York Football... Where is it headed??

hilhamhound

So who won this Battle of the Titans anyway?? :popcorneater::thumb:Well there "hounddog" we scored on their defense & they scored on a turnover. I know you probably really dislike York being from LA but is there some reason that you are being disrespectful to Oneida? We don't play you & haven't in a very long time. What makes you think your team is such a "Titan" to be being so sarcastic about either of these teams? Why don't you go crawl back in your doghouse?[/color]

You are correct to assume that since I am from LA that I really dislike York. I am sorry if I offended you with my sarcasim, maybe this color would be better for your next post since you are so sensitive.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like it then don't read it. :popcorneater: All I am saying is that Monterey and Onieda probably isn't a good measuring stick for the success or lack of success for York next season. Sorry if you don't agree INJUN.

Don't know anything about Monterey so I'll have no comments about that. As for Oneida, well they always have a well put together team, some years better than others as with any program but Oneida has made the playoffs year in & year out. The last 3 years have been second round or later. If Oneida is such a poor choice then your beloved LA made the same poor choice in '08. Now I know the past is the past but that's not fifteen years ago that was just the season before last. York & Oneida have been having spring scrimmages & 7 on 7 for several years now & regardless of outcome the next year they always schedule each other again. That is more than I can say for LA after they got waxed a couple springs ago. Best of luck & stay safe.

If you don't like it then don't read it. :popcorneater: All I am saying is that Monterey and Onieda probably isn't a good measuring stick for the success or lack of success for York next season. Sorry if you don't agree INJUN.

Don't know anything about Monterey so I'll have no comments about that. As for Oneida, well they always have a well put together team, some years better than others as with any program but Oneida has made the playoffs year in & year out. The last 3 years have been second round or later. If Oneida is such a poor choice then your beloved LA made the same poor choice in '08. Now I know the past is the past but that's not fifteen years ago that was just the season before last. York & Oneida have been having spring scrimmages & 7 on 7 for several years now & regardless of outcome the next year they always schedule each other again. That is more than I can say for LA after they got waxed a couple springs ago. Best of luck & stay safe.

In '08 LA was in the middle of the 3 worst seasons they had had in decades. I can't speak for the coaching staff at that time but I would think that is the reason they scheduled Oneida and Clay County. I wish we played both of those teams in the regular season. Sure would help in the W column.

In '08 LA was in the middle of the 3 worst seasons they had had in decades. I can't speak for the coaching staff at that time but I would think that is the reason they scheduled Oneida and Clay County. I wish we played both of those teams in the regular season. Sure would help in the W column.

OK :thumb: always an excuse huh? As for regular season, I personally would LOVE to see it also. You have a great summer & an even better fall, best of luck to the LA program, y'all get that well oiled powerhouse team ready. We're gonna see if we can find a football to practice with up here & maybe a couple of helmets we can share. :thumb:

If you don't like it then don't read it. :roflol: All I am saying is that Monterey and Onieda probably isn't a good measuring stick for the success or lack of success for York next season. Sorry if you don't agree INJUN.

No I don't like it when I have a son & several other family members playing on this team & you can bet I'll call you out when you belittle all their hard work while you probably can't even get off your couch to go get another soda & bag of chips. :roflol: Oneida is just as good a measuring stick for York as any of the rest of the schools in York's region are. We have NEVER had any problem playing & competing with schools bigger than us so don't talk about our boys like they're barely good enough to even line up much less be any good. :roflol:

If you don't like it then don't read it. :roflol: All I am saying is that Monterey and Onieda probably isn't a good measuring stick for the success or lack of success for York next season. Sorry if you don't agree INJUN.

No I don't like it when I have a son & several other family members playing on this team & you can bet I'll call you out when you belittle all their hard work while you probably can't even get off your couch to go get another soda & bag of chips. :roflol: Oneida is just as good a measuring stick for York as any of the rest of the schools in York's region are. We have NEVER had any problem playing & competing with schools bigger than us so don't talk about our boys like they're barely good enough to even line up much less be any good. :roflol:

I haven't belittled anyone's hard work. I played football for a long time and I know exactly how much hard work goes into it. Quit being such a baby and taking everything personally. :roflol: Obviously, UT wouldn't brag about scrimmaging Tennessee Tech so why would York brag about scrimmaging Oneida? That's all I'm saying. You take offense to something that wasn't even bashing your team. York is a bigger school and 'should' wax your team but they didn't according to you. Congrats! If you can't understand that then maybe you should do some more sports research. Bottom line is 'if' York doesn't handle Oneida and Monterey pretty easy then York is underachieving and Oneida is overachieving.

I haven't belittled anyone's hard work. I played football for a long time and I know exactly how much hard work goes into it. Quit being such a baby and taking everything personally. :roflol: Obviously, UT wouldn't brag about scrimmaging Tennessee Tech so why would York brag about scrimmaging Oneida? That's all I'm saying. You take offense to something that wasn't even bashing your team. York is a bigger school and 'should' wax your team but they didn't according to you. Congrats! If you can't understand that then maybe you should do some more sports research. Bottom line is 'if' York doesn't handle Oneida and Monterey pretty easy then York is underachieving and Oneida is overachieving.

Well that's how you came across to me but if it was misunderstood then let's just drop it. I wasn't being a baby. I was defending my boys. For the record, it's a rare occasion that York has handled us pretty easy & they still manage to field a good team in most years. :roflol:

To answer your question Loki, they scrimmaged nobody. They're a team from southern middle Tennessee with a school about the size of York--same quality team, too.

Glad to see so much interest in the program at York. Maybe when the state stops paying for it, all you supporters in and around Jamestown can take leadership and pay for it.

It is what it is, and that means there is a rivalry in my area. To think that anyone around here is going to have something positive to say about the school, athletics, etc., would be totally stupid. I'm a proud American, and I appreciate the man that did what he did. But, you'll never hear me appreciate that school.

Opinions? Thoughts? Comments? Rag away lizards. :roflol: