Humbolt vs Westwood

Icy

I know that Hbt scrimmaged Liberty earlier this week and got beat pretty badly...However, Liberty's awfully good and will help prepare us for the tourney...Also heard rumors of a possible scrimmage with Bolivar sometime this weekend..

I'll take Humboldt by 12...If Humboldt is hitting their outside shots (mainly Brooks), it'll be worse..

Our loss against Liberty wasn't that bad. I heard that our Boys' team usually plays Liberty at the Season Opening Jamboree... we lost by like... 8 points or less. Plus, we were playing without two of our starters. If Dunbar, Campbell, Bryson, or Brooks (our athletes that play both football and basketball) were out, then Humboldt's game would've changed altogether when they played Liberty.

I don't know if this makes sense, but hopefully you all know what I mean :thumb:.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the potential championship game. I believe most Humboldt fans thought they would get this draw. As for the game I think WW actually has one guy listed at 6 5", a tall skinny kid who plays the post so The size advantage for Humboldt might not be as relevant, but, Humboldt will be the deepest most athletic team on the floor. For the umpteenth time in the last 6 years...... :mrgreen:

GO VIKINGS. BRING IT HOME!!!!!!!!!

The tall skinny kid is a non factor, Westwood lives and dies on the wings,cutting to the basket/kicking out for the threes. Only two decent long range shooters,sorry can't recall#, but maybe 23 is one.Plenty athletic,but not so much as Humboldt.Stop the drives to the basket,then play the passes out to the wing on the ball side,and book your rooms for another night.

I think that this is the easiest humboldt has ever had it and anything less than a gold ball would be ridiculous!

Cosby and Wartburg were the Vikes easiest first round opponents the last few years.....You guys liked to have messed around and lost to Wartburg....Westwood is much better than those two teams were....Coach Boykin will have to do more than just roll the balls out to beat the Longhorns....Never overlook anyone in Murfreesboro....