Wayne County...What do they have?

downtown247

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Springs is making their first appearance in the state tournament since 1999. They have a talented team. They are matched up with Wayne County in the first round. What does Wayne County have this year?

They can't be matched up with WC yet.....the drawing for brackets will not be until Saturday.

Oliver Springs is making their first appearance in the state tournament since 1999. They have a talented team. They are matched up with Wayne County in the first round. What does Wayne County have this year?

They can't be matched up with WC yet.....the drawing for brackets will not be until Saturday.

That's right no matchups yet. However, WC has Tyler Rice a 6-3 Jr (33 points last night 7 3's) his brother Austin Rice a 6-2 Soph. another Soph. Payton Parrish 5-10, Micah Brantley a 6-3 Jr. and Tyler Dixon a 6-4 Sr. for starters. Caleb Keating a 6-1 Sr, Steven Beckham a 5-10 Jr., Hagan Edwards a 5-9 Jr. are 3 off the bench.

The Cats coaching staff will have the guys prepared. They are no strangers to Murphy Center...made final four in both 05 and 06... Can't wait to find out who we play on Saturday. Hope we get a good draw! Go Cats!

Who are the coaches for Wayne Co.? I know 6 or 7 years ago they had a young guy coaching. Is he still there?

WC has no inside game and two above-average guards. Yea, Rice hit 33 points against McEwen and practically won the game for them, singlehandedly, but this was well above his ppg for the year. I don't see Wayne Co being a huge threat in state this year. Next year they will be a very strong single-A team.

The Cats coaching staff will have the guys prepared. They are no strangers to Murphy Center...made final four in both 05 and 06... Can't wait to find out who we play on Saturday. Hope we get a good draw! Go Cats!

Who are the coaches for Wayne Co.? I know 6 or 7 years ago they had a young guy coaching. Is he still there?

The head honcho is some old fogey named Franks. Senility and Alzheimer's might slow some other folks down, but not this guy.

The head honcho is some old fogey named Franks. Senility and Alzheimer's might slow some other folks down, but not this guy.

Old Fogey? Franks isn't that old mid 30s i'd say. Surely no alzheimers yet.

Old Fogey? Franks isn't that old mid 30s i'd say. Surely no alzheimers yet.

Sarcasm sure is hard to pick up on the internet.

WC can play with anybody but can stink it up too. Rice brothers are the real deal . I hope they win it all . :D:D

radio33, I'd say you're right on.....I've saw lots of WC games this year......they definitely play to their competition.....that can be great, but if the Rice boys don't come to play.....it can be very ugly. I have a feeling they will be ready on this stage......we shall see next Wed.