1st Annual Kentucky/Tennessee Future Stars Football Classic

CoachT

It is quite clear that you have a personal beef with one or more of the coaches that organized this event. You need to get off these threads and face the coach or coaches for which you harbor ill will. Attacking them from your key board is useless and most importantly, destructive for the kids.

There are no personal beefs at all....let me just break it down...this is great for the kids....but its not there fault that we have coaches in the area doing whatever they can to recruit players....what happened when players when to the school they were zoned for and had fun....coaches changed that for selfish reasons and noone on here can deny that....so with all that said everyone knows who these people are (not just me), so here is a kind warning, it's about to hit the fan....and you rockytop are about to prob get alot questions....i have actually probably done the wrong thing and prepared you...so you can thank me later...nonetheless hope all the kids do well....but tssaa is looking into this.....so it is already getting looked at!!!!good luck to all the coaches who were involved.....

Thanks for the good luck wish to the kids and coaches, same 2 u. Also, thanks for the heads up Catcall but we aren't worried who looks into this, we have nothing to hide, we did nothing wrong, I can ASSURE everyone NO rules, NO by-laws were broken, so therefore any and everyone can look into it, they can send down TSSAA, NCAA, NFL, Secret Service I don't care and the further they keep looking the more clear it will be that this was a great thing for the kids and there was NO wrong doing. Nothing will hit the fan b/c nothing wrong was done, we have NO worries.

I'll say one last time, don't you think if it were about recruiting, we would have just had ONE school do everything instead of getting several schools involved??? An example: and maybe this is a poor one but lets say U of Alabama (Nick Saban) does a elite camp (we all know those are for recruiting purposes), its for Alabama only, he won't invite Dooley & Meyer to help him work his camp. My point here is we would have only let one school work the drills if we had recruiting in mind.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me just say this 1 last time...there were rules broken and the by laws do not cover all the rules from the TSSAA...that is fact...and to Scots50 I have spoke my piece many times on this subject and the coaches that I have said this to know...but for the kids sake I hope you broke no rules and hope the high school coaches that attended and/or worked the camp I hope they checked with their ADs and TSSAA about the rules...well in closing I would like to say that I know 1 local high school coach that was on the email list and did not attend and his exact words were, "It just sounds fishy to me with who is involved!"...do you know who that is Rocytopfootball...and by the way I am just wondering are you sure it is legal for and Middle School coach that coaches in a sanctioned Middle School league can coach an all-star team? I hope you checked that?

Well let me just say this 1 last time...there were rules broken and the by laws do not cover all the rules from the TSSAA...that is fact...and to Scots50 I have spoke my piece many times on this subject and the coaches that I have said this to know...but for the kids sake I hope you broke no rules and hope the high school coaches that attended and/or worked the camp I hope they checked with their ADs and TSSAA about the rules...well in closing I would like to say that I know 1 local high school coach that was on the email list and did not attend and his exact words were, "It just sounds fishy to me with who is involved!"...do you know who that is Rocytopfootball...and by the way I am just wondering are you sure it is legal for and Middle School coach that coaches in a sanctioned Middle School league can coach an all-star team? I hope you checked that?

So now there is un-written rules; this gets better with age... I assure u NO rules were broken not the first one whether it be written or not. I know that seems to disappoint you but nothing wrong was done; I know you wish for a great event for the kids to just blow up in everyone's face but its not gonna happen - we've already been contacted from two other states high school coaches asking us to organize something like this for their states - someone sees some good in this.. That's that coaches opinion and thats all cool, like I mentioned before ALL the successful programs are on-board so we're good, if some of the "other" programs aren't on-board thats unfortunate for their kids sake but we'll survive just fine. There is nothing fishy, shady, etc about what I'm involved with, EVERYTHING I am involved with fooball wise is first class and u can't dispute that!!!

And just FYI, K.P.S. DID months of re-search, homework, etc on this event. There was NO stone un-turned when planning for this. I know that disappoints u! It wasn't thought of and put together overnight. Just like the GOOD and successful high school coaches are invited to coach in high school all-star games the middle school coaches have the same privaledge. They all felt "honored" that KPS selected them to coach; middle school coaches don't get much glory so this was a good way for them to feel good about there success...

