Seigel vs Melrose

Icy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just having a hard time seeing Siegel getting beat that bad.. They have loads of talent, and if they get hot..... It could happen.

I'll put it this way, Kerry or Levon would not start for Melrose this year. Melrose is unbelievably good and you'll see. I saw Siegel with both of their studs playing at full strength and Liberty won that game by like 10 points. Liberty played Melrose and lost by around 30 if that tells you anything.

So your saying Hammonds, a mr. basketball finalist a year ago, and a nominee for mcdonalds all american wouldn't start for a team, I don't think that is correct. Melrose may be unbelieveably good, but I still expect it to be a competitive game. About the whole Liberty thing, that does not matter what so ever... that is sports. Kentucky lost to UT by 9, and UT controlled the entire game, but they UT loses by 29 in the tournament, who you lose to during the season doesn't mean anything

No one said that he wouldn't start for "A" team....He said that he wouldn't start for Melrose. True statement. Be there to get the Melrose experience.

Well obviously you guys didn't watch the Arby's Classic as Melrose won it. Siegel was in it. They got beat by the team Melrose played in the championship. Melrose is the big news now, Siegel used to be but not now. See in the Arby's Siegel didn't have Kerry Hammonds. So we all know that hurt them. But that means they rely to much on him to do the work for them. Melrose on the other hand, they could lose any of they main guys aka the first 7, and still pull off a win and most of the time a blowout. I'm taking Melrose on a big win. Melrose by 20+

Well obviously you guys didn't watch the Arby's Classic as Melrose won it. Siegel was in it. They got beat by the team Melrose played in the championship.

Sidenote:

That common opponent was Greater Atlanta Christian, out of Georgia.

GAC went on to win a State Championship this past weekend, blasting some school named Thomasville 77 -65. According to another website, GAC finished the season at 32 wins --- 1 loss.

GAC's lone loss..... Memphis Melrose, in the Title game of the Arby's Classic.

----------------------------------

Melrose is clearly a proven, elite team.

Conclusion:

Siegel is going to have its hands extremely full trying to contend with Melrose, for a full 4 quarters. While anything is possible in sports....Realistically, Siegel is going to have to play a near-perfect game in order to defeat Melrose.

Oh, let me repeat: If Siegel somehow manages to defeat Melrose, then I predict that Siegel WILL win the State Championship!

i'm not even a melrose fan, but siegel wont compete. how do you expect a siegel team that had trouble in their own district to beat a team from memphis. oakland was far less talented and beat them not once. not twice. three times. maybe if they had some good coaching they could play with the big boys. all its gonna take is melrose to get a lead and siegel will crack. dont play as a team. hammonds is soft. gooch is awful with the ball. williams is 6'9 but plays like he's 6'5. im a boro guy would love to see a rutherford co. team win. sorry siegel. melrose by 20+

2seam you have no idea what it takes to run a basketball program! Dodson brought his team to the State Tournament and you're blasiting him as a coach! Come on! Where's Oakland? Oh thats right they'll be watching from the stands! LOL! I'm not a Siegel guy, I actually graduated from Oakland but I can't stand it when people blast a team that is in the state! It takes A LOT to get there! Just ask Oaklands coach!

Saw the team this morning before they left and I was happy to see that they know this is serious business. There was not that usual joking an playing. They was all about getting to boro and taking care of business. Whatever JJ has done u can see the Discipline and its worked over the last 3 weeks. Im just glad to see this mean what it does to them. I talked to Nate and Adonis and both said the same thing. This was their mission from the first year. Even tho it was rough hard work paid off no matter what happens from this point on.

2seam you have no idea what it takes to run a basketball program! Dodson brought his team to the State Tournament and you're blasiting him as a coach! Come on! Where's Oakland? Oh thats right they'll be watching from the stands! LOL! I'm not a Siegel guy, I actually graduated from Oakland but I can't stand it when people blast a team that is in the state! It takes A LOT to get there! Just ask Oaklands coach!

I agree with you Go Packers, obviously Siegel is an Elite team since they are one of the final 8 teams left in the state. I heard that Melrose was O.K, and very poorly coached, but who knows???

I agree with you Go Packers, obviously Siegel is an Elite team since they are one of the final 8 teams left in the state. I heard that Melrose was O.K, and very poorly coached, but who knows???

So what your saying is that their poorly coach yet wins the Arby's Classic. Then destroys everybody in Regionals and even Sectionals then makes it to state. If thats poorly coached. I want to see a team thats good coached. Talking about the #1 team in the nation and could beat almost every team in college and possibly the NBA.

wanna know why siegel has made it to state? they have more athleticism than any team they played so far. in region they were bigger, faster, and stronger than BOTH teams they played. the ooltewah team they played in substate looked like a jv team compared to them. and im not knocking ooltewah. siegel is that athletic. they should have lost 1 maybe 2 games this year.i want the one team from the boro to win. but when they're matched up with a team thats as athletic, or in melrose's case more athletic. no chance. say im knocking them i dont care. go to the game tomorrow and tell me who was right.