Seigel vs Melrose

Icy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose had 1 player with double digits! (When I left)Where'd all the D1 prospects go! Lol! Siegel played HORRIBLE! I agree, but Melrose didn't show me anything either! Granted its the only time I've seen them play but if they play like that against White Station they'll get killed!

GoPackers,

Are you REALLY serious....Melrose didn't show you anything?

Wow.

You've GOT to be kidding, right?

--------------------------------------------

Do you actually not realize that such an incredible comment brings your entire basketball I.Q. into question?

What I'm saying is ALL I've heard is how many D1 players Melrose has on their team. I was expecting to see a dunkest or some ankle breaking handles, and I didn't. Does that mean they don't have it? No. It just means they didn't bring it to the Siegel game! I'll go watch them today and hope I get my money's worth. Oh and don't question my basketball IQ I can assure you its better than yours! lol!

Here I am Southeast21!!

Let me start off by saying hats off to Melrose. They have a heck of a team and I predict they will be holding a gold ball here in about 48 hours. Jones is a he!! of a player. In my opinion he is the best player on the team. I honestly forgot Adonis Thomas was even on the floor. As for the comment about "where was Hammonds?" Where was adonis? They both sat on the bench for the majority of the first half in fould trouble yet Hammonds ended with 15 pts and Adonis didn't score. The kid is good dont get me wrong, but UT or UK potential...good joke!!!

19-1 in the first quarter did it for Siegel. I believe the scoring for the rest of the game was like 57-51 Melrose or something like that and Siegel out rebounded Melrose for the game. They have a great team, but the best to ever come from Memphis!!!! PLEASE. I have seen some Ridgeway and White Station teams in the past 6 years that were way better than this Melrose team. Again, Melrose will win a gold ball this year, but they def aren't the best to ever come out of Memphis.

Siegel made a great run at it. Let me ask you this Melrose fans... If you take Jones and Thomas off of that teams for 20 games this season, do you honestly see yourselves where you are now? Siegel put 41 pts, 19 reb, and 12 ast on the bench for 20 games this season and got here. I would say thats a heck of an accomplishment!!! God job Stars. Way to stay together and never quit!!

Melrose had 1 player with double digits! (When I left)Where'd all the D1 prospects go! Lol! Siegel played HORRIBLE! I agree, but Melrose didn't show me anything either! Granted its the only time I've seen them play but if they play like that against White Station they'll get killed!

GoPackers,

Are you REALLY serious....Melrose didn't show you anything?

Wow.

You've GOT to be kidding, right?

--------------------------------------------

Do you actually not realize that such an incredible comment brings your entire basketball I.Q. into question?

What I'm saying is ALL I've heard is how many D1 players Melrose has on their team. I was expecting to see a dunkest or some ankle breaking handles, and I didn't. Does that mean they don't have it? No. It just means they didn't bring it to the Siegel game! I'll go watch them today and hope I get my money's worth. Oh and don't question my basketball IQ I can assure you its better than yours! lol!

Well...I think we should stick a fork in this one because it is surely done. The final score showed a 23 point difference in a game that was not that close. The contest was played on Siegel's home turf and two of Melrose's top players were relegated to spot duty because of early foul trouble. Chris Jones steps his game up when the Bigs go out, drops 33 points, and just straight out couldn't be guarded.

I know....you were expecting a "dunkfest" ( I think that is what you meant instead of "dunkest") or "some ankle breaking handles" that you feel you didn't see. In the word of TraderB....Wow!

Congratulations to the Siegel team and their fans on making it to the final 8. It really is an accomplishment that is to be applauded. Best wishes in your post 2010 playoff endeavors. It's time to move on.

Here I am Southeast21!!

Let me start off by saying hats off to Melrose. They have a heck of a team and I predict they will be holding a gold ball here in about 48 hours. Jones is a he!! of a player. In my opinion he is the best player on the team. I honestly forgot Adonis Thomas was even on the floor. As for the comment about "where was Hammonds?" Where was adonis? They both sat on the bench for the majority of the first half in fould trouble yet Hammonds ended with 15 pts and Adonis didn't score. The kid is good dont get me wrong, but UT or UK potential...good joke!!!

19-1 in the first quarter did it for Siegel. I believe the scoring for the rest of the game was like 57-51 Melrose or something like that and Siegel out rebounded Melrose for the game. They have a great team, but the best to ever come from Memphis!!!! PLEASE. I have seen some Ridgeway and White Station teams in the past 6 years that were way better than this Melrose team. Again, Melrose will win a gold ball this year, but they def aren't the best to ever come out of Memphis.

Siegel made a great run at it. Let me ask you this Melrose fans... If you take Jones and Thomas off of that teams for 20 games this season, do you honestly see yourselves where you are now? Siegel put 41 pts, 19 reb, and 12 ast on the bench for 20 games this season and got here. I would say thats a heck of an accomplishment!!! God job Stars. Way to stay together and never quit!!

Ill answer that for you and live in Rutherford Co. if melrose took their two best players off the team for most of the year no they wouldnt have been as successful but you have to realize that melrose plays in a much tougher district and region. outside of siegel and oakland no one in Siegels region could even think about playing with melrose or white station or memphis central or southwind, so thats a bad comparison

Here I am Southeast21!!

Yes that is a heck of an accomplishment boroballer. Once again, hats off to the Siegel players and fan base.

In my opinion, the best to come out of Memphis is Melrose '74. Undefeated and won the championship by 33 points.

But anyway... Thomas only played a total of 8 minutes. I don't know how one can make an assessment of his skill level under those 1 game, 1 quarter circumstances but maybe you have it like that. North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Memphis, Ohio State and others have all offered him so sorry if I lean more toward their appraisals of his talent.

Hammond has to play and play well for Siegel to do well against top competition.... Regardless of foul trouble. When a team shoots in the 30 percent range as Siegel did, there are a lot of rebounds available. Plus, Melrose's Bigs were mostly not in the game. What the score would have been if the first quarter were removed does not mean anything. Melrose went on cruise control and won by 23 points.

Here I am Southeast21!!

Wow, way to base how good Adonis is off of one game(in which he also barely played in, 8 min. I think? and you cant score unless you shoot...1 maybe 2 shots I believe?)

Call me when Kerry is a Team USA participant(not saying he isnt good, cause that would be blasphemy)

Here I am Southeast21!!

And who said Melrose was the best out of Memphis ever?

Also, Melrose seem to have a pretty time man handling siegel without their bigs.

But even with that being said, if Melrose loses Jones and Thomas, but plays in 7-AAA, they most likely go undefeated, or close to it.