off to all the CW players, just tired of all the negativity towards MC. This is really enough about CW & MC, any other comments need to be toward Spring Hill vs Marshall County Round 4. Go Tigers!!! :D

exactly! I'm a SH fan and I am getting sick of hearing people bash MC. Two good teams in CW and MC squared off and the better team won the game. Johnson is definetley a D1 prospect. It was a blessing to witness Pitino come to the hill and get his autograph. I'm sure Pitino drove right by creekwood on his way down to SH to watch Kedren, but you CW fans are right, Pitino must not be able to recognize talent even though he has won a national title before. Maybe he should hire some of these amatuer CW fans to recruit, or maybe he should forget about recruiting and just sign all of the CW players, then L'ville would be good right? :? why would a D1 coach drive 4 hours to watch a junior play ball? This kid is a Junior!! Give him props! Give the MC TEAM credit, they all need each other to play as well as they do! They are good and CW was good too. Good luck to all of the CW players and to all the CW seniors. This is not a bash to all the CW fans, just the ones that keep bashing MC. CW had an awesome fan base at the game and both teams student sections were very entertaining.

Creek Wood went 3 months without losing a game and with 3 minutes left it was a 1 posession game and Creek Wood had the ball. We really believed that we would advance. Bottom line Marshall County made the plays down the stretch and Creek Wood did not. My personal take on Kedron is that he is the real deal. Especially when you consider he is a Junior. Creek Wood has class fans, players and coaches. I just believe it is hard when you get beat and the season is over. Good luck to MC.

Creek Wood went 3 months without losing a game and with 3 minutes left it was a 1 posession game and Creek Wood had the ball. We really believed that we would advance. Bottom line Marshall County made the plays down the stretch and Creek Wood did not. My personal take on Kedron is that he is the real deal. Especially when you consider he is a Junior. Creek Wood has class fans, players and coaches. I just believe it is hard when you get beat and the season is over. Good luck to MC.

Now that is how all fans SHOULD be! The turnover when the game was 43-41 MC was the turning point for CW because that made it 45-41 when CW did have the ball with plenty of time.

Congrats to Coach Tigert and The Marshall Co. basketball TEAM! If all the CW fans know so much about their team then they also know that Marshall and Creekwood have scrimmaged the last 2 years before the season started with Marshall Co. winning both of those games, both @ Creekwood. So last nights game shouldnt have been any suprise. I believe both teams are well coached and had good seasons. Its a shame to see your team lose to end the season but thats just part of the game. We can get on here and make excuses but it is what it is, one loss and your done. Did Kedron guard all 5 players on the floor @ once last night? Of course not his teammates guarded the other 4. It takes a team to win the complete game on both sides of the floor. And the Marshall Co TEAM did just that. Who wouldnt want to have a play maker in Johnson? His teammates know that he is un-selfish but also understand there are times that he can score many times at will. He can knock down the outside shot with consistancy as he showed last night. Many nights there is no need for that when he can get the higher percentage shot by blowing by the opponent for the easy layup. My hats off the the CW players for a good season. Sorry that so many people make a fun game ugly with childish comments and being sore losers.

Good luck to the Marshall Co TEAM in the Championship game vs. a talented group in Spring Hill.

BigA-Don't think last nights game has anything to do with preseason scrimmages. I know for a fact this year that both teams were without key players in the scrimmage and kept things very basic. Last night has to do with the fact that MC outplayed us.