Meigs looking for new coach

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire Jason Phillips.

I think Jason Phillips sounds like a good hire, from the info that some of the posters have given. He played under Quarles at Maryville and has been an OC at Clinton and other places. Who knows? he may have been offered and turned it down. I think that has been the problem with this job, alot of resumes were turned in and when it gets down to it, they are backing out.

I am Jason's uncle so I want him to get the job. If Jason was to get the job expect the ball to be thrown a lot. No 3 yards and a cloud of dust wouldn't be his offense.

bullyrock has watched clinton the last 4 years. the offence was put in by phillips in 2006 maybe 05. clinton put up big off numbers ever year. throwing and running. phillips left to go back to college in 08. he coached at tusculum college while finishing his studies. i think he coached recivers first year then helped with off line the 2nd year while at tusculum. he played for quarles at maryville and was on state championship team in 1998. bullyrock thinks phillips would be a good hire for megis co. last thing what the heck'o is a rebelron. just the opion of a football knothead

Holiday. I am sure there are Coaches who have applied that are more qualified. But from the looks of your situation, your going to be looking for another one four years down the road that gets offered their "dream job". So reward a guy that has been nothing but loyal to you. He wants to stay there forever. Loyalty means more to me than anything else. You can't learn that character trait. Either you got it or you dont.

Holiday. I am sure there are Coaches who have applied that are more qualified. But from the looks of your situation, your going to be looking for another one four years down the road that gets offered their "dream job". So reward a guy that has been nothing but loyal to you. He wants to stay there forever. Loyalty means more to me than anything else. You can't learn that character trait. Either you got it or you dont.

I agree that loyalty is very important. But, this is an important hire. Meigs needs to resurrect their football program and by doing that you have to hire someone that you think can do that. I am not saying that Holliday cant, but regardless if the new coach leaves in 5 years, if he gets the program back on its feet then the coach behind him will have a lot easier job. It is alot easier to find a coach when you were 7-3 or 8-2 the previous season. JMO