Kedren Johnson AA Mr. Basketball?

MC1992

If Kedren doesn't get Mr. Basketball something is wrong. You can't always go by stats because the three finalist don't play the same same schedule. With that said, Jalen Steele didn't show me anything against Bolivar and that will probably do him in. I don't know much about the Lester Wilson kid, but I do know that Maplewood thumped them. If your truly going to pick a Mr. Basketball winner he should be the leader of your team and Kedren takes that by a long shot. If anybody was at the Marshall Co./Bolivar game when Kedren fouled out, and heard the Bolivar fans cheering. You would truly know what kind of impact this kid has on a game. He doesn't have to score 40 points to make a difference, he just does it all. He's been consistant all year regardless the venue. He plays the same night in and night out. I just haven't seen him rattled at all. He always want the ball in his hands regardless of the situation. So talented, so poised, and just a junior. Congrats to Jalen and Lester, but Kedren should be your AA Mr. Basketball winner.

My understanding is that the state tourney has no impact on the Mr. Basketball award whatsoever. The fella has already been picked before the games are played.

Also, I saw Kedren Johnson play yesterday. He's good, but I was not overly impressed with him. He's six foot four, and he can handle the ball. I wish he was on my high school's team. But, I really dont think that he's a slam dunk for the Mr. Basketball award like you think.

I don't think he's a slam dunk to win it, just think he's the better player. What do you need to go by, points, assists, rebounds, etc? I've never understood the whole voting process or who even gets to vote. I don't think Kedren is averaging more points than the other two, but I'll bet he has more scholarship offers, and to me that says a lot about a player. I'm willing to bet that major D1 schools have more of an eye for talent than most fans that post on here. You don't get major D1 offers as a sophomore or junior without being special. With that said, Kedren Johnson(Marshall County) gets my vote, but my vote doesn't count. Good luck to all!!!!!!

I watched Kedren yesterday against Bolivar. The dude is ALOT better than I expected him to be. He might be better than Steele by the end of next year, but not right now. I look for Kedren to bring Marshall Co. back next year and probably win a state championship. I'm glad Bolivar won, but hated to see him get knocked out of the tournament.