So now there is un-written rules; this gets better with age... I assure u NO rules were broken not the first one whether it be written or not. I know that seems to disappoint you but nothing wrong was done; I know you wish for a great event for the kids to just blow up in everyone's face but its not gonna happen - we've already been contacted from two other states high school coaches asking us to organize something like this for their states - someone sees some good in this.. That's that coaches opinion and thats all cool, like I mentioned before ALL the successful programs are on-board so we're good, if some of the "other" programs aren't on-board thats unfortunate for their kids sake but we'll survive just fine. There is nothing fishy, shady, etc about what I'm involved with, EVERYTHING I am involved with fooball wise is first class and u can't dispute that!!!

And just FYI, K.P.S. DID months of re-search, homework, etc on this event. There was NO stone un-turned when planning for this. I know that disappoints u! It wasn't thought of and put together overnight. Just like the GOOD and successful high school coaches are invited to coach in high school all-star games the middle school coaches have the same privaledge. They all felt "honored" that KPS selected them to coach; middle school coaches don't get much glory so this was a good way for them to feel good about there success...

Maybe you dont understand what I am saying...I am not talking about Nick Saban or High School Coaches coaching Graduating kids in All-Star games...Let me put it in some different words...the coach that was sent the email was not successful? Why send him the email? Doesnt make sense...you back pedal with the best of them...and also you tell me this sense you seem to keep telling me the same things over and over...what about HIGH SCHOOL coaches working the camp around kids that are not from their area middle school...and tell me how this works sense you bring up college coaches.

Do COLLEGE COACHES get to coach graduating seniors in college games? I dont think so. So tell me how this is any different? Sense you have all the answers why did considered the best coach in the STATE of TENNESSEE not work the camp? Funny how that worked out?

Maybe you dont understand what I am saying...I am not talking about Nick Saban or High School Coaches coaching Graduating kids in All-Star games...Let me put it in some different words...the coach that was sent the email was not successful? Why send him the email? Doesnt make sense...you back pedal with the best of them...and also you tell me this sense you seem to keep telling me the same things over and over...what about HIGH SCHOOL coaches working the camp around kids that are not from their area middle school...and tell me how this works sense you bring up college coaches.

Do COLLEGE COACHES get to coach graduating seniors in college games? I dont think so. So tell me how this is any different? Sense you have all the answers why did considered the best coach in the STATE of TENNESSEE not work the camp? Funny how that worked out?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either. I haven't back pedaled since little league football practice 30 years ago. Remember little technology one on one - text, emails, message boards, etc don't show experessions. I haven't back pedaled on ANYTHING!!! When you talk facts, truth, etc you have no reason to back pedal!!! Read a little more carefully next time. WOW u keep on throwing out wrong info - man you need some more closer resources, the best High School Coach in our state was ASKED to help but he had a prior commitment but one of his assistants were there. We sought out and asked the best to help, asked for advice, etc. we even asked some programs coaches who weren't as successful to help out. Here were three of the things we wanted in the help we had: 1) we wanted good character 2) we wanted guys from around the state 3) we wanted good programs involved and guess what we went 3-for-3 there (batted a .1000 in baseball terms). There were a few former Vols players & coaches there, they don't even coach or anything - so please tell me there "motive" for coming out, what was there motive since u have the answers. I NEVER said we only asked the successful programs, I stated "ALL the successful programs are on-board with this in our area". So please don't put words in my mouth - I haven't put any in yours. We just started with the successful programs b/c we knew with them on-board it would get others involved - little marketing strategy... We had some programs involved who aren't are successful but there good people.

There is NO high school coach going to be coaching in the All-Star Game so your point above is off point as has been your accusations. All the coaches for the All-Star team are Middle School Coaches or ex Vols (one or the other). Whats wrong with that??? Exactly, nothing...... College coaches coach the heck out of the kids at their camps...

Catcall I will say this has been kinda entertaining and computer fun going back and forth - I feel like I missed my call on the debate team lol. But lets move past this, you blew it way out of proporation, this was a good thing - u will have 292 young athlete witnesses u can ask, ask the 90 who made the team and see how happy they will be after Camp Week - u have 90 young men in your state that are THRILLED, u should see some of the feedback we've gotten - they feel like NFL stars, that should make u feel that we have good folks in our state that is willing to VOLUNTEER there efforts to make things successful.. Do u honestly think the SUCCESSFUL programs would help out and involved themselves if it was shady, fishy, etc.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying either. I haven't back pedaled since little league football practice 30 years ago. Remember little technology one on one - text, emails, message boards, etc don't show experessions. I haven't back pedaled on ANYTHING!!! When you talk facts, truth, etc you have no reason to back pedal!!! Read a little more carefully next time. WOW u keep on throwing out wrong info - man you need some more closer resources, the best High School Coach in our state was ASKED to help but he had a prior commitment but one of his assistants were there. We sought out and asked the best to help, asked for advice, etc. we even asked some programs coaches who weren't as successful to help out. Here were three of the things we wanted in the help we had: 1) we wanted good character 2) we wanted guys from around the state 3) we wanted good programs involved and guess what we went 3-for-3 there (batted a .1000 in baseball terms). There were a few former Vols players & coaches there, they don't even coach or anything - so please tell me there "motive" for coming out, what was there motive since u have the answers. I NEVER said we only asked the successful programs, I stated "ALL the successful programs are on-board with this in our area". So please don't put words in my mouth - I haven't put any in yours. We just started with the successful programs b/c we knew with them on-board it would get others involved - little marketing strategy... We had some programs involved who aren't are successful but there good people.

There is NO high school coach going to be coaching in the All-Star Game so your point above is off point as has been your accusations. All the coaches for the All-Star team are Middle School Coaches or ex Vols (one or the other). Whats wrong with that??? Exactly, nothing...... College coaches coach the heck out of the kids at their camps...

Catcall I will say this has been kinda entertaining and computer fun going back and forth - I feel like I missed my call on the debate team lol. But lets move past this, you blew it way out of proporation, this was a good thing - u will have 292 young athlete witnesses u can ask, ask the 90 who made the team and see how happy they will be after Camp Week - u have 90 young men in your state that are THRILLED, u should see some of the feedback we've gotten - they feel like NFL stars, that should make u feel that we have good folks in our state that is willing to VOLUNTEER there efforts to make things successful.. Do u honestly think the SUCCESSFUL programs would help out and involved themselves if it was shady, fishy, etc.

Ok lets talk facts...how do you plan on outfitting all the kids since there are 90 kids on this team with Shoulder pads, helmets, and jerseys and things like that with only $7500? Ok give me some facts? How about you said in earlier post you said that coaches VOLUNTEERED for the clinic and now you said you asked the proclaimed BEST coach in the State...which one is it...did they volunteer or were they asked?

Also I hope that the kids have a ton of fun and hope they win and do really well...but once again you said that you are doing this for the kids and how about 2 other states wanting your help in doing this in their state...is it money or for the kids? Well I am also glad that there were some former UT Vols there to help and think that is awesome for the kids! But with all that said what is in it for you...are helping coach or are you just gonna be a fan or what?

Once again what team do you coach for or do you not coach here in Knoxville...if no rules were broken and no one is recruiting why do you only answere the questions that have no real punitive meaning to them and just answer politically correct. Well in closing I will say that I dont agree with what happened and if only Middle School coaches or just UT guys worked the camp it would be great and no opinions would have been formed! Thanks and have a nice day!

Scots50 is a father who took his son to the event, paid a very reasonable $25, and enjoyed watching his son compete and do well. I also enjoyed talking to the parents of other children I know. No one approached me or my son and tried to recruit. Further, I was there over four hours and I never saw anything close to all the supposed recruiting evil you claim. Lastly, the only rule I may have broke was turning right off Kingston Pike without a signal!

