Meigs looking for new coach

First off one comment made in an earlier post was that they were glad Holliday at least got his interview, what sarcasim coming from that poster but thats ok he entitled to his opinion, now as far as this new coach, he sounds like someone that knows what he his doing and wants to be in Meigs which is a plus I know that the fans will like that, as far as Holliday and Harris, does anyone know if they will be allowed to keep their positions as O and D coord. I would think Harris would step back to coaching a position considering this new coach is bringing in his own style of offense. I would think Holliday would be allowed to resume his duties as D Coord. I would also like to think the new coach would depend on Holliday alot which is good and bad. All in all congrats to the new Coach, I really hope you turn this program around these kids deserve it.

I wasnt being sarcastic in saying I was glad he got an interview. Alot of the criticism on Baker was that he wasnt giving Holiday a chance, or an interview. He saw what he needed to see obviously in Spring Practice and also through an interview and made a different decision. I met Coach Jones along with the players the other day and it was a breath of fresh air. I think if he can get things done his way, he has a good vision for the boys. Now that a new coach is hired, are we ready to support him 100%? or does he have to treat Holiday with kid gloves since some people thought he should have been the head coach?

dc you say Baker was under alot of criticism for not giving Holliday a chance or an interview, only half of that is the truth, Holliday didn't apply this time until right after spring practice and he did get the interview 2 years ago, so as far as alot of people are concerned Baker will give him the interviews just won't give him the chance, regardless of how you feel Holliday is a heck of a coach with alot of knowledge and works very hard at what he does and my guess is he will get a head job as soon as he gets away from the politics that is always going on not just in Meigs but all over the Chattanooga and Sweetwater valley, yes there's politics everywhere, but dc you sound like you have an idea of whats happening and I do agree this is a bit of fresh air but you know even 2 years ago when Eller was hired it was a back room deal, the man didn't even show up on the radar till the last minute. In any case I'm glad this coach wants to be here and I hope he can turn this program around, but he will need support from all of us and I am going to support him and this bunch of PLAYERS remember it's the players who make it happen . Good luck to Meigs and the new coach.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NBC, you sound like you are VERY close to coach Holiday and have a lot of INSIDE information that the rest of us didnt know. So, Ill believe you that Holiday will get his chances elsewhere, and maybe that is a move he should consider if there is all that politics involved. Politics, I dont know personally if that's what's keeping him out of the head coaching job there, but if he, or you feel that way, I would definitely explore other options. Cause if there is politics involved, he will never get his chance, that you and he both believe he deserves.

My advice for him and maybe you can pass this on, because it sounds like you do know him well, is to jump in with this coach and do whatever is needed, (whether it is defensive coordinator or just concentrating on the defensive line) and create a winner, because your star shines a whole lot brighter when you have some victories under your belt! Then Id look outside of the politics and let my record speak for itself!

NBC, you sound like you are VERY close to coach Holiday and have a lot of INSIDE information that the rest of us didnt know. So, Ill believe you that Holiday will get his chances elsewhere, and maybe that is a move he should consider if there is all that politics involved. Politics, I dont know personally if that's what's keeping him out of the head coaching job there, but if he, or you feel that way, I would definitely explore other options. Cause if there is politics involved, he will never get his chance, that you and he both believe he deserves.

My advice for him and maybe you can pass this on, because it sounds like you do know him well, is to jump in with this coach and do whatever is needed, (whether it is defensive coordinator or just concentrating on the defensive line) and create a winner, because your star shines a whole lot brighter when you have some victories under your belt! Then Id look outside of the politics and let my record speak for itself!

We will take Ricky at Franklin County! He'd be a great addition to the coaching staff!

Sorry guys, Ricky didn't get the head coaching job. Curt Jones is the head coach, so lets see if you Ricky fans can get on board and support the program not just one guy. I thought it was about the kids!!!

Miss a week and we hire a new coach. Congrats Coach Jones and Clint Baker. oldcat, whats your problem with Holiday. Sounds to me that some fans are showing loyalty to a coach that has stuck it out through thick and thin. You need to support him also. We will support our new coach and we will also support his staff. If you are who I think you are, you had your chance at coaching and couldnt make the cut.

Sorry guys, Ricky didn't get the head coaching job. Curt Jones is the head coach, so lets see if you Ricky fans can get on board and support the program not just one guy. I thought it was about the kids!!!

Miss a week and we hire a new coach. Congrats Coach Jones and Clint Baker. oldcat, whats your problem with Holiday. Sounds to me that some fans are showing loyalty to a coach that has stuck it out through thick and thin. You need to support him also. We will support our new coach and we will also support his staff. If you are who I think you are, you had your chance at coaching and couldnt make the cut.[/quote

Tigerpride is right we will support the new coach and I wish him well, and to you oldcat from earlier posts in this discussion you have had problems with Holliday does it have something to do with something that happened long ago?? Who knows in any case you have bashed Holliday at every turn, same goes for that smart remark you made in the quote, yes the Holliday fans will get behind the coach because we have ties to this team question is do you or do you just like getting on here and saying things that you have no clue about, are you one of those people that know everything about nothing? In any event as far as this team goes it is all about you guys make this a year to remember. Play the best you know how, play hard for your town your coaches but most of all play hard for yourselves, this team can do good things if you guys just believe in yourselves. GOOD LUCK IN 2010.

