Burt Snow to resign

To answer the question asked by jrice. Coach B in all his time as a head football coach at the highschool level has won only three games vs teams with a record above .500. However the season in which they made it to quaters in the playoffs they came in third in the region and by far and away had the best team. Its not even close and yes they had more talent than jcs that year. I am not sure they would of beaten fa if fa didnt have the injury problems that they had going into the game. But i wont discredit what lc did because it was a win. But still only three wins vs teams better than .500 is not great. Coach pel had two wins against teams with better than .500 record in one season. Coach snow had one win vs teams with better than .500 record. But I thought that lc was suppose to be way down in 09 because of all the talent they lost the season before. Looks like lc will be back to running the veer and done throwing the ball all over the field.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jrice just a coulpe of facts for ya since you concerned with Coach Barger's first tenure at LC. 1st The year before his arrival the falcons were 0-10, finished the year with 18 football players and even had rumblings in the community of dropping football if they could not be more competitive. During his 4 years they were 3-7, 8-3, 8-3, 9-4. In his last year they were in the quarterfinals and basically a 4th and 12 completion against JCS from being in the state championship game. Oh yeah, they happened to beat fayette Acad., who was odds on favorite to represent west tn. in championship, and TCA in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. Those qualify as teams with winning records for ya? 2nd during his tenure LC got a new fieldhouse, began a little league program and started an offseason conditioning and lifting program. He was a key part of bringing LC bac to relevance in football. Neither coach that has been there since faced what Coach B faced when he took over. No offense to those guys but a credit to the community, administration and coaching staff of LC when Coach B was there before.

Come on Coach B we knew things were down when you were there the 1st time but you did get the best JR high team LC has seen in 20 years. There are no Springer, Valentine, Mills, Copeland, JOnes or Yancy coming for several years. ANd just like last time you are probably going to lose a Flowers to DC. all that is irrelevant you work hard, you cannot help the region you play in that is why the wins against teams above 500 are not there. Support for football has always been at LC you just know how to make things happen.

jrice just a coulpe of facts for ya since you concerned with Coach Barger's first tenure at LC. 1st The year before his arrival the falcons were 0-10, finished the year with 18 football players and even had rumblings in the community of dropping football if they could not be more competitive. During his 4 years they were 3-7, 8-3, 8-3, 9-4. In his last year they were in the quarterfinals and basically a 4th and 12 completion against JCS from being in the state championship game. Oh yeah, they happened to beat fayette Acad., who was odds on favorite to represent west tn. in championship, and TCA in the 1st two rounds of the playoffs. Those qualify as teams with winning records for ya? 2nd during his tenure LC got a new fieldhouse, began a little league program and started an offseason conditioning and lifting program. He was a key part of bringing LC bac to relevance in football. Neither coach that has been there since faced what Coach B faced when he took over. No offense to those guys but a credit to the community, administration and coaching staff of LC when Coach B was there before.

Wardawg.jrice is Greg Ross.If you'll go back and look at his posts about knowing everything about the defense ..yards against.points allowed the past 5 years or more that he commented on..his brother is Charles Rice.look at the facts.he will undermine you.He wants to be the head coach.He's not wanting you to succede.I saw with my own eyes last year in a few practices and scrimmages that a couple players had their way with a couple of the younger players but he still played the younger guys.Do you win now or next year?A spot should be earned.I can't wait to see if little Greg plays at all this year when last year Lake Co only played about 4 off the bench and didnt allow bobody but the starters to watch film and ride the bus.The subs had to ride a different bus.Some team unity.!Greg Ross is pathetic.!

P&G, couple of notes on LC spring. The numbers are down due to some injuries and defections from the more physical practice style brought in by Coach B. Some key players may not play in the scrimmage Sat. b/c of injury. WR C. Bledsoe-ankle, RB/QB-R. Tyler Shoulder, C/DT- L. Baggett-Knee OL-J. Wiggins-ankle all have missed some time according to Coach B. LC will be very basic as players are trying to learn new Off./Def. systems and the fact that Coach is traveling back and forth to complete spring has made things tuff. Should be interesting Sat. nite though

The numbers are down because nobody likes Greg Ross.Lake Co had about 45 players last year and at the end of the year was done to maybe about 28.Greg played some players that werent as good as some on the bench.A white backup quarterback came from Dyersburg and never got on the field even in practice.How do you know how they can play if they sit on their helmet all day.I believe he is at Dyersburg this year.I saw another big guy last year went against Justin Kimble in a practice ,the kid looked strong..never saw the field.Lee Bagget came from Central.didn't play at all about the first 3 games and then someone got hurt and hre ended up starting every game.Really not sure he should have been eligible.He lived in Obion Co..believe him and his momma moved in with her parents for about a couple weeks so he could play and think they went back to Obion Co.They scammed the TSSAA .Not sure but I think that's true.Where do they live now?In Lake or Obion Co.Maybe Central coaches or players know and request the TSSAA to look at water bills,phone records.!

Come on Coach B we knew things were down when you were there the 1st time but you did get the best JR high team LC has seen in 20 years. There are no Springer, Valentine, Mills, Copeland, JOnes or Yancy coming for several years. ANd just like last time you are probably going to lose a Flowers to DC. all that is irrelevant you work hard, you cannot help the region you play in that is why the wins against teams above 500 are not there. Support for football has always been at LC you just know how to make things happen.

Buckle, you are wrong about the talent at LC. LC has alot of talent from the 10th grade down to the lower grades. The Caldwell kid at Ridgely is a beast and that jr. high team has several solid football players. The incoming freshmen have a good looking class. Everybody looks at the jr. high record being 4-4 the last 2 years and think LC is average. I advise everyone to look at the schedule they play. The only teams they play comparable in enrollment are Fulton Co and Halls. LC now has a coach who will work hard, instill discipline and get the most out of each and everyone of them. The future is bright in LC and the falcons have the right coach to win and win big.