Looking at your handle, I am beginning to suspect that you are a young kid. You sure act like one if not. You might have some creditability if you had showed up and saw what happened firsthand instead of the make believe world you live in.

Ok lets talk facts...how do you plan on outfitting all the kids since there are 90 kids on this team with Shoulder pads, helmets, and jerseys and things like that with only $7500? Ok give me some facts? How about you said in earlier post you said that coaches VOLUNTEERED for the clinic and now you said you asked the proclaimed BEST coach in the State...which one is it...did they volunteer or were they asked?

Also I hope that the kids have a ton of fun and hope they win and do really well...but once again you said that you are doing this for the kids and how about 2 other states wanting your help in doing this in their state...is it money or for the kids? Well I am also glad that there were some former UT Vols there to help and think that is awesome for the kids! But with all that said what is in it for you...are helping coach or are you just gonna be a fan or what?

Once again what team do you coach for or do you not coach here in Knoxville...if no rules were broken and no one is recruiting why do you only answere the questions that have no real punitive meaning to them and just answer politically correct. Well in closing I will say that I dont agree with what happened and if only Middle School coaches or just UT guys worked the camp it would be great and no opinions would have been formed! Thanks and have a nice day!

I'll provide all the facts u need Cat. The kids provide their own equipment, KPS buys the game uniforms and provides the nice charter buses to travel in to Kentucky. They were asked to volunteer there time!!! What I meant as volunteered is the coaches who worked the camp were not compensated, they did it b/c they are good people. When you are a good person and treat people right good people don't mind to jump on board and help you out and thats what happened here. The kids loved knowing they were being coached by some guys who played in the NFL. If you could read my emails and see all the great feedback we got from coaches and parents u would have a different take on this I assure u. Did you watch the highlight video "Cat" - did you see the two ids interview, could you not see the excitement on there face and in their voice; they were from Cleveland & Chattanooga - they had a blast! As one of there coaches said "after watching the video he feels like a star now seeing himself on the internet". Shouldn't you be happy for those young men, the 90 athletes who made the team - there having newspaper write-ups all across the state promoting that kids made the team. Some great early exposure for the kids.... U should be happy for those kids not trying to wish the event that they so want to be a part of would go away.

I'll answer any question u can drum up - I have nothing to hide and nothing to dodge. I can assure you the best coach in the state was asked to help out (I think we all know who that is, here is a hint its a no brainer), he had a prior commitment and couldn't attend so we took next best thing from him, ideas on how to structure the day, etc. He gave us some great advice!! He was VERY helpful even loaned us some equipment (dummies, cones, etc) to use to work the camp. As did a few other schools loan us equipment to use.

What's in it for me is alot of work and no pay but its for the kids and when its for them I don't mind to help!! How u gonna ask what I team coach but said earlier "I know who you u are and what you do so u better watch your butt". You make personal threats for the world to see then ask - who are u??

If it were for money we would have charged a whole lot more than $25, considering we had alot of expenses to host this. The kids even got a t-shirt for the $25 - we didn't have one dollar sponsored for this event. I understand you don't agree we weren't asking for your approval, but there's no need to knock some guys who are doing great things in all of our communities for kids.

Scotts50 we appreciate you sending your kid out, we hope he had a good experience. "Cat" read some of his comments he wasn't part of the staff and he's telling you what happened from a front row seat.

Since you've asked me 100+ questions I want to ask u one if u don't mind - how will the Cats be this year?? Going to be a repeat of past few years or back to glory days? Just curious...

Next round of questions Cat; I hope I answered these for you in a way you approve of...

Well if I could tell you how good we were gonna be I would be making millions...but I think we will be improved this year and thanks for answering the questions and and just 1 more question...

How the falcons gonna be this year...they going to continue their slide or are they going to improve...with all that talent they should win every game in that region!!!

Well if I could tell you how good we were gonna be I would be making millions...but I think we will be improved this year and thanks for answering the questions and and just 1 more question...