I have set back and purposely not posted because it is amazing to me how so many people know nothing about a lot of things. One person give his honest opinion, which just happens to be the truth and it's katie bar the door. Was it not you NBC that chastized the administration and specifically Mr. Baker for looking over Coach Holliday and said shame on you Coach Baker. I understand loyality and personally I like Coach Holliday as a person and coach, but not a head coach. By you getting on to oldcat, thats like the pot calling the kettle black. The last statement can also go for the other posters such as TPride, etc. If your Coach Hollidays friend, then stand behind him, but don't overshadow the truth when it hits you right in the face. Come on, really! It's a football town and football is taken very serious and I respect that. It's always been about the kids and it will continue to be. Mr. Baker has hired what he deems the best coach and Coach Holliday will have his assignments as the same for Coach Harris. Everyone Needs to back the All The Coaches (whether you are biased or unbiased for one or all), the players, the adminstration, the town, the community, and for heavens sake, Let all this drama go! It time to focus on the goal at hand, getting a new start to the Tiger Football Program. I truly hope that the existing coaches can work with the new coach and give him their loyality and their best and accept what roles he gives them in stride.

I have set back and purposely not posted because it is amazing to me how so many people know nothing about a lot of things. One person give his honest opinion, which just happens to be the truth and it's katie bar the door. Was it not you NBC that chastized the administration and specifically Mr. Baker for looking over Coach Holliday and said shame on you Coach Baker. I understand loyality and personally I like Coach Holliday as a person and coach, but not a head coach. By you getting on to oldcat, thats like the pot calling the kettle black. The last statement can also go for the other posters such as TPride, etc. If your Coach Hollidays friend, then stand behind him, but don't overshadow the truth when it hits you right in the face. Come on, really! It's a football town and football is taken very serious and I respect that. It's always been about the kids and it will continue to be. Mr. Baker has hired what he deems the best coach and Coach Holliday will have his assignments as the same for Coach Harris. Everyone Needs to back the All The Coaches (whether you are biased or unbiased for one or all), the players, the adminstration, the town, the community, and for heavens sake, Let all this drama go! It time to focus on the goal at hand, getting a new start to the Tiger Football Program. I truly hope that the existing coaches can work with the new coach and give him their loyality and their best and accept what roles he gives them in stride.

I never once called for Holiday to get the job, trust me I've had my ups and downs with him. It has always been about the kids with me, if you go back and read my posts my problems have been with the admin for not helping the kids with a coach. I never had a problem with any coach that the admin has hired and as I have said we will support them, unlike oldcat who has bashed Holiday at every turn. I have never bashed a coach, just the admin. I'm sure the new man will do a fine job and I look forward to meeting him. So please dont lecture about support and loyalty unless you have had a kid go through this mess like some of us have.

I never once called for Holiday to get the job, trust me I've had my ups and downs with him. It has always been about the kids with me, if you go back and read my posts my problems have been with the admin for not helping the kids with a coach. I never had a problem with any coach that the admin has hired and as I have said we will support them, unlike oldcat who has bashed Holiday at every turn. I have never bashed a coach, just the admin. I'm sure the new man will do a fine job and I look forward to meeting him. So please dont lecture about support and loyalty unless you have had a kid go through this mess like some of us have.

I went through this. We went 3 and 7, 2 and 8, and 6 and 5, but finished 12 and 2. We were the reason we were bad all of us. Players and coaches. But all of us got better. Our parents did't try to get the coach ran outta town. Our parents taught us a little thing about accountability. Guess what if a tackle is missed the coach didn't miss it. If a pass is dropped the coach didn't drop it. You can win football games with 10 plays IF you run them right. You must block and tackle. Don't look at the sideline with your sholders shrugged when your guy beats you. I love Meigs football. I know alot of the kids on this team and they are great kids. They will win when they want to. This is their year. Alot of freshmen and sophmores have played this past few years. Your junior year is when you've gotta turn it on. Go Tigers!

Congrats Meigs County. You will be looking again for a HC in 3 years. Sad situation for those kids. Curt is a great coach, but like others before him, he has proven that he is ALWAYS looking for the next "big thing". You guys don't need that anymore. Loyalty means nothing to anyone in the administration as they see their school as "The Top Job" that these coaches PRETEND will be there last. I have said before and will say again, I have no dog in this fight, but how many times can you recycle coaches that give the same BS responses like a broken record? Loyalty means nothing to the people in charge and the parents should take notice of this. It is hard for a coach to preach to the kids about what it takes to win and all the work that must be done and to not live by the same standards i their own life. Only idiots really believe these coaches that continue to jump from job to job. So believe this: Curt will stay for three plus years if you have any success. LOL HE WILL BE THE FIRST OUT OF TOWN AND THIS PROCESS WILL REPEAT ITSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Practice what you preach and demand from your students and from athletics.

For someone with no dog in this fight, you sound like you know Jones pretty well. Atleast from the sound of your post. I don't see anything in his history that suggests he is going to jump from job to job, and by all accounts he is looking for a house in the county and would like to make this his home. If you are talking about coaches in general, then I understand your frustration with coaches leaving other programs, but for our sake, I think this guy is trying to find a home here in Meigs, and we will do whatever it takes to make him feel at home. I guess you can post what you said about every school that hires a coach in high school or college, but as far as the one we have right now, we believe in him and he has the full support of our community. Thanks for your concern, but I believe we have found a coach in Jones and he has found a home in Meigs!