White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

If I get there around 5 to 5:15 do yall think it will be sold out. I would hate to drive that far and get turned away.

School will not open doors till 5:00pm. Trust me the die hards will be lining up @ 4:30 to get in the door with ticket in hand. Gym will not open till 5:30pm, TSSAA rules stipulate. So there will be lines @ the gym doors to get in at 5:30pm.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Station has more than Joe Jackson but he clearly is the best player for White Station. Jackson will probably drop 40 or more against DC and the full court pressure will not be an issue for Jackson. For the people that haven't seen him....you will walk away stunned at how good this kid is.....he will remind you of John Wall without the size...he is that good. One of the big keys for this game in my mind will be what kind of defensive adjustments will DC make once Jackson shows that he can easily handle and beat the full court pressure. Will DC back off? DC has a shot but it will be very very tough to pull this one out....I said on another thread a couple of days ago that if DC or Jackson North Side could either get WS at home there chances would be much better than having to play Melrose. Don't put any stock in the fact that Jackson only scored 12 points tonight against Melrose. Melrose has enough high major big time athletes across the board that they can do things other teams can't do on defense against a player of Jackson's caliber. Melrose simply overwhelms other teams with it's size and talent.....even teams from Memphis every now and then....Melrose is that good. I will be pulling for DC but it's going to be tough. One thing I do like is the DC coach and I think they will have the advantage there. I don't think the hostile environment will effect WS because they have seen that many times in Memphis. DC has some very good players and are very talented with what I believe to be at least 4 D1 talents in Janes, Yarbrough, Hudson, and Hubbs. The deal is Yarbrough and Hudson are sophs and Hubbs is a freshman...that may be the difference right there....simply not enough upper classman to lead them against a team like White Station. I will say this....if DC does in fact beat WS I would not be shocked at all if they cracked the top 100 rankings heading into the state tournament.

Fore those that don't know about White Station

Joe Jackson 5'11 Sr consensus top 15 player in the country signed with Memphis

Andre Hollins 6'2 Jr consensus top 100 player in the country

Nino Johnson 6'6 Jr D1 High Major

Marvin Williams 6'6 D1 low major

Good post yankee i to would like DC to win but alot of posters think that WS has only a one man show! You are very intelligent when it comes to this game and i always respect your opinion! Most of your AAA schools out of Memphis are always loaded! I hope that DC can just kept it close. Good luck in Substate action! :thumb:

Thanks much appreciated. :thumb:

The highlight video is great and I hope he does another one. Bu it's kind crazy to ask people if a 13 minute video is a fair representation of a teams strengths and weaknesses. The video was posted as a treat for the fans. All this stuff about strengths and strategy will be worked out by the respective coaching staffs because they know there teams more than anybody and they know the personalities of these kids and what makes them tick and what doesn't....not us unless we are as close to the situation as the coaches.

I'm going to try and keep it simple without mentioning any players.

for this game

White Station 25 and 8

big time winning program

good road team

good coach but not great

sometimes team is uninvolved and watches star player put on a show

sometimes team is not prepared like it should be

margin for error is much greater

Brutal schedule in and out of Memphis

Consistently ranked anywhere from 15 to 50 all season

Signature wins against all these wins and losses were against teams that were or are ranked

Signature wins

Southwind

Sagemont FL

Milton GA

Central X2

Melrose

Ridgeway X2

losses

Ridgeway X2 (these were woodshed losses)

Bellaire TX (by 4)

St. Patrick, NJ (by 2)

Melrose X3 (by an average of right at 15)

Dyer County 27 and 3

hoping for a 4th straight 30+ win season

great coach

rarely loose at home

very young team but also very good

margin for error is slim

soft schedule for AAA

signature wins

Fayette Ware

Livingston Academy

Jackson North Side X3

Humboldt

Bolton

Cordova

Losses

Bolivar

Jackson North Side

Lausanne (bad loss)

The margin for error is much much smaller for DC.

White Station could win by as few as 8 to 10 or or by as much as 20 plus.

DC could win by as much as 1 to 4 but no more than that.

I know that sounds like playing it both ways but it's just my opinion. I leave myself enough wiggle room I can't be wrong either way....LOL but in all honesty I think White Station wins this one. If it goes to the wire DC will pull it out at home....I just don't think it will go to the wire. White Station does have some pitfalls but the margin for error is so MUCH greater for them..they don't have to play a flawless game but DC would almost have to to win. That is my unbiased opinion.

