Move to 43 feet

Antwan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy has beaten 3 teams teams bya combined score of 38-0 so far, GPS 8-0, Ooltewah 15-0 and Cleveland 15-0. Is that exciting?

I'm sorry that soddy is so much better than everyone their playing, but i saw two games this past weekend that were very close and had homeruns that either tied or won the games to me thats exciting and i expect to see more games like that when it gets into the regionals and beyond :roflolk:

I believe we see an improvement in the players hitting this then in the past. I believe going back to 43 feet is going to help the hitters. Strong pitchers that are going to college later will find this will be a great help going through this now then after high school is over. This change will be difficult for some pitchers for awhile but everything will balance out toward the end of the season. :roflolk::roll:

From what i have seen balls are being hit harder. This rule change was made to protect pitchers but i think it has made it more dangerous for pitchers especially the lesser pitchers. Other than that i really like the increase in scoring. it really makes the games more exciting. :roflolk:

I don't think that the move was to protect the pitcher. I believe it was made to be consistent with other organizations. As far as protecting the pitcher, my daughter says if you don't want a hard hit ball coming back at you, don't throw it over the middle of the plate!

Soddy has beaten 3 teams teams bya combined score of 38-0 so far, GPS 8-0, Ooltewah 15-0 and Cleveland 15-0. Is that exciting?

I'm sorry that soddy is so much better than everyone their playing, but i saw two games this past weekend that were very close and had homeruns that either tied or won the games to me thats exciting and i expect to see more games like that when it gets into the regionals and beyond :roflolk:

You don't have to apologize to me about soddy daisy. I just wish that we (Ooltewah) didn't have to play them all the time.

PEOPLE!!! ITS ONLY 3 FEET WHATS THE BIG DEAL??? from 10u to 12u they have to go back 5 feet and throw a bigger ball.... :cry:

Great Post!!! :roflolk:

It has not been very interesting reading post's on this topic since this ruling came out from the t$$aa!!

Bottom line folks- The better pitchers are still going to be the better pitchers! The not so good pitchers are STILL going to be the not so good pitchers??? maybe a few more balls will get put in play but THAT IS IT!!! Let it go?

:oops:

:roll:

When boys enter middle school, they pitch from 60 feet and 6 inches from then until pros with the same size ball. Softball girls can make that same jump as well and be ready for their future. Boys who can’t handle the game get rocked, girls welcome to equality. Become better pitchers or coaches prepare a better defensive team behind her.