How the falcons gonna be this year...they going to continue their slide or are they going to improve...with all that talent they should win every game in that region!!![/quote}

Well thats good, hopefully u guys will get the ship sailing in the other direction (ya'll had it rolling for so long), I got a few former players over there w/ you guys and know couple of your coaches so I always wish them the best, never like to see anyone struggle especially former players - b/c when they leave us there is two things for sure 1) they are truly prepared for HS ball 2) they are use to winning (although that one is irrevelant) but to kids it means alot. Just keeping working the kids hard and good things find you.

The Falcons should be fine, been too busy to go check on them this off-season they should have alot of SR's this year who has played alot last two seasons. They'll be experienced; this year should be back contending if can stay healthy. Our region does have some bottom feeders NO doubt but couple good teams too, but we can't control who is in our conference. That's why coach schedules tough non region games. Just like in our 8th Grade league, we can't help who is on our Knox Co schedule, so we go out and schedule the toughest out of area games and scrimmages we can find, we don't hunt for trophies we hunt for competition b/c it helps our kids down the road!

Good luck!!!

I think this event was a great experience for the kids that participated in this event. The problems I have is I don't think it was necessary to charge $25. I played in the Tennessee vs, Kentucky all star game when i was in school and I didn't try out or pay one dime to play in that game. We had a kid from the team that I coach selected to play in the East /West game a couple of years ago and it didn't cost him a dime to play in it and he definitely did not have to try out. The selection process should have been the same as it is in high school or the coaches in that particular region should have got to pick or vote players from that region to represent in the game. A lot of teams represented don't even play middle school ball; what I mean by that is that they are not recognized as a representative of that school. At the high school level you rarely see more than two players selected from one team, this team had 5 from Maryville and I think 3 on the 7th grade team. I understand paying for expenses but i know for sure that the guys that came up with this did not do it out of the kindness of their heart. Basically all of the other 200 plus kids that didn't make it are footing the bill for the ones who did make it. A team should have been selected like it is at every other all star game at every other level and the players who made it should have been charged a fee if things like uniforms and transportation could not be provided.Finally I understand a kid going into the 8th grade playing in this game but not a kid who starts summer training with their high school teams in 3 weeks. Middle school football is a stepping stone to get to the high school level, their season has been over with for almost 7 months. I know in the district that I teach in those kids are officially high school kids after may 21st. I coach high school ball and I can tell you right now if I had a promising 8th grade kid coming in that could possibly help or contribute and they go up there and play in a game and get hurt I would not be to happy about it. I mean they hadnt put on pads or hit in 7 months, and they only get 3 days to prepare.

I think this event was a great experience for the kids that participated in this event. The problems I have is I don't think it was necessary to charge $25. I played in the Tennessee vs, Kentucky all star game when i was in school and I didn't try out or pay one dime to play in that game. We had a kid from the team that I coach selected to play in the East /West game a couple of years ago and it didn't cost him a dime to play in it and he definitely did not have to try out. The selection process should have been the same as it is in high school or the coaches in that particular region should have got to pick or vote players from that region to represent in the game. A lot of teams represented don't even play middle school ball; what I mean by that is that they are not recognized as a representative of that school. At the high school level you rarely see more than two players selected from one team, this team had 5 from Maryville and I think 3 on the 7th grade team. I understand paying for expenses but i know for sure that the guys that came up with this did not do it out of the kindness of their heart. Basically all of the other 200 plus kids that didn't make it are footing the bill for the ones who did make it. A team should have been selected like it is at every other all star game at every other level and the players who made it should have been charged a fee if things like uniforms and transportation could not be provided.Finally I understand a kid going into the 8th grade playing in this game but not a kid who starts summer training with their high school teams in 3 weeks. Middle school football is a stepping stone to get to the high school level, their season has been over with for almost 7 months. I know in the district that I teach in those kids are officially high school kids after may 21st. I coach high school ball and I can tell you right now if I had a promising 8th grade kid coming in that could possibly help or contribute and they go up there and play in a game and get hurt I would not be to happy about it. I mean they hadnt put on pads or hit in 7 months, and they only get 3 days to prepare.

AMEN!!