class 1-A seeding

wchscoach

i think if Clarksville Academy has a halfway decent point guard (havent seen them play so cant say they do) but they will handle Wayne co pretty easy because they get their wins in the closing minutes with their press. and if Tyler Rice gets into foul trouble like he tends to do then WC has absolutely no chance what so ever of even dreaming to win.. also they just have no1 who can guard CA post game. Dixon or Keating just dont have the skill to do it.

hey perry county handled wayne county didnt they

yes in the post they did, Cunningham had 19 points 13 rebounds and 7 blocks. he didnt even recieve all district. im just saying that Wayne co post play just dont exist. Heck 5'10 Tucker was scoring in the post on Wayne co... not saying wayne co dont deserve to be in the boro but if they want to win in the boro it will take a big performance in the post, which hasnt happened from wayne co all year

wc has had good post play throughout the year dixon and keating have had good games this year.....dixon scored 17 agaist cwood early this year and keating had a good game later in the year at cwood scoreing 21 and havin 11 boards to lead wc back for the win.. they post play will be enough 4 wc to win

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think if Clarksville Academy has a halfway decent point guard (havent seen them play so cant say they do) but they will handle Wayne co pretty easy because they get their wins in the closing minutes with their press. and if Tyler Rice gets into foul trouble like he tends to do then WC has absolutely no chance what so ever of even dreaming to win.. also they just have no1 who can guard CA post game. Dixon or Keating just dont have the skill to do it.

hey perry county handled wayne county didnt they

yes in the post they did, Cunningham had 19 points 13 rebounds and 7 blocks. he didnt even recieve all district. im just saying that Wayne co post play just dont exist. Heck 5'10 Tucker was scoring in the post on Wayne co... not saying wayne co dont deserve to be in the boro but if they want to win in the boro it will take a big performance in the post, which hasnt happened from wayne co all year

wc has had good post play throughout the year dixon and keating have had good games this year.....dixon scored 17 agaist cwood early this year and keating had a good game later in the year at cwood scoreing 21 and havin 11 boards to lead wc back for the win.. they post play will be enough 4 wc to win

Dixon getting 17 and Keating getting 21 and 11 on cwood is not much to brag about. who is their post player anyway?? a no name in the 6A region. and CA has big name post players in the STATE.

Dixon getting 17 and Keating getting 21 and 11 on cwood is not much to brag about. who is their post player anyway?? a no name in the 6A region. and CA has big name post players in the STATE.

Dixon and Keating share post play. True our guard play is the strongest part of our team, but our post guys have hit some big shots for us when we need them. Not they probably won't come out and score 20 tomorrow but they aren't bad. We must be doing something right to get to state. Why all the haterade pcviking? You just need to root for your team...oh wait they are at the house aren't they?.. :bored: You think since we put you guys out that you could at least support d12.

Dixon and Keating share post play. True our guard play is the strongest part of our team, but our post guys have hit some big shots for us when we need them. Not they probably won't come out and score 20 tomorrow but they aren't bad. We must be doing something right to get to state. Why all the haterade pcviking? You just need to root for your team...oh wait they are at the house aren't they?.. :bored: You think since we put you guys out that you could at least support d12.

all im doing is posting facts, sounds like wc is gettin ahead of themselves and getting too big of the fat head. Clarksville Academy will win this game in the post easily.

Great job this season WC, They ended up third in the district and first in the region(Who'd a Thought). We only have 1 post player playing at a time. Our coach seems to like "Guard Play"! "A no name in the 6 A region.'' Not sure what thats supposed to mean. CA's Big name post players- Malcolm Smith had a great game, he should've isn't that why he is a Mr. Basketball nominee, but his brother only had 2 pts. due to a break away slam in the fourth quarter! Our boys just wasn't on it. We missed several easy shots and our free throws were bad. Its plain and simple CA's shots fell when WC's wouldn't, I do not think they ran away with us, they out scored us. Good job to both teams on good sportmanship and good luck to CA's next game. :thumb:

Good luck to the remaining teams as they compete in the tournament!!! I was watching Clarksville Academy vs. Wayne County and Humboldt vs. Westwood.

