Knox Central Boys coach, Matt Mercer, stepping down..

Turtle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Lindsay is a great coach, but times have changed and kids do not like some of his methods that worked 10 years ago.. I agree that he is a good coach but this would be the wrong fit! Dre would surely leave if this hired happened... We should find out son who is in the top 5 for this job.

I agree with you Lebron.. However, my question is why is everyone posting something about Dre leaving? I thought this was High School not college... hahah But Coach Lindsey likes that slow tempo and I think the Central players are geared more toward the up tempo style.. So will Coach Lindsey adapt to the team or will he be like Kevin O'neil and make them run his style?

Mitchell was at Carter for only 2 years after winning championships at LC. He took over a three win team in august and without a major influx of talent won 7 in his first season then won 15 his second year with close losses in Feb. to fulton, a-e and a brandon warrren led alcoa team. So what is your problem with that track record. He also was the first coach at Carter to get all the best players from Carter Middle to come to the high school so I guess they related to him well. Dominique Minor went to fulton when he left Carter. He left before he could enjoy the base he had laid.

So what are you talking about?

By the way ask Jody Wright or any other good coach and they will let you know that when you see a good coach you also will see great talent. Jody wears rings because of those great players the last few years and some of them were transfers. Mitchell helped him win one of those states.

Mercer had four college prospects on his team and I think three have signed. Now they are all gone so whoever gets the job will have to coachem' up. Good coaches seem to have good players.

turtle, lindsey was no slow down coach when i played against him...his "rebel runts" would press and push the tempo for 32 minutes. dry.gif

Ok what year was that? Because I know when Coach Lindsey coached at West when I was there(shhhhh, GO AE) it was slow tempo. I remember the scores of 29-25... or 31-21.. That's slow tempo come on now.. I know Dre wants to run and run and run.... I think Coach Mitchell of AE should go to Central, I think he could lead them to the state.. Just my opinion. ALso my opinion, I think Coach M. Mitchell would do a good job too