Super Sophomores this Year???

tnbaseball2

My son is only a freshman. Does anyone know where i can buy one of these "Super Sophomore" thingy's? They really sound cool! Nick Shrum (not my son....I don't think) at Grundy County is hitting around .350 and is 3-1 as the #2 starter for the Yellow Jackets.

Sounds like you know his mom though. If you hurry you can get a buy one get half off your second purchase. They are very cool I have one.

Yo GRAD, Wayne Co and Perry Co both have some super sophomores in my opinion. . .

WC- Ray and Rice (Pitching)

PC- Richardson (Pitching) and Grimes (Hitting)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, about all of these BA's and pitching numbers. Are they from Sophmores playing in JV games or are they playing on varsity as a Sophmore and seeing varsity pitching? OR Are they a mix of playing JV games and a few varsity games? If it's a mix then the numbers don't tell anything. They could bat 90% JV and 10% Varsity.

If these numbers are from JV games then they are not as impressive as they would be if they were playing all year on varsity as a sophmore. If in fact they are "playing up" and starting on varsity, and have been there all year, then they are VERY impressive.

If these are numbers from sophmores playing 100% JV, then quit bragging! Any sophmore worth their salt has these numbers seeing JV pitching. We could name 200+ players across the state with these same numbers!

OK, about all of these BA's and pitching numbers. Are they from Sophmores playing in JV games or are they playing on varsity as a Sophmore and seeing varsity pitching? OR Are they a mix of playing JV games and a few varsity games? If it's a mix then the numbers don't tell anything. They could bat 90% JV and 10% Varsity.

If these numbers are from JV games then they are not as impressive as they would be if they were playing all year on varsity as a sophmore. If in fact they are "playing up" and starting on varsity, and have been there all year, then they are VERY impressive.

If these are numbers from sophmores playing 100% JV, then quit bragging! Any sophmore worth their salt has these numbers seeing JV pitching. We could name 200+ players across the state with these same numbers!

:flower: I think most everyone takes it for granted that we're talking about SO's playing exclusively varsity. :ph34r: Neither of the Anderson County players who've been mentioned play JV.

Yo GRAD, Wayne Co and Perry Co both have some super sophomores in my opinion. . .

WC- Ray and Rice (Pitching)

PC- Richardson (Pitching) and Grimes (Hitting)

They both (WC & PC) have a few other Sophs worth talking about. WC has Clint Butler (lead off & RF) & Hayden Skelton plays a very good CF & PC has Blake Qualls as well. Loretto has Jake Shadix & Jordan Gowan. If a coach wanted a good 16U team there you go. Then through in Drew Luker & Blaze Daniel from C'wood. You talking about a good group of sophmores (all from district 12A), I would love to see them all play together.

I can assure you that the two Powell players mentioned on here both play varsity only. They were all-district last year as freshman playing varsity. I would hope that folks are only throwing in names of kids playing varsity, and that they are not mixing in JV stats.

McKinley Berry of Elizabethton deserves some statewide recognition. tonight he pitched another great game, this time against DB. Unfortunately Elizabethton is underachieving this year but he has been a bright spot. tonight he stayed in the 80's for 6 innings according to DB's clock. With some proper coaching i think 90 is definitly possible either this summer or by junior year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...