P&G, couple of notes on LC spring. The numbers are down due to some injuries and defections from the more physical practice style brought in by Coach B. Some key players may not play in the scrimmage Sat. b/c of injury. WR C. Bledsoe-ankle, RB/QB-R. Tyler Shoulder, C/DT- L. Baggett-Knee OL-J. Wiggins-ankle all have missed some time according to Coach B. LC will be very basic as players are trying to learn new Off./Def. systems and the fact that Coach is traveling back and forth to complete spring has made things tuff. Should be interesting Sat. nite though

OC will have four or five kids who will start on defense in the fall not play or see limited action Saturday night due to injuries...As far as I know on the offensive side of the ball, everybody seems to be pretty close to 100%....

I agree with Falcon fan.There is a lot of young talent on the team.Sam Hays,a senior is back at quarteback,running backs are back.Several good young linemen.ILake Co should at worse finisn no worse than a 7-3 record.Union City,Humboldt and Trenton may be tough this upcoming season.Halls may be pretty good.And I'm not sure Lake Co won't beat some of those teams.But 7-3 should be easily attained for a couple reasons.With a lot of returning starters and a lot of teams being very weak.Believe South Fulton lost a lot,Greenfield and Fulton Co could probably be chalked up with easy wins.The defense will be better this year because of that.the weal teams.So.don't won't to hear about how good the defense has done.How good Greg has done.Fact of the matter is.The cafeteria lunch ladies could play better defense than what we've seen the past several seasons.!

lcwild, don't worry b/c if you know Coach B at all you know he will be running the show. No assistant coaches or fans are going to influence his decision making. Bigster, who is a friend of Coac B's by the way, can tell you that.He and coach have not always seen eye to eye throughout the past. Coach loves the passion LC fans have for their falcons and the program. That is a big reason he came back. On the veer offense, ask Union City how it is working out for them? How many passes did they throw in the state championship game? Answer is 1. Anyway let's all get onboard and support these young men and the program b/c that is truly what it is all about. It is not about the coaches, fans or school adminstration but the players. They deserve our support.

Just a couple of corrections as well, Coach B had 4 wins against teams that finished with 500 or above records in his career. Nothing to brag about but the problem is their was not many opportunites to beat those teams throughout the season. Can't help your region. Plus for Coach B 1st 2 years the nonregion games on the schedule were already set then the next 2 years he had a hard time finding games, had to travel to Byhalia,MS to play. On the coach p note that was 2 wins in 2 years,not 1 year. LC did not make the playoffs in 2007 in Coach P's 1st year which is the only year that happened since 2003. Just wanted to clear that up for dd181 :)

thanks for the correct on coach pel. I did say above .500 record.. Not .500 and up. I would image lc plays at least three teams a year that are above .500 maybe more than that when you avg it out since coach b took over at lc. Stats wise the defense was about the same as it has been the past few years and offensive was pretty good. you can say they played a weak sch. this year. But lake co. seems to always play a weak sch. hints only playing a few teams a year with above a 500 record. I just dont see how you can say snow wasnt a good coach at all and yet you seem to love a coach who has done little in his career when it comes to winning games against good teams. You pointed out two wins in a season when they had by far the best talent in west tenn for 1a. I also believe they still finished third in the region that year. How did coach b do at the other school he went to? did he win any big games there? I am not saying he is a bad coach i just dont understand how you think he is better than coach pel or coach snow? talent wise lake co. was not very good this year. Had some young players that will be good as they mature. coach snow had the most players on the team as i can remember seeing at lake co. someone posted they had a bunch quit but still more kids on the team than they have had in the last five plus years.

lcwild, don't worry b/c if you know Coach B at all you know he will be running the show. No assistant coaches or fans are going to influence his decision making. Bigster, who is a friend of Coac B's by the way, can tell you that.He and coach have not always seen eye to eye throughout the past. Coach loves the passion LC fans have for their falcons and the program. That is a big reason he came back. On the veer offense, ask Union City how it is working out for them? How many passes did they throw in the state championship game? Answer is 1. Anyway let's all get onboard and support these young men and the program b/c that is truly what it is all about. It is not about the coaches, fans or school adminstration but the players. They deserve our support.

Well that's good.I would hope a coach doesn't let Ross call all the shots like last year.I know coaches have different ways of coaching but most coaches I know will practice a few hours and then toward the end of practice,see what the younger players could do.I saw most of the players last year or at least some of them not even get in for 1 snap.I had a parent come up to me and talk about his son coming from Dyersburg,was trying out for quarterback but with Sam Hays and Nick Price there,never put his son out there for even 1 play.Said his son would come home every day wondering why stick it out .He's at Dyersburg this year.I know who Bigster is.He knows me but not by my name on here.He seems to be pretty knowaledgle.His son came to Lake Co last year supposedely to play baseball.he is a pretty good size kid.Looked to be about 240 lbs.He called Justin Kimble out last year and went head to head with him on about 6 plays.Justin couldn't do anything with him.Held him once.grabbed him by the facemask on another occassion.Coach Ross got onto him a couple times about his stance.If the kid can make tackles and get to the quarteback.I sure wouldnt worry to much about his stance.I can promise Albert Pujols may not have the greatest stance to some but look at the end results.It was the same way with Lee Baggett.The first 2 or 3 weeks of practice,he barely got in some plays.When a couple got hurt,he started the rest of the year.The starters rode their own bus.The subs rode another.The starters watched game film.the subs didn't .Sure seems like some good team unity.No wonder the numbers are down.There were about 45 players on the team last year and at the end of the year.maybe 28.Wonder why?