Region 8AAA at Central

knoxbball

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, way to go Spartans, and congrats to Melrose. Its a shame only one team can go to the state from here.

Nal stuman89 they both will move on to the Sub-state where they both can win and go to the state

thx terop, guess I was not thinking about this correctly. So even the loser of this Thursdays game moves on ?

Great Job White Station. Joe Did what he does. He was is deff in a Zone. He even embarrassed Black on a fast break,. I have no clue why Black jumped. U just knew at the end Joe was going to win it. But I give the game ball to Nino. He out Played Black. When black got the ball in the post he looked lost going up against the taller player. Nino scored and rebounded. In game 2. Southwind came out on fire. Every player that took a 3 hit it. Melrose is battle tested now so they did not fold. Eventually Southwind's shots started falling short and Melrose started converting. Melrose ran off to a 20 point lead but southwind went on a run late in the 3rd. 4th Melrose was just too much Chris Jones. Jones was unstoppable. Scored at will. Southwind is a great shooting team but for crying out loud U got to post that big kid sometime. They did not play outside in they played outside outside then outside. Game Ball chris Jones he was on another level.

Wow, way to go Spartans, and congrats to Melrose. Its a shame only one team can go to the state from here.

Nal stuman89 they both will move on to the Sub-state where they both can win and go to the state

thx terop, guess I was not thinking about this correctly. So even the loser of this Thursdays game moves on ?

Yea Stunman, depending on who wins Thursday just determines if they get the sub state game at home or have to travel to Dyer or Jackson

I think they both will move on i cant see either losing to Dyer County or Jackson North Side

You are right, I was just focusing on this weeks bracket and not thinking about getting out of the Region. Man, what a great year this has been for Memphis bball. Not sure when there has been this much talent spread around so many schools.

Melrose is the most talented team in the state. They are just now putting everything together though which is VERY bad for any team. They have size, and height and are a tough team. Adonis Thomas is their best player, but Nate Rucker is the most important and Chris Jones may be their most influetiantal. If all three of these guys are in sync then Melrose won't lose. They also play sound defense and have shooters on the court and off the bench. They are the most physically intimidating team Dyer County might see.

White Station is led by Joe Jackson and Andre Hollins. When their other key supporters provide a spark off the bench then they are a very good team as well. Finding a way to stop Joe Jackson will be hard especially in Memphis where its not easy to get physical with him. Nino and Julian Burton are the guys the Spartans depend on to give them a spark.

i know melrose and white station are good. and it should be a great one thursday night at central. but can someone give me an accurate description of both teams so i know just exactly what were up against on monday? main names i hear are rucker & jackson.

Congrats Brutal on that win...Great game and great fans. I talked to a few in the hallway. Brutal Melrose have about 5 D-1 caliber players....Chris Jones has signed with UT, Rucker has signed with Northern ILL and tries to dunk everything. Adonis Thomas is the highest rated(Rivals top 15) and plays sf. They have a dead eye shooter in Hollimon(6'5) a former Mr. Basketball in Ray Parks, and another top 60 national player off the bench in Ced McAfee(transfered at the break form Craigmont...

i know melrose and white station are good. and it should be a great one thursday night at central. but can someone give me an accurate description of both teams so i know just exactly what were up against on monday? main names i hear are rucker & jackson.

White Station = Joe Jackson. Really dont have to say more. They have a 1 - 2 record against Melrose this year. Melrose has won the last 2. White Station has two big post in Marvin Williams and Nino Johnson. Everything with go thru Jackson. They will Play man to man and some Zone. White Station's Andre Hollins is a streaky shooter but when he is one White Station is tough. If he is not It will be hard for them to beat Melrose.

Melrose Is loaded. At least 7 D1 players on the roster and could be more. PG Chris Jones is a Scorer, Adonis Thomas great wing hard to defend. Nate Rucker dominate post player that will bang and dunk on you just ask Nino. Jermaine Hollimon 3 point Threat. Bobby Parks jr Slasher. Telvin Wilkerson hustler. Devonte Hampton grew up a lot tonight so there u have it.