Best Southpaws in East Tennessee

tnbaseball2

I didn't attack DB. I support all of NET. Your comments just came across as putting down a good pitcher because he beat your boys. You said he did not hit the homeruns. I'm just saying the difference between Kevin and D-No and Phillip is the others have become baseball only players. Kevin is definitely a three sport player. According to some in the know, he is being recruited as a pitcher/1st baseman and also as a football player. Again, I'm just going on what your radio show said tonight.

BTW, last year the DB faithful said they added 3 mph to the board. D-No hit 91 on the board and everyone said add 3 to it to be accurate. So is it add 3 or delete 3. If so, then Kyle was only at 83 by the radio and I know he is faster than that.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't attack DB. I support all of NET. Your comments just came across as putting down a good pitcher because he beat your boys. You said he did not hit the homeruns. I'm just saying the difference between Kevin and D-No and Phillip is the others have become baseball only players. Kevin is definitely a three sport player. According to some in the know, he is being recruited as a pitcher/1st baseman and also as a football player. Again, I'm just going on what your radio show said tonight.

BTW, last year the DB faithful said they added 3 mph to the board. D-No hit 91 on the board and everyone said add 3 to it to be accurate. So is it add 3 or delete 3. If so, then Kyle was only at 83 by the radio and I know he is faster than that.

The radar gun is calibrated from the press box...you are correct last year was -3 this year +3 can't answer that but the scouts guns are usually correct. They had 87 according to one of them in the know, they were all sitting there. Tennessee Tech, along with the 4 other scouts should have gotten a real good look tonight better than WCU did last week. I want the these guys pitching their best it raises the competition and all the players benifet from more scouts being there.

Please reread my first post. I only state the one DB hit deep for an out tonight would have gotten out of most of the parks in the Big 8.

He is a great 3 sport player. He should be recruited in each. But if it's going to be D1 it's going to be baseball.

I don't know about the gun. I know he was consistently 88-90 last year and this fall he was low 90's by Perfect Game and college scouts I know. Either way, he is pitching well. So is D-No. I just don't know how the gun can change 6 mph in 1 year. I know he has had D1 consideration in football but that is not his future. He is a pitcher/1st baseman. I hope Nathan gets more consideration. I believe he is a D1 prospect as a catcher. He just needs to play with a better summer team to get more notoriety.

Again, I have told everyone. The better the top players do the more it helps everyone. There are players that will be seen while they are watching the top players.

D-No had 13 k's against Tennessee High last night with 2 walks and 3 hits. Just read where Daniel hurt the same ankle that finished his football career. I'm sure Clint Freeman, a lefty headed to ETSU, will throw tonight for Crockett. Should be a great game.

Connell did pitch very well last night. And Kyle Brandon also threw very well for D-B - he had 8 K's. I think the youth of the D-B team showed up last night. You're not going to win many games when you have 14K's, unproductive outs. In fact, D-B had only one batter in their lineup that did not strike out. D-B had a couple opportunities to score but could not get the timely hit when needed. Sometimes you just need to make contact to move runners and score runs. But hopefully the team will grow and learn from this game because there will be plenty more opportunities to face quality pitchers down the road. Lots of ball left to be played.

D-No had 13 k's against Tennessee High last night with 2 walks and 3 hits. Just read where Daniel hurt the same ankle that finished his football career. I'm sure Clint Freeman, a lefty headed to ETSU, will throw tonight for Crockett. Should be a great game.

Pfeifer struck out 16 and threw a complete game shutout against one of the best teams in Florida last week. In two game last week in FL (2-0) he threw 10 innings, struck out 25, and had no ER.

Great job for Phillip. Again, I hope all three succeed. I was there the last time the three were in the same game. Phillip won a 2-1 game with only 3 hits between them. There were a bunch of k's. I wish UT would have recruited them hard and got all three. That would have been a staff to grow with. But oh well. I don't believe UT offered any of them. I know Phillip is going to Vandy and D-No and Connell have not decided.

Great job for Phillip. Again, I hope all three succeed. I was there the last time the three were in the same game. Phillip won a 2-1 game with only 3 hits between them. There were a bunch of k's. I wish UT would have recruited them hard and got all three. That would have been a staff to grow with. But oh well. I don't believe UT offered any of them. I know Phillip is going to Vandy and D-No and Connell have not decided.

Yeah, Raleigh and UT are idiots for not building a bigger pipeline in East TN.. think of what could've been.. Norris, Connell, Pfeifer, Curt Powell, Joey and Nicky Delmonico, Stallings, Cooper, Catapano (know they got him eventually), not to mention all the other great talent at Science Hill, DB, Bearden, Catholic, Halls, etc. Heck, you take those players right now and i guarantee they would be better than what UT has..

Taylor Durand deserves alot of credit. sure, hv and cc are not the best teams hitting wise, but that doesnt mean he is not a great pitcher. he is only a sophmore and lives around 83 mph (give or take) and his offspeed pitches fall off the table. i believe if he continues to work hard and gains 4 or 5 mph by his senior year he will be a d1 prospect.

Taylor Durand deserves alot of credit. sure, hv and cc are not the best teams hitting wise, but that doesnt mean he is not a great pitcher. he is only a sophmore and lives around 83 mph (give or take) and his offspeed pitches fall off the table. i believe if he continues to work hard and gains 4 or 5 mph by his senior year he will be a d1 prospect.

can u please get off this dude seriously he has pitched against nobody so far this year.. if he pitches good tonight against halls he will actually prove himself... i mean he is a sophomore and ur giving him hype without him proving himself.. he is nowhere close to 83 unless ur using ur little bushnell gun

gohard I'm glad you agree. I have heard Durand was around 80 mph.. posts on here claim he is mid 80s, and Williams was definately not mid 80's like majority of these posts on him say. Halls proved themselves to shut down AC's "ace". I look to see the same result with Durand if Halls plays as capable.