volunteer high

easttnboy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure they(volunteer) already has someone on mind. It seems like if anything happens like this...someone is always in line to take over. Interesting.

By the way. I haven't heard many people from volunteer on here this season. Even in football. Is it because they are unhappy with the situations, or what? I also never hear from cherokee people.

I am sure they(volunteer) already has someone on mind. It seems like if anything happens like this...someone is always in line to take over. Interesting.

By the way. I haven't heard many people from volunteer on here this season. Even in football. Is it because they are unhappy with the situations, or what? I also never hear from cherokee people.

Rumors are Myers is going to step in and do to boys program what he has done for girls and Anderson is going to take girls over again.

What has he actually done(meyers)? Granted his talent has not been the greatest, and I DO think he is good coach, but Vol. SHOULD win of the few games here and there. You can't tell me that a program is turned around when you win 8-10 ballgames in a couple of years! It all starts in the feeder programs!!!!!!! They have not made it to the regionals at all. If this is the truth...then they are crazier than I ever have thought. Seriously. When are they(VOLUNTEER) going to realize it is NOT a football school! Give me a break.

Ok, I want to be clear that I am not advocating this, because I think a lot of schools make this mistake and overlook their present assistant staff when a situation similar to what we have dreamed up comes about. That being said though, do you not think Volunteer would go after a "name" coach from outside to come in and take over? I'm not saying that some of the current staff is not fully capable, I am just asking if that doesn't sound more likely to happen. I think we all have seen very capable assistant and junior level coaches passed over for a promotion they probably deserve because a school wants to fill a hole with a body that already has a reputation behind his name...just a thought.