Team TN Day 1 results @ Elementary National Duals

Littlet

After 2 matches, Team TN is still in the hunt for the gold bracket.

They lost their first match against GA Black (48 - 27) as they came out flat. Bouncing back in their 2nd match, they defeated Iowa Gold (36 - 34) with some hard-fought matches.

Day 2 matches will include the best elementary teams in the country. Team Illinois, Team Michigan, Team Pennsylvania and Team Indiana.

Congratulations to Team TN as they finished 4th in the Silver Bracket (12th out of 21 teams) at the National Elementary Duals amongst the best teams in the country. Saturday's results included wins against Michigan and Florida and losses to Indiana, Illinois Inferno and Pennsylvania Blue. Sunday's results included a win against Indiana Blue and losses to PA White and GA.

Individual accomplishments included 5 medalists for Team TN: Nicholas Boykin (undefeated for the weekend), Jack Braman, Jacob Brown, Trey Ashby and Judah Duhme.

Thank you to Coaches Sutherland, Frederick, McNelly and Reiniche for their time and effort with the kids this weekend.

Thx for your help little T. Also thanks for always being a team player and allowing us to do whats best for the team and other wrestelers even when it may not benefit your son. That goes a long way in my book !

I thought Little T jr wrestled his heart out and was 100% focused and ready the entire tournament. Its hard to stay up for 10 matches but he found a way to do so. He was also the emotional leader of the team and tried to keep everyone up even when things werent going in our favor.

I will send out a recap tonight when I get time.

Team Tennessee did a good job at this years duals. From the matches that I saw. each kid seem to fight really hard against some GREAT competition!

Congratulations to all the Coaches, Parents, and Wrestlers who traveled with the team and or allowed their kid to comptete for Tennessee in this National Event. It will make a difference in your wrestlers future! It was awesome to watch kids from Tennessee going toe - to - toe with kids from Iowa, PA, IN, GA, and Ohio to just name a few.

2nd year in a row that Tennessee knocked of the Iowa Gold Team! It was a very good win coming off a tough loss to GA Black.

Did Eli King wrestle in this event?

I believe it was mentioned in another thread that Eli was wrestling for Team GA.

Why would the best wrestlers in Tennessee compete on Team Georgia?

Probably because he wrestles for the GNWA most of the time when he travels to national level tournaments. He has training partners he likes and coaches he has developed a relationship with. Simply, he would rather be with the kids and coaches he knows. Heck I have even seen him wrestling for Team Miron.

The GNWA does a better job of getting kids out to national events and through that he has developed his friends.

As far as Eli being the best wrestler in TN (and I will add in that age division), I would have a hard time arguing with that but there are many that will feel insulted by that. However, Eli is one of the best young wrestlers I have seen. Can't wait to continue to watch him grow up... just hate it will probably be for that other purple team!