The highlight video is great and I hope he does another one. Bu it's kind crazy to ask people if a 13 minute video is a fair representation of a teams strengths and weaknesses. The video was posted as a treat for the fans. All this stuff about strengths and strategy will be worked out by the respective coaching staffs because they know there teams more than anybody and they know the personalities of these kids and what makes them tick and what doesn't....not us unless we are as close to the situation as the coaches.

I'm going to try and keep it simple without mentioning any players.

for this game

White Station 25 and 8

big time winning program

good road team

good coach but not great

sometimes team is uninvolved and watches star player put on a show

sometimes team is not prepared like it should be

margin for error is much greater

Brutal schedule in and out of Memphis

Consistently ranked anywhere from 15 to 50 all season

Signature wins against all these wins and losses were against teams that were or are ranked

Signature wins

Southwind

Sagemont FL

Milton GA

Central X2

Melrose

Ridgeway X2

losses

Ridgeway X2 (these were woodshed losses)

Bellaire TX (by 4)

St. Patrick, NJ (by 2)

Melrose X3 (by an average of right at 15)

Dyer County 27 and 3

hoping for a 4th straight 30+ win season

great coach

rarely loose at home

very young team but also very good

margin for error is slim

soft schedule for AAA

signature wins

Fayette Ware

Livingston Academy

Jackson North Side X3

Humboldt

Bolton

Cordova

Losses

Bolivar

Jackson North Side

Lausanne (bad loss)

The margin for error is much much smaller for DC.

White Station could win by as few as 8 to 10 or or by as much as 20 plus.

DC could win by as much as 1 to 4 but no more than that.

I know that sounds like playing it both ways but it's just my opinion. I leave myself enough wiggle room I can't be wrong either way....LOL but in all honesty I think White Station wins this one. If it goes to the wire DC will pull it out at home....I just don't think it will go to the wire. White Station does have some pitfalls but the margin for error is so MUCH greater for them..they don't have to play a flawless game but DC would almost have to to win. That is my unbiased opinion.

This good post my friend.....you have another pm....you know I talk mostly detail in them instead of here a lot....for more than one reason :thumb:

Terop,

I would go to the BTW Liberty game at least you would know you would get a seat. I have a feeling the DC game will be like the one dude said.....people lining up for tickets as 4:30 or 5:00. I will either stay home and follow this board or go to Bolivar.

Haha yea I was thinking about that. That BTW/Liberty should be a competitive game too. My dad is heading to Bolivar so at least I can get the updates...I'm thinking DC/WS may be the best game to attend tomorrow though...

Dyer Co. has more balance than any team I've seen this year. They have the big man in the post, and 4 other starters who score in double figures just about every game. If one is not hot they switch to who ever is hot. They also have a bench that can play. When they come in there is not much, if any fall off. They play young at times , make some dumb passes, but they seem to off set that with raw talent. Hubs, the freshmen is the best freshmen I've seen this year , bar none. We are young with three sophomores and a junior, but we don't play young. These guys can really play, and play as a team, I had rather have that than have one player doing , and everyone else watching. I don't believe Joe Jackson will get 40 on us tonite, no one has all year. Will have to see that one to believe it. Should be a great game, with a fantastic atmosphere. DC fans will be BIG, LOUD & PROUD come Monday night. "GO BIG ORANGE"

Dyer Co. has more balance than any team I've seen this year. They have the big man in the post, and 4 other starters who score in double figures just about every game. If one is not hot they switch to who ever is hot. They also have a bench that can play. When they come in there is not much, if any fall off. They play young at times , make some dumb passes, but they seem to off set that with raw talent. Hubs, the freshmen is the best freshmen I've seen this year , bar none. We are young with three sophomores and a junior, but we don't play young. These guys can really play, and play as a team, I had rather have that than have one player doing , and everyone else watching. I don't believe Joe Jackson will get 40 on us tonite, no one has all year. Will have to see that one to believe it. Should be a great game, with a fantastic atmosphere. DC fans will be BIG, LOUD & PROUD come Monday night. "GO BIG ORANGE"

I give DC chance in this but they DO play young at times....junk shots, not knowing when to slow it down....etc. What DC has is very good coaching staff.....I have no idea what will happen tonight and I never make predictions. One thing is for sure DC will have great atmosphere as you said.....always do :thumb:

No one has scored 40 on us all year TRUE, but we haven't played a JOE JACKSON type player TRUST ME. I'm not saying he'll score 40 on us, but I am saying he is the best player in the state! When I watched him play, I was in amazement and I forgot who Casey Prather was... He made me say Casey WHO?? Joe is that good!

FYI, White Station isn't a 1 man show!