Heritage Mountaineers

HHS2009

Varsity was HVA-5 HHS-4. JV was HVA-1 HHS-2. Grand total 6-6. Hreitage will travel to Rhea CO. on Thursday missing several key players do to injury. Three starting lineman out with shoulder injuries. Starting LB's out one with bruised ribs, one with a pulled hamstring, and I think the starting tailback received a concussion against HV?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good scrimmage last night at Rhea Co. Varsity score was HHS-4 RCHS-1,

JV score was HHS-2 RCHE-5. HHS looked better last night than in the first scrimmage with HV. Offense was pretty good at times and the defense looked totaly different, in a good way. I hate that spring practice is over but now its time for them to hit the weight room. I'm sure coach Waters has a plan..... :huh:

GO MOUNTAINEERS........ :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I expect Heritage to be much stronger and physical with Brandon Waters running the weight room. Heritage will struggle this year replacing Cermack and Shell. Not sure of a win total but I will predict 5 wins as I have with WB. Heritage and WB will be a war this year. Good luck to the Mountain Ears. Sorry...couldn't resist.

I agree about Brandon Waters. He will make Heritage very physical. Brandon was one of the hardest working Maryville players ever.

i was out by heritage the other day. i was gonna go run but football workouts where going on. can anyone name me the coaching staff in its entirety and the ages. im just curious but this has to be the youngest coaching staff ever. i see guys out there that i played ball with. i did notice that the oline has some pretty big boys that i dont recognize. freshman? transfers? i hope they are ball players either way. we need a good oline.

HC - Brint Russell Mid 30's

Def Cord - Jason Hicks 30's

Off. Cord & QB's - Adam Hendrix 30's

O-Line - Brandon Waters 30's

D-Line - Bear 20's

DB's - Tyler Gaskin 20's

Rec. - Edmondson 20's

Student Coach - Davis Young

Running Backs - Dylon Morgon - 20's

O-Line has good size and pretty good athletes. :wacko:

Head Coach, Brint Russell - Early 30's

Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Line, Brandon Waters - Mid 20's

Offensive Coordinator, Quarterbacks, Adam Hendricks - Mid 20's

Defensive Coordinator, Linebackers, Jason Hicks - Early 30's

Special Teams Coordinator, Defensive Ends, Jed West - Mid 20's

Wide Recievers, Ethan Edmiston - Late 20's

Defensive Backs, Tyler Gaskin - Early 20's

Defensive Line, Austin "Bear" Plemmons - Early 20's

Running Backs, Dylan Morgan - Early 20's

Volunteer, Matthew Davis - College Student

Volunteer, John Malone - Early 20's

A young staff full of energy, and enough experience, that the players relate well to them. Helps with doing things upbeat, promptly and positive. I guess it's all about the product that is put on the field and results. Progress is being made and the future of our program looks great! :wacko:

• 5 months later...

Head Coach, Brint Russell - Early 30's

Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Line, Brandon Waters - Mid 20's

Offensive Coordinator, Quarterbacks, Adam Hendricks - Mid 20's

Defensive Coordinator, Linebackers, Jason Hicks - Early 30's

Special Teams Coordinator, Defensive Ends, Jed West - Mid 20's

Wide Recievers, Ethan Edmiston - Late 20's

Defensive Backs, Tyler Gaskin - Early 20's

Defensive Line, Austin "Bear" Plemmons - Early 20's

Running Backs, Dylan Morgan - Early 20's

Volunteer, Matthew Davis - College Student

Volunteer, John Malone - Early 20's

A young staff full of energy, and enough experience, that the players relate well to them. Helps with doing things upbeat, promptly and positive. I guess it's all about the product that is put on the field and results. Progress is being made and the future of our program looks great! :wacko:

I know I am replying to this thread very late but I was just wondering if everyone on this staff was returning or if there were any updates? I went to a couple of Heritage games this year and I thought they were doing a great job overall. This program is going to take a long time to turn around and that requires some stable coaching so that is why I was wondering.

As far as i know most coaches from last years staff are coming back.

The list on here is not completely accurate.

I would not be surprised to see these Maryville guys fly the coupe in the next few years. Especially Brandon Waters. Chip should do everything possible to keep Brandon but I would iagine he would leap at the opportunity to unite with GQ again.