Best Southpaws in East Tennessee

tnbaseball2

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Durand, sophomore for Anderson County. 2-0 thus far with 21 SOs. Should be a D1 prospect by the time he's ready to graduate.

all this hype on the kid sayin that he is a D1 prospect but did he even pitch last year at the varisty level?? ive heard mid 80s on the kid but saw him pitch his last outing and was barely throwing 81-82

have to mention phiefer from farragut already committed to vandy.. gibbs has 2 lefties schropshier and willis(etsu signee)..also have to mention dino from science hill prob the best pitcher in the state any class

From East Tn:

1. Pfeifer

2. Kid from Gibbs, Willis maybe?

3. Norris

Everyone on here thinks Norris from SH is some sort of god... he's really not that great unless he's pitching 3-4 innings. He implodes after that, just ask Bearden last year or DC this year.

Collierville has a real good lefty in Austin Anderson as well, anyone from Middle/West TN have any other names?

Taylor Durand, sophomore for Anderson County. 2-0 thus far with 21 SOs. Should be a D1 prospect by the time he's ready to graduate.

all this hype on the kid sayin that he is a D1 prospect but did he even pitch last year at the varisty level?? ive heard mid 80s on the kid but saw him pitch his last outing and was barely throwing 81-82

have to mention phiefer from farragut already committed to vandy.. gibbs has 2 lefties schropshier and willis(etsu signee)..also have to mention dino from science hill prob the best pitcher in the state any class

this must have been an off game for him ive seen the kid throw harder than that? which game are you talking about? against hardin valley i heard he was around 84-85?

Durand is a very good YOUNG lefty. Thomas is pretty good as well. But neither are at the level of Pheiffer, Norris, Willis, or the other Kid from Daniel Boone. I have seen Durand throw 2 times this year, and he is 81-82 at best. I saw it on the stalker. He will be very good, but not close to 84-85 right now. For my money I'm taking Dino, Pheiffer, and Willis in that order. Durand would prob be top 10 lefty only but not near top 5 yet. Also don't forget Owenby from Powell also a soph. lefty in the 81-82 range with really good stuff. He would also be ahead of Durand right now based on his experience at the Varsity Level last year and he is Powell's #1.

Durand has pitched against Hardin Valley and Campbell County. The two Weakest teams Anderson County will square off against. I will beleive he has "improved" and that he is "D1" when I see his performance against Halls.. a team that will light him up. Not a team he will strikeout 15 plus batters.

Halls is a mediocre at best team, just look at their schedule!!! It's laughable at the least and 4 of their 7 wins come over a terrible karns team, and two terrible morristown teams. Farragut would beat this pathetic team into a pulp, especially if Pfiefer pitched. Those "studs" from texas couldn't hold Pfiefer, Delmonico, Bennett, or Williams jockstrap. Have fun losing in region yet again.

Wed Mar. 17 at Powell D W 1-0

Fri Mar. 19 Jefferson Co. N Hardball Classic at Morristown West W 13-5

Fri Mar. 19 Grainger N Hardball Classic at Jefferson Co. W 13-1

Sat Mar. 20 at #20 Morristown West Hardball Classic W 9-1

Sat Mar. 20 at Morristown East Hardball Classic W 12-2

Tue Mar. 23 at Karns D W 8-7

Wed Mar. 24 Karns D W 17-1