DC vs NS plus 3 umpires

NewellHartbaseball

Compete against Memphis? Please explain.

I think he meant he has to do it to compete with Memphis teams. He's accusing DC coach of recruiting. Same o Same o. Just someone that likes to stir up trouble that's all.

Last time I checked. PO's recruiting was simply other coaches not working. If I am correct the Harris boy was never given any attention from Blackwood (like not being able to use facilities), Lumley told the Newell kid he does not play freshman no matter how good they are. and Lake Co baseball does not play together in the summer so that shows lack of interest from the coaches (I know they say the kids wont show up but you play with who does and let the others just play football 1 year of letting them sit the bench will get your point across) So you can call it recruiting.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know anything about anyone or any team, but I will say this.

Any coach who says to another player "come play with us and we'll make sure you get playing time" or anything similar to that is violating a clear rule. If you want to recruit, go to D-2.

If you support that school, it's probably not a good idea to come on a public message board and say that your coach does that sort of thing.

Don't know anything about anyone or any team, but I will say this.

Any coach who says to another player "come play with us and we'll make sure you get playing time" or anything similar to that is violating a clear rule. If you want to recruit, go to D-2.

If you support that school, it's probably not a good idea to come on a public message board and say that your coach does that sort of thing.

didn't see where anyone said anything about a coach saying that. And I'll promise you the DC coach would never say that. He takes the guys he has and plays the best 9 regardless of age, last name, etc.

didn't see where anyone said anything about a coach saying that. And I'll promise you the DC coach would never say that. He takes the guys he has and plays the best 9 regardless of age, last name, etc.

That is the biggest bunch of bullcrap I have ever heard.

Nobody has answered the question why non-athletes are turned away and the athletes are allowed to attend DC. Do not say it does not happen because I know a few A-B students that were turned away. The excuse given was to many students. I know that at least 3 current eighth grade athletes[baseball players] that will attend DC next year. DC must have just enough room for 3 more amazing. It just so happens that the 3 kids play travel ball for a certain coach. Like I said DC cannot compete with homegrown talent they must raid the surrounding counties.

That is the biggest bunch of bullcrap I have ever heard.

Hmm you hit the nail on the head!!!!

I know 2 kids that I had coached as youngsters for years that sit the bench for DC that are much better

ball players than half the starters right now. apparently their mommys or daddys dont do the coach

favors like drive the bus or get him cardinals tickets. Its all who you are or what you can do for P.O..

Ok, I've had enough of this crap from you all. Preston Ozment is nothing like you are trying to portray him! If you don't like him, fine, BUT DO NOT start telling lies and disrespecting OUR coach! You all are a bunch a whinny cowards who like to come on here and bash other teams, fans and coaches! I WISH you couldn't "hide" behind screen names because I'd be willing to bet most of you would not come on here saying what you do if we KNEW who you were!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY DYER COUNTY CHOCTAW BASEBALL TEAM! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE THIS YEAR! YOU ARE AN AWESOME BUNCH OF YOUNG MEN WITH BRIGHT FUTURES. GOD BLESS ALL OF MY CHOCTAW FAMILY! FOREVER ORANGE!!!

Ok, I've had enough of this crap from you all. Preston Ozment is nothing like you are trying to portray him! If you don't like him, fine, BUT DO NOT start telling lies and disrespecting OUR coach! You all are a bunch a whinny cowards who like to come on here and bash other teams, fans and coaches! I WISH you couldn't "hide" behind screen names because I'd be willing to bet most of you would not come on here saying what you do if we KNEW who you were!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY DYER COUNTY CHOCTAW BASEBALL TEAM! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE THIS YEAR! YOU ARE AN AWESOME BUNCH OF YOUNG MEN WITH BRIGHT FUTURES. GOD BLESS ALL OF MY CHOCTAW FAMILY! FOREVER ORANGE!!!

DC vs NS plus 3 umpires

by NewellHartbaseball » Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 pm

I've always said that even in a loss, you should never blame the umpires for a few bad calls......I stand corrected. Tonight in Brighton, Dyer County beat Northside 11 to 3 in the first game forcing a 2nd game for the championship. Bottom of the 8th score is tied at 5, DC has bases loaded, two outs and the batter hits the ball to left center scoring 2 runners and DC begins to celebrate after the 1st runner comes across home plate. The home plate umpire calls the batter out because he says he stepped out of the box and we have to go to a 9th inning. NS gets 2 runs....DC doesn't score; therefore DC takes 2nd and NS gets 1st. It is KNOWN first of all that all 3 umpires are from Jackson; second of all there are NO visible lines showing where the box is! How in the WORLD can this umpire call this? There is NO WAY he actually saw his foot step out of that box. Plus....isn't there such a thing as a swinging bunt? Is it not the same as in softball with a slap bunt? TALK ABOUT BEING BLINDSIDED!!!! I am currently working on the video and will paste the link soon!

i guess its o.k. to get on here and whine and say three umpires deliberately cheated dc because they were from jackson though isnt it?

Preston Ozment is nothing like you are trying to portray him!

So your saying he doesn't play his favorites. I to know of a couple of talented boys riding the bench that are just as good. And who is the bus driver anyways?

coach ozment has done a tremendous job with his team this year, after watching this young team last night , i can not tell you how impressed i was with character, approach and execution of dyer county. great job coach ozment and his entire staff, watch out for a long time for d.c.

DC vs NS plus 3 umpires

by NewellHartbaseball » Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 pm Well you need to get you stuff right lady if you would talk to your asst coach he will tell you that the two brothers are from bolivar. If you also talk to your asst coach that he coached him in college and me as well. They are 100% from bolivar and if you don't believe me you can ask you coaches

I've always said that even in a loss, you should never blame the umpires for a few bad calls......I stand corrected. Tonight in Brighton, Dyer County beat Northside 11 to 3 in the first game forcing a 2nd game for the championship. Bottom of the 8th score is tied at 5, DC has bases loaded, two outs and the batter hits the ball to left center scoring 2 runners and DC begins to celebrate after the 1st runner comes across home plate. The home plate umpire calls the batter out because he says he stepped out of the box and we have to go to a 9th inning. NS gets 2 runs....DC doesn't score; therefore DC takes 2nd and NS gets 1st. It is KNOWN first of all that all 3 umpires are from Jackson; second of all there are NO visible lines showing where the box is! How in the WORLD can this umpire call this? There is NO WAY he actually saw his foot step out of that box. Plus....isn't there such a thing as a swinging bunt? Is it not the same as in softball with a slap bunt? TALK ABOUT BEING BLINDSIDED!!!! I am currently working on the video and will paste the link soon!

i guess its o.k. to get on here and whine and say three umpires deliberately cheated dc because they were from jackson though isnt it?

Dear Justafan1234,

I have come to the conclusion you are just as someone stated in a previous post.... A TROLL! In addition, you are quite the joke! You, justafan1234, should reveille your true identity so we all are aware and stir clear of such a sinister person. It would be most obvious that you are one jealous person of DCHS, our baseball program and our coach. I'm so sorry you could not be a part of our great organization and our "ORANGE" family; but perhaps one day you overcome all of this hostility and be at peace with yourself. Have a nice day! :popcorneater: