Meigs looking for new coach

Holiday. I am sure there are Coaches who have applied that are more qualified. But from the looks of your situation, your going to be looking for another one four years down the road that gets offered their "dream job". So reward a guy that has been nothing but loyal to you. He wants to stay there forever. Loyalty means more to me than anything else. You can't learn that character trait. Either you got it or you dont.

Throw, I agree with you completely. I think Holliday would be a great hire. He loves being there. He married a Decatur gal so that makes it alot more difficult to leave. I went by practice earlier this week. There are more kids out than I've seen in years. Holliday is already running everything as far as the team goes so Baker should go ahead and make it official and name Holliday as the new head coach. The kids love him. The parents love him. He worked wonders for years with the juniors that play on Saturdays. I think all the parents should call Baker on Monday morning and voice your support for Holliday. The only people suffering since there's not a true head coach in place are the kids. :thumb:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whistle, You made my point for me. Reward loyalty and you WON'Tbe looking for a coach in 5 years. Period. You cannot win if you are looking for a coach every couple of years. Longevity. As for the other guy who said Holiday interviewed: I have no idea if he did or not. But as long as other people are getting interviews and this whole process continues to go forward, can you blame him if he did? Short of Alcoa.... can you tell me another school, or head coach, that wins year after year? Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty. WB is paying the price for hiring the "up and comer" who changed jobs every 4 years and said "this is the only job I ever wanted". Instead of hiring the next Petrino or "suitcase"...I mean Saban. Reward those that have stuck with you so you won't being doing this same thing 3 years from now????? Show the kids that loyalty is rewarded and watch your program explode into the contender it should be year in and year out. Or just keep doing what you're doing and go thru this same process every couple of years. Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty.....

Holiday. I am sure there are Coaches who have applied that are more qualified. But from the looks of your situation, your going to be looking for another one four years down the road that gets offered their "dream job". So reward a guy that has been nothing but loyal to you. He wants to stay there forever. Loyalty means more to me than anything else. You can't learn that character trait. Either you got it or you dont.

Loyalty, He's tried to leave everytime things don't go his way. Last time I checked that ain't loyalty.

Again old cat you seem to have all the answers, and know it all I think as a parent i need to call and recomend you for the job, leave your name and number and ill get with the rest of parents to make it happen. :lol: Again thank you for informing us about the nature and about someones character, we are glad you can run someone down real mature, but you have to live with it. :lol:

So no one knows when they are going to name someone? Must be going to hire the Doc. They are not leaving much time for an outside hire to put a program in place. First game is just over three months away. To me it seems like they keep hiring the same coach, just a different name.

Again old cat you seem to have all the answers, and know it all I think as a parent i need to call and recomend you for the job, leave your name and number and ill get with the rest of parents to make it happen. :lol: Again thank you for informing us about the nature and about someones character, we are glad you can run someone down real mature, but you have to live with it. :lol:

Ouch!!!! The sarcasm gets me right where I live.

I feel like people are getting off the subject, bottom line the longer this search goes the harder it is on the players and when you get down to it that's what it's all about it's not about putting people down or questioning loyalty, yes Coach Holliday has been very loyal and yes he did apply for another job and I think he got an interview but why is that a big deal, people apply to better themselves everyday, the point is, Baker is doing what he can to fill the job if Holliday or Harris for that matter wanted the job they should speak up now because now would be a good time. But remember this should not be about anybody but the players they are the ones this is hurting and the longer this drags out the more the players will suffer.