York Football... Where is it headed??

hilhamhound

Hound:

When did the Lizards get the gold?

My question is, have you had a winning season since? I believe that you guys let that one go to your head quite a bit! Since when is beating a team that is in a lower class, that you also think is an inferior team, and you also think is below average a measuring stick for your program. Keep those expectations high!! LOL :angry:

It would be nice to have 9+ competent coaches to work your program, instead of 4 or less year in and year out. What York does with what they have to work with is impressive for both players and coaches. The nicest thing about York football is the field. The locker room is rundown, the weight room rundown, the stadium rundown, and the track rundown and nothing the coaches or players can do about any of it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way things are looking, you may not even have four soon. :hungry: "Hey Bubba, you wanna coach? Why I surely do coach. Can I make that there Dragon catch fire too?" :thumb:

You sound like you have been drinking too much of that sewer run-off water. You sure sound like a coach from livingston, maybe out of the curtis hayes litter. Gotta start somewhere I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Well let's put it this way since you don't believe it. The stadium will be built and the field house will be renovated regardless of whether or not York is state funded next year and you can take that to the bank. As for Livingston winning by thirty......the bigs had their mud to save them this year next year won't be the same story. Coach Lamb could have came to York and played on a decent field but knew the mud was the only chance the pigs had to win, and he was right and it paid off. There was no mud in the playoffs though was there and the results speak for themselves.

You mean YAI never played in mud before? LAME. And why would Lamb give up a home game and travel to York? thats ignorant.

I read the other day that the State of Tennessee would no longer be funding York Institute. I just wonder how this will effect the Lizards on the hill now that they are on a level playing field with the rest of the State.... I would say that their days of having an even 'slighty' competetive football team are over.

Just today, 6th, Governor Bredesen agreeded to keep YAI under the care of the state for two more years.

• 2 weeks later...

For the ignorant Livingston fan...the people of Tennessee wanted to honor the country's most decorated World War I hero by taking over the school which he built with the money he raised including mortgaging his home. The school has been honored as an outstanding school nationally. It is where the State of Tennessee develops programs to be used statewide. Perhaps without HEROS like Sgt. York, you would be speaking German now. The people of Fentress County pay state taxes like everyone else and pay our share of this state institute. Any student in the state can come here as well. Every year York has gotten better over the last few years. Last year's team was supposed to be a rebuilding year and they went to the semifinals of the state and led unbeaten Milan late into the 3rd quarter. Knocking our excellent program doesn't make LA look any better.

For the ignorant Livingston fan...the people of Tennessee wanted to honor the country's most decorated World War I hero by taking over the school which he built with the money he raised including mortgaging his home. The school has been honored as an outstanding school nationally. It is where the State of Tennessee develops programs to be used statewide. Perhaps without HEROS like Sgt. York, you would be speaking German now. The people of Fentress County pay state taxes like everyone else and pay our share of this state institute. Any student in the state can come here as well. Every year York has gotten better over the last few years. Last year's team was supposed to be a rebuilding year and they went to the semifinals of the state and led unbeaten Milan late into the 3rd quarter. Knocking our excellent program doesn't make LA look any better.

We are all aware of the great things Sgt. York did and we are all very grateful. Especially on a weekend like this weekend. :popcorneater: