Gibson Co. v. CPA, quarterfinals

GCPioneer

Gibson Co. is coming into the state tournaments riding a 32-1 record and coming off of a 98-44 win over Manassas in sub-state. The state tournaments are nothing new for this group of Seniors. This is their third straight year being at the state tournaments. They have their eyes set on nothing except back to back gold balls. They seem to have picked up the pace over these last 5 games or so and are dominating opponents.

CPA is coming into the game with a record of 32-4 coming off of a big win over Camden in sub-state by the score of 63-36. CPA seems to be no slouch and they haven't played a weak of a schedule. CPA will be somewhat inexperienced in a game of this magnitude, but should still bring everything they have and more. I look for it to be an exciting game!

CPA is averaging 56 PPG while giving up an average of 41 PPG.

Gibson Co. is averaging 76 PPG while giving up an average of 43 PPG.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not of any consequence to Wednesday's game, but maybe of some interest. CPA girls have played in the state basketball tournament just once in the past decade (2005). The Lady Lions beat Westmoreland in the quarterfinals but lost to a Gibson Co. team - eventual state champion Peabody - in the Class A semifinals.

Pioneer,

Gibson Co. is a BEAST. I'll definitely be pulling for yall in AA.

Was your sub-state victory margin the largest in the whole state??

I imagine so. We pulled our subs about 1 minute into the fourth quarter and the subs played it out with a running clock. Manassas fouled our subs in the end to keep them from breaking 100. Believe it or not, Manassas was really a decent team, but it was all street ball. Also, that was the first time this year that a team constantly tried to run with us from start to finish. Ms. Basketball Finalist, Heather Butler, dropped in her career high of 39. Heather Griffin dropped in somewhere like 23 or 25 points and Sophomore Courtney Haynes had 15 all in the first half on 5 three pointers. These state tournaments will be interesting!!!!

so your not gonna say anything about your team because everybody thinks gc is the favorite to win. I mean they are something like 58-1 in the last 2 seasons and defending state champs so its not really going out on a limb saying they are the favorites. That being said, if a team makes it to the state tourneyt they are also a very good team and capable of beating anyone, gc is by no means unbeatable. :bored:

so your not gonna say anything about your team because everybody thinks gc is the favorite to win. I mean they are something like 58-1 in the last 2 seasons and defending state champs so its not really going out on a limb saying they are the favorites. That being said, if a team makes it to the state tourneyt they are also a very good team and capable of beating anyone, gc is by no means unbeatable. :bored:

We have a guard named Heather Butler, she likes to score. We have a guard name Courtney Haynes who likes to shoot 3's and doesn't like to miss too much. We have 2 post players name Aubrey Reedy and Heather Griffin that like to grab rebounds and score points in the post. We have another guard named Khadijah Alexander whose been stepping it up alot here lately. THERE ARE YOU HAPPY? It's common sense that every team up there is going to be good. We've been there before. I have not said one thing on here being cocky or arrogant. I know we can be beat as we have already this year. I just know very little about CPA except that they have some big post and some decent guards.

bump.....CPA people where ya at? What all do you guys bring to the table?

Not sure what to say. Everyone already has Gibson County etched on the trophy. :bored:

The only ones that are saying it are outsiders of Gibson Co. In no way do we think we're going to come to the tournaments and win each game with ease. We expect a battle and a good game.

bump.....CPA people where ya at? What all do you guys bring to the table?

Not sure what to say. Everyone already has Gibson County etched on the trophy. :bored:

GC fans aren't the ones etching names on the trophy - they don't know anything about CPA & are just asking questions. Outsiders are making their picks, but as stated on another thread, GC knows how it feels to come up to the 'boro with a great record and get beat in the first round. They are pretty darn good, but ask any of the players & fans, and they are are also aware of the possibility of losing. You don't make it this far without being good & GC knows that. I think the only common opponent that GC & CPA have played is Ensworth &, for GC, that was a preseason game. You'll see that GC will come in with the utmost respect for CPA - they take nothing for granted especially at this level!

GC fans aren't the ones on here talking that smack!