Tough loss for Humboldt!?! I was really looking forward to a Clarksville vs. Humboldt Championship Game, but I guess I overlooked Westwood (and probably so did Humboldt's basketball players... otherwise, they would've been wiser and played a smarter game). Anyways, congrats to all the teams that made it this far to the State Tournament :thumb:. They should ALL be proud of themselves!

Ps. As a general comment to anyone...

Is it just me, or has Class A lost a lot of talent this year in its basketball teams? I mean, none of the teams that I saw today (Clarksville and Humboldt included... maybe they just played "bad" games? :lol: ) seemed to be as good as the State Finalist contenders of previous years... that is, none of them seemed to be as good as Union City in 2007 and 2008, Grace in 2007, and Humboldt, Lake County, and Manassas in 2009. What do you all think? Am I missing something in this picture or am I seeing it correctly?

And this isn't meant to take anything away from this year's State Final 8, by the way... I think the free point shooting this year is what separated it from the other years... I've never seen such terrible free point shooting!?!

Oh, and about the seeding format...

Hmmm...

Well, from the previous posts, all I can say is that the 8 competing teams in the tournament are NOT necessarily the best 8 teams in the State. City University, Union City, Lake County, and Scotts Hill (??? maybe Scotts Hill should be on this list?) have teams that COULD have (hence, I say "could," not "would") beaten some of the Class A teams that were playing today. It's just that some schools have tougher competition in their District and Regionals. I don't know about the other Districts and Regionals - and if there's anybody wanting to share info with me on this, please do! - but CU, UC, and LC could've made it to State had they not had to face Humboldt.

Good luck to the remaining teams as they compete in the tournament!!! I was watching Clarksville Academy vs. Wayne County and Humboldt vs. Westwood.

Tough loss for Humboldt!?! I was really looking forward to a Clarksville vs. Humboldt Championship Game, but I guess I overlooked Westwood (and probably so did Humboldt's basketball players... otherwise, they would've been wiser and played a smarter game). Anyways, congrats to all the teams that made it this far to the State Tournament :thumb:. They should ALL be proud of themselves!

Ps. As a general comment to anyone...

Is it just me, or has Class A lost a lot of talent this year in its basketball teams? I mean, none of the teams that I saw today (Clarksville and Humboldt included... maybe they just played "bad" games? :lol: ) seemed to be as good as the State Finalist contenders of previous years... that is, none of them seemed to be as good as Union City in 2007 and 2008, Grace in 2007, and Humboldt, Lake County, and Manassas in 2009. What do you all think? Am I missing something in this picture or am I seeing it correctly?

And this isn't meant to take anything away from this year's State Final 8, by the way... I think the free point shooting this year is what separated it from the other years... I've never seen such terrible free point shooting!?!

its funny that you say Grace in 07... the 07 Grace team didnt even make it out of the region

its funny that you say Grace in 07... the 07 Grace team didnt even make it out of the region

Really?

Hmmm...

It seems my memory has faded from me a little... Be easy on me Lol!!! I was just relying on my sheer memory... Didn't Grace make it in '06 or somewhere around that year to State, too?

Anyways, I'm AMENDING MY MISTAKE :thumb:... To be fair to all the teams out there.

Grace did not make it in '07.

Really?

Hmmm...

It seems my memory has faded from me a little... Be easy on me Lol!!! I was just relying on my sheer memory... Didn't Grace make it in '06 or somewhere around that year to State, too?

Anyways, I'm AMENDING MY MISTAKE :thumb:... To be fair to all the teams out there.

Grace did not make it in '07.

'07 i believe you were thinking about Temple... if my memory serves me right.