Seigel vs Melrose

Icy

This game will get out of hand really fast. Melrose by 25 minimum. Siegel has not seen a team of this caliber all year. I have seen them play a couple of times this year and frankly I have seen better Siegel teams than the 2009-2010 team. Tate is not 100% and Hammonds looks like he is getting back into the swing of things and they do have some bigs in the paint. However that will not be enough to deal with Jones, Rucker & Company. This Melrose team could have beat some OVC conference teams this year. No matter what is said the game still will be determined on the hardwood -i'm just saying Melrose is going to be a very BIG obstacle for any team that faces them in Mboro this week. I will be in Murphy Ctr to see all the teams.
Me to justmyop..I will hit you up when I get there...I will give you a call Wednesday morning.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with the majority on this and say Melrose by 25+. After seeing both teams play this year, Melrose is on a different level than Siegel. With or without Levon, Melrose will have no problems.

I'm just having a hard time seeing Siegel getting beat that bad.. They have loads of talent, and if they get hot..... It could happen.

I'll go with the majority on this and say Melrose by 25+. After seeing both teams play this year, Melrose is on a different level than Siegel. With or without Levon, Melrose will have no problems.

I'm just having a hard time seeing Siegel getting beat that bad.. They have loads of talent, and if they get hot..... It could happen.

Not top talent like Melrose...I have seen Siegel play this year....they will not last. Middle Tn talent is totally different.

I'll put it this way, Kerry or Levon would not start for Melrose this year. Melrose is unbelievably good and you'll see. I saw Siegel with both of their studs playing at full strength and Liberty won that game by like 10 points. Liberty played Melrose and lost by around 30 if that tells you anything.

I'll put it this way, Kerry or Levon would not start for Melrose this year. Melrose is unbelievably good and you'll see. I saw Siegel with both of their studs playing at full strength and Liberty won that game by like 10 points. Liberty played Melrose and lost by around 30 if that tells you anything.

GC that about sums it up...

Here is my only problem. People are talking about how they have seen Siegel play. Everyone is referencing the Liberty Tech game that was played on Nov. 21. That for one might have been the worst game Siegel had ever played. And do you really think a team is the same now as they were in November? That is people talking who dont know basketball.

I'm not saying that Siegel is going to win here nor am I saying they are gonna lose, but I do remember a very young Siegel team busting #1 ranked Antioch right in the kisser the first round a cpl of years ago.

Melrose is good, but come on people, Siegel isnt playing Kansas here.

Here is my only problem. People are talking about how they have seen Siegel play. Everyone is referencing the Liberty Tech game that was played on Nov. 21. That for one might have been the worst game Siegel had ever played. And do you really think a team is the same now as they were in November? That is people talking who dont know basketball.

I'm not saying that Siegel is going to win here nor am I saying they are gonna lose, but I do remember a very young Siegel team busting #1 ranked Antioch right in the kisser the first round a cpl of years ago.

Melrose is good, but come on people, Siegel isnt playing Kansas here.

You are right. THey are not playing Kanas. It's Kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say this being a Melrose Alum and went to every game this season. Its dangerous to predict scores or margins. This is just for fun and not and exact science. These are kids and u know they can go nuts at any given moment. That being said the Golden Wildcats are ready. They have been battle tested. They have played on the big stage starting at the Arby's Classic, so they will not be camera shocked. JJ will go 9 Deep and 10 if he has to sit Nate any time. Melrose has been in some really huge games over the last 3 weeks. Games where up to 1500 fans have been turned away. They have played a variety of different teams. Central huge team (OT win), Southwind tremendous 3 point shooting team (Blow out), Played White Station twice 1. District Championship game (win) 2. Region championship game (Blow out), Jackson Northside with stud Prather (Blow out). They are coming into this game playing their best all season. Getting out of Memphis was the roughest it has been in years.