Meigs looking for new coach

I hope I didn't mislead you on the oc/dc discussions. He hasn't made any hires or final decisions yet on those and I know he will talk with the current coaches, as well. This coach will run whatever fits the talent of these players, however I know there will be multiple sets and some things Meigs is not accustomed to seeing offensively. I also know he has based from a 4-4 and 4-3 in the past, depending on the kids he has. One thing is for sure, there will be alot of pressure on their offense and chances to make impact plays defensively.

As far as the current coaching staff, I feel they will be very impressed with the direction he will take them and really enjoy coaching on his staff. I am really excited for those guys.

The main thing here is.....don't let those kids transfer if they are hungry to play and have good attitudes! You guys handle that in the interim until this announcment is made.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the returning talent look like? I know we had a good sophomore class, but do we have a qb? We got that transferred in that can play qb I believe. Im excited for the upcoming season and the path that the program seems to be taking! JUST HIT SOMEBODY IN THE MOUTH! Restore that Tiger Pride!!!

Everybody keeps talking about this great sophmore class, if memory serves, it's the class thats getting ready to become seniors that was loaded with talent, they all just haven't stayed together for one reason or another, don't get me wrong there is good talent from that sophmore class as well. People on here want to say that change is good and I agree, it is my whole point about Holliday was just give him a chance he may have some fresh ideas honestly the other coaches on staff the last couple of years didn't care what ideas he had and that's fact. But if this new guy is that good and can do what Montana is saying then I say lets do this thing and get the kids fired up about playing. All there is to say now is Go Tigers, and I wish all the luck in the world to the new coach hopefully he will be left alone to coach the team his way.

Everybody keeps talking about this great sophmore class, if memory serves, it's the class thats getting ready to become seniors that was loaded with talent, they all just haven't stayed together for one reason or another, don't get me wrong there is good talent from that sophmore class as well. People on here want to say that change is good and I agree, it is my whole point about Holliday was just give him a chance he may have some fresh ideas honestly the other coaches on staff the last couple of years didn't care what ideas he had and that's fact. But if this new guy is that good and can do what Montana is saying then I say lets do this thing and get the kids fired up about playing. All there is to say now is Go Tigers, and I wish all the luck in the world to the new coach hopefully he will be left alone to coach the team his way.

Didnt give him a chance huh? and that's fact? but he was the defensive coordinator? hmmmm. Ive never known a coordinator that didnt have input! Im sure on the times that Baker has talked to Holiday he listened to his "new ideas" and obviously didnt like the direction. I think the community should come to the conclusion Holiday may be a great guy but may not be best head coach, and rally behind the guy that the administration feels is the right direction for the program! It just sounds to me like some outside people wanted this Holiday guy hired and that may pose a problem for the new hire. I hope he is ready to deal with what may be a HUGE problem!

Didnt give him a chance huh? and that's fact? but he was the defensive coordinator? hmmmm. Ive never known a coordinator that didnt have input! Im sure on the times that Baker has talked to Holiday he listened to his "new ideas" and obviously didnt like the direction. I think the community should come to the conclusion Holiday may be a great guy but may not be best head coach, and rally behind the guy that the administration feels is the right direction for the program! It just sounds to me like some outside people wanted this Holiday guy hired and that may pose a problem for the new hire. I hope he is ready to deal with what may be a HUGE problem!

People like you are why we don't trust outsiders. What do you know about our community? what do you know about Baker or Holiday? Why are you assuming Holiday ,or anyone else for that matter, is going to cause problems. it appears that you are the troublemaker. I can assure you Baker listens to the community. How do you think he has found a way to fit into our community? He became one of us, we didn't become one of him. Trust and respect have to be earned, not given because someone gets on here bad mouthing OUR people. Its fine for us to talk about our own, but not an OUTSIDER. Bottom line you know nothing about the situation, so SHUT UP.

Actually I graduated from Meigs a long time ago, so I know "a little" about YOUR community! But Im not on here to bash anyone but thanks for the kind words. Im speaking about the cry on here for Holiday to be head coach and bashing Baker for not doing it, means that there is going to be resentment for not making that hire that this new coach has to face. Even an OUTSIDER can see that. If you walk into a situation and struggle at first, YOUR community is going to wonder still why he didnt give Holiday a chance and be pushing for him. It's not an easy situation to walk into, especially in a small, close nit community like YOURS, and I hope this guy is as good as advertised cause if he doesnt hit the ground running, the people pushing for Holiday's voices could get a little louder.

Here we go first of all dc I'm a lifelong Meigs County resident and I have seen coaches come and go from Jackie Rayl to Stan Eller and I can assure you I know what I'm talking about, as far as Holliday goes if you were close to the situation like I think most Meigs football fans have been then you would know that for the last few years Holliday has been very vocal on the direction of the football program and if you know him you would see that he knows football now I know what people are going to say oh were not saying he doesn't know football yada yada. Tigerpride was right unless your around it now or have been the last few years then you really don't know the situation were proud Meigs County residents so please know what your talking about before you speak. As for bashing Baker I don't think anyone is bashing him people and myself included think he could have handled this better than he did it has been a running joke all around Meigs, McMinn and even Bradley county, and honestly I'm not the only person that thinks he has treated Holliday very un fairly and just pushed him to the curb, for better or worse he deserved the chance to suceed or fail just by virture of knowing this program, just because he coached with Eller, Davis and Harris does not mean he agrees with what they did. Now, to the new coach, whoever you are I think I can say no matter what this is about the kids not you or Holliday, Harris, Baker, etc. everyone wants whats best for the players and if this guy is it then as a fan base lets get behind him and the program and hopefully watch it do great things.

I understand where your coming from NBC and I havent been around the program in some years now. What I am saying as far as with Holiday, for whatever reason, Baker decided not to go in that direction. I belive if he thought that was the way to go, he's had ample opportunity. It works both ways, just because Holiday has been there under those coaches doesnt mean he agreed with their philosophies, but it also doesnt mean he'd make a great head coach because he has been there either. I dont know him personally, so Im definitely not bashing the guy, by all accounts, he seems like a great guy. I just think, and hope, Baker had his reasons for not choosing him. Baker I do know, and if he doesnt think its a good idea, he won't do it, no matter what. He cares too much about the program to do something he doesnt think will help it. I may actually start driving back to Meigs to watch the program closer, the idea of a new coach and hopefully a new system has me excited again about Tiger football.

Now you look at the situation this way, unbiased, but look at yourself included. New guy comes in, program is struggling with new system, are you not going to look at it and start saying, should have given Holiday a chance. Thats all Im saying, is realistically because people around the community wanted someone else, this new coach is on Baker. If he fails, it'll be on Baker!

Well Ump if your right then all this talk about a coach coming in from out of state was a bunch of crap coming from someone wanting to stir the pot, and if your right and the rumor about and out of state coach is right then are we safe to say the out of state guy turned it down, well only time will tell. But if the rumor is true and Holliday is interviewing then hats off to Coach Baker for at least giving him an interview. I know workouts start June 6th and I'm sure a coach needs to be in place by then, so I would guess we can expect some sort of announcement by then, or at least I hope so.

yeah, my cousin met the head coach and said he was talking about spreading the ball around. He is excited and said he is going to play this year. So, I guess that's a good thing. He has gotten some kids excited about playing already. I couldnt PAY my cousin to play in the wing T! I think they are suppose to introduce him today.