White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

Just a few points I took away from the game tonight: Sad the refs blew such a major game changing call (for the 2nd year in a row). DC has incredible heart, passionate fans, and a top notch high school head coach. Jackson seemed a little overrated. #20 seemed far better to me personally. WS has amazing talent with no coach. The youth of DC showed tonight, but they also excelled. DC will be in contention for a few years to come. Congrats to both teams on a well played, hard fought game.

Wow I knew it would be coming out soon. Didn't some of you say the same overrated crap about Casey Prather last year...Jackson may not have scored 40 in this game but he my friend is far from being overrated..Hollins had a great first half but he is nowhere close to Joe...Congrats both teams

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few points I took away from the game tonight: Sad the refs blew such a major game changing call (for the 2nd year in a row). DC has incredible heart, passionate fans, and a top notch high school head coach. Jackson seemed a little overrated. #20 seemed far better to me personally. WS has amazing talent with no coach. The youth of DC showed tonight, but they also excelled. DC will be in contention for a few years to come. Congrats to both teams on a well played, hard fought game.

Wow I knew it would be coming out soon. Didn't some of you say the same overrated crap about Casey Prather last year...Jackson may not have scored 40 in this game but he my friend is far from being overrated..Hollins had a great first half but he is nowhere close to Joe...Congrats both teams

We altered Jackson's game but he was team player for his team...instead of trying to be a superstar he played team ball and I have nothing but praises for that...he knew he was covered and gave ball up..THAT is a great player in my book....sure he missed some shots but I KNOW the kid can ball like mad!!! :D Terop been saying since last year need to watch Hubbs for DC......he will be special..:lol:

great game. its a shame we had to lose, but thats how it goes sometimes. depth & experience paid off for ws. jackson is on a whole nother level than most, he should do great at memphis. idk exactly what happened with the foul situation, as the crowd made themselves known during

that incident. with the experience gained this season, our guys should come back strong as the bar is raised. good luck to ws at state!

I would not say overrated. I just think DC thought thye had to contain him and threw everything they had at him. You could definitely tell he was the key to there team. I did enjoy when Robert Hubbs went 1 on 1 with Joe at the end and gave DC there only lead by 1. He has no fear and I believe he will be a star. :lol:

Jackson is the real deal. Don't let this game be the only thing you judge Jackson on. He has a track record a mile long with big game big time performances. I told somebody in an IM what I thought might be going on with Jackson of late but not going to post it here.....It's nothing bad. Maybe I will tomorrow I'm not sure...it's nothing earth shattering or anything but it's something that happens to alot of recruits like Jackson......Brandon Knight just lost late last week and only scored 18 points in the loss. Knight is the number 1 recruit in the country. Both are going to be studs in college. Joe Jackson is a poor mans John Wall...people may or may not have seen what I'm talking about tonight...I don't know I wasn't there. Joe Jackson ain't no joke...and neither is Andre Hollins....but Hollins isn't as good as Jackson. But he very well could have been tonight...which is one game.

Wow What a game! Best $7.00 I ever spent. Big Ced had a double double again finished with 21 or 23 points. I lost count and he had at least 12 rebounds. Tonight was one of the best games I've seen him play a great young man and if someone gets him into a college program they definitely will have a diamond he was just a beast, can't say enough. Hubbs was great, The whole team played it all out there tonight and so did White station.

DC you made all of us proud and can't wait for next year :lol:

Great game White Station good luck at the Boro :D

No one said anything about this "crap" you speak of. Never did I say the kid did not have talent, because he does. He may excel at the next level and I hope he does, but for the hype he generates I just did not see the follow through. I'm sure his focus is also not completely on the WS season and on bigger and better things as well. It seemed the entire WS squad had a good first half too. I'm not trying to argue with you because I really don't care that much about it honestly. I was just saying what I took away from the game as well as you so I will leave it at that.

Everyone has their opinion, but Joe Jackson is definately NOT overrated! He can flat out play ball. But then....several WS players seemed to have some "mad skills" as did Dyer County! LOL (loved that saying ever since I heard it) Anywho...you can't take a single thing away from Jackson. He was contained by DC; however, still an awesome athelete. Casey Prather is also another fantastic athelete. Seemed like ANYTHING these two boys tossed up WENT IN, which was quite amazing to me! I really thought the Choctaws were totally out of their league during the first half and thought it was going to be a LONG game, but they showed me in the second half they were right in there. I do think having Jackson on the bench some during the 2nd half helped the Choctaws. I didn't think DC played their best tonight either. But then again....I'm not up on a lot of basketball....baseball is MY sport. :lol: Very proud of you Choctaw boys!!!! Best of luck to White Station at the Boro!!!

No one said anything about this "crap" you speak of. Never did I say the kid did not have talent, because he does. He may excel at the next level and I hope he does, but for the hype he generates I just did not see the follow through. I'm sure his focus is also not completely on the WS season and on bigger and better things as well. It seemed the entire WS squad had a good first half too. I'm not trying to argue with you because I really don't care that much about it honestly. I was just saying what I took away from the game as well as you so I will leave it at that.

Notice I said last year...It looks like from your post that you just joined today so you would have missed the statement about Prather...Congrats DC on a great season

INCREDIBLE GAME!!!!!! The whole foul thing I saw it and Joe ("Sloppy Joe" as the sign said) was playing with 5 fouls, but I said earlier in the week that if it came down the stretch White Station was a better free-throw shooting team and they proved that. I've been singing praises on Hubbs and this kid came out fearless and hit 2 clutch shots as a freshman over the best player in the state, Joe "The Show" Jackson. The change up at half-time should have been made a little earlier. I can understand why he didn't make that move White Station has ALOT of speed, but when Dyer County played defense the Dyer County way.. DC got right back in the game. My hat goes off to White Station HECK OF A GAME! It was better than most expected including myself. I hate that we lost, but just remember 1 thing WE ARE YOUNG!!!!

Melrose WATCH OUT we coming for you next year!!!!! :lol: