Seigel vs Melrose

Icy

I find it very naive of someone to think that not having zone lines and being able to recruit (stack) a team ISN'T an advantage! lol! Memphis always brings a strong team and that's great! I'm sure Melrose is gonna rank as one of the best ever but don't try to say you don't have an advantage.

Please don't talk about fair...this is the definition of fair...... When it benefits you it's fair, when it doesn't it's not.... I am sure you have received something that wasn't fair. Memphis does have zone lines... Your experiences are probably based on what you heard instead of what you know. So would that make you naive? Let's be fair about the answer you give, it wouldn't be fair if you told a lie.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying nebuntyn is that Melrose came to the sub-state tourny last year for the first time in I don't know how long got beat by 20+ and now this year you've got peolpe on here talking about 'em having 5 D1 prospects. And Hammonds who was a Mr. Bball finalist last year wouldn't even start for 'em. And you seem to be the only on here disagreeing about them not having zone lines. It just seems shady.

Melrose did not come to the state last year this is the first time. This team JJ got when they was in the 9th and 10th. They had 2 transfers that came in. All these kids u see here other than parks and ced went thru the fire. First year they lost darn near 20 games but got to semi of the regional. Last year they got to sub state and lost. This year they made it past the sub state. So this team was built from the ground up. They took steps year after year to get here. Give them credit for that. Ced and parks are good transfers. But it still going to boil down to the big 3, Jones, Thomas and Rucker

I called you all idiots for spelling SIEGEL wrong. I dont think predicting a melrose w is bias, but a blowout is bias for sure.

It's not bias, I live in the Siegel school district and, have seen both play this year they WILL get blown out. No bias at all. Plus if you think that Murfreesboro schools don't do certain things to get certain kids in certain places, you live under a vail of ignorance. Just because they have districts doesn't mean they don't make certain situations work (see Murfreesboro Riverdale football, the Rankin era.)

What I'm saying nebuntyn is that Melrose came to the state tourny last year for the first time in I don't know how long got beat by 20+ and now this year you've got peolpe on here talking about 'em having 5 D1 prospects. And Hammonds who was a Mr. Bball finalist last year would even start for 'em. And you seem to be the only on here disagreeing about them not having zone lines. It just seems shady.
Where did you get that misleading information, Melrose lost to Raleigh Egypt in the substate last year.

I understand, I just consider "sub-state" as part of making it deep into the season. As far as getting 2 transfers, if they're D1 players then yes that would make a HUGE difference in building a team from the ground up or going out and getting talent! Come on now! 2 D1 tranfers wouldn't make a difference? You kinda made my point with that comment! lol Just to be clear, I'm not the one that said they had 5 D1 players on their team. I'm just going with what was said on here! :thumb:

I understand, I just consider "sub-state" as part of making it deep into the season. As far as getting 2 transfers, if they're D1 players then yes that would make a HUGE difference in building a team from the ground up or going out and getting talent! Come on now! 2 D1 tranfers wouldn't make a difference? You kinda made my point with that comment! lol Just to be clear, I'm not the one that said they had 5 D1 players on their team. I'm just going with what was said on here! :thumb:

First Off what is the purpose for this silly argument. Remember Melrose was ranked in the nation long before they got the 2 transfers. They got into the substate last year with the big 3. They was ranked and undefeated long before Parks or Ced became a factor. Ced really still has not quite fit in. Took parks deep into second half of the season. This team would still be here without those players. As I said before, its the big 3 that got them here. Jones, Thomas and Rucker. Melrose cannot function without either one of them. Whats the purpose of going on and on with this. Without those transfers they still have 5 D1 players that was there. Jones, Thomas, Wilkerson, Rucker and the best 6 man in the state Jermaine Hollimon that came out of nowhere. With Parks and Ced they have 7 D1's. Did those transfers help with their dept of course. Good for them. Lets get back to bragging on our teams and talking stuff because who transfered to where dont make any different at this point. Because thursday evening will setting all this.

All us here in Rutherford County are saying is that it seems that the "zone" lines seem to be overlooked a little more in Memphis. Not agruing with you at all. And for the record if a team does in fact have, now 7 D1 players, then it would be a shame if they couldn't win the state! lol Go Kentucky!! lol