Shepard out at Clarksville Academy

wingman10

Just so I can make something clear......I am NOT Coach Shephard. Period and if you think I am you my friend are a joke. I DO NOT live in Clarksville. And there are some on here that can attest to that.

Also there are several schools with the Red Devil name outside of Knoxville. For instance......Jo Byrns. So, maybe I am closer than you think but then again maybe not. Since when does someone's son have anything to do with one's coaching abilities?

I have bashed Shephard on here before so don't think I wouldn't do it again but this whole situation that the HEAD Lady leading the Academy has brought up is pathetic. Mainly using the restaurant Shephard owns as an excuse to not "re-new" one's contract. Yes Kay that is pathetic. If you want a conflict of interest try this on for size.........You have a teacher at the Academy whose Husband is the Chairman of the Board. Now that IS a conflict of interest.

That same Chairman of the Board is also the one who talked about picking a fight with one of Shephard's son. Not sure which one as I don't know how many sons he has. So go down to F&M Bank and ask him yourself and see if it is true or not.

Now the funny part is......nobody has mentioned anything about the illegal practice that took place the day after Shephard's contract was not re-newed. Nor have they mentioned how it was said that the CA Boss interviewed several candidates in the search for a new coach. Well somebody give us all some insight on who those "Several" coaches are. :roflol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure seem to know a lot about Clarksville Academy just to be honest, and the situation going on inside the building that was never discussed. So why wouldn't we believe that you are Shephard. It sure seems like it. With the practice being mentioned there's not true proof of it. There has been speculation, and until there is hard evidence nothing will happen.

well I know several people over at the Academy and I have honestly never coached anything other than summer baseball and fall basketball in Jr Pro leagues. I am not a teacher nor am I a paid Coach of anything nor have I ever been. I have seen a few CA football games over the years as well as basketball games. And I have not lived in Clarksville in almost 30 years. So yea I can say for sure that I am NOT Coach Shephard. I do however have many friends in Clarksville and even some of them have kids that attend CA. And things are not right at CA at the top.

reddevil you are completely wrong about your assessment. The chairman of the board is NOT married to a teacher. You may not be a coach, BUT whatever you are, you certainly have your facts out of line. So whoever you are getting your information from is either lying or just stupid. In case you haven't noticed, you are one of the few supporters of Shephard and if you are so interested in the Academy, how many of your "friends" appreciate you bashing the school and the administration? There is much more to the non renewal of his contract than you will ever know, but he knows. It really has nothing to do with his restaurant. If the school is sooooo bad, then why do you keep stewing over this? I know for a fact she did interview several coaches, but what do you care, you just keep slinging mud and spreading lies. AGAIN THERE WAS NO PRACTICE!!!

RedDevilFan, have you ever met Coach Hood? You sure know alot about false accuations on Coach Hood, but have you ever met him? I have yet to hear you say anything good about him, and only focus on Coach Shepard. In my opinion, and it is worth a hill of beans, I would not judge a man unless I have met him. As for illegal practicing, I have one question for you? Did you attend or watch or see this practice? If not then how can you say it is a fact, and if you were not there is it not just hear say? Word is another coach in the city slept with a student, but I didnt see it so I cannot say it is a fact. So isn't this the same situation? Fact is something you see and witness, not something you hear from someone. As for Hood spitting on an athlete, were you there? I know someone that was standing right next to the group, and the student was upset that he wasnt starting and created a false statement that was taken too far by his grandmother. Hood has only done good in this community, and could have coached here after the issue, but choose to go to Fort Campbell while teaching at Northwest. That is a fact because there is definate proof. Ask to look at his 3 state championship rings and special teams coordinator of the year awards from Kentucky. Meet the man, set up an appointment with him, I am definatly sure he will not turn away from meeting you!

Calm down dude... I played for Hood as well as coached with Hood at Ft. Campbell.. He is probably one of the most underrated coaches I have ever associated with.. Ft. Campbell is loaded with a coaching staff that could easily coach in college.. He has always been passed over.

Coach Shephard with all do respect lost the CA program 2 years ago. That team underachieved under him and it was noticed last season with a 3-7 record.. A team that could easily went 6-4 or 7-3. Now CA fans calm down if you find this offending I apologize I know Heath Dyer was hurt, but the back up was just as good if not better. I watched CA lose 3 games that if they would of had better coaching they would of won.. Ex. Montgomery Central game is clear cut in my mind.. Give Coach Hood credit and a chance.. He will do the following and I guarantee it:

1. Get the school excited about a team that has been lackluster since 2006

2. Get the players excited about wearing the Blue and Gold

3. He will get the best out of each player no matter skills, strength or athletic ability.

4. He will teach each player/student life lessons

5. He and Maricano will teach the how to win and have a winning attitude.

6. Be positive and expect excellence.

Good Luck Coach Hood and Coach Maricano.

Go CA.

I have to disagree with you...I don't think they underachieved. CA went as Heath Dyer went. Granted I didn't watch every CA game (only game I seen was against Jo Byrns) but in the game I watched, CA played hard. I think if you polled the people familiar with their region, not many would say they lost because of coaching. Last year it was a toss up between CA and McEwen for the last playoff spot and McEwen pulled it out...coaching? Maybe, but based on what I seen that could have gone either way. In '08 they finished 4-6 which is pretty dang good considering the region that year. Overall, CA has been hovering around the .500 mark and can't seem to get over the hump (in to the playoffs). Good coaching or bad, a new and qualified coach may be just what the doctor ordered to get them going. Good luck to CA and their new coach!

You sure seem to know a lot about Clarksville Academy just to be honest, and the situation going on inside the building that was never discussed. So why wouldn't we believe that you are Shephard. It sure seems like it. With the practice being mentioned there's not true proof of it. There has been speculation, and until there is hard evidence nothing will happen.

reddevilfever is not Coach Shephard. I knew Coach Shephard pretty well when he was at Knoxville Halls, and I have met reddevilfever. They know each other, but they are not the same person.

Calm down dude... I played for Hood as well as coached with Hood at Ft. Campbell.. He is probably one of the most underrated coaches I have ever associated with.. Ft. Campbell is loaded with a coaching staff that could easily coach in college.. He has always been passed over.

Coach Shephard with all do respect lost the CA program 2 years ago. That team underachieved under him and it was noticed last season with a 3-7 record.. A team that could easily went 6-4 or 7-3. Now CA fans calm down if you find this offending I apologize I know Heath Dyer was hurt, but the back up was just as good if not better. I watched CA lose 3 games that if they would of had better coaching they would of won.. Ex. Montgomery Central game is clear cut in my mind.. Give Coach Hood credit and a chance.. He will do the following and I guarantee it:

1. Get the school excited about a team that has been lackluster since 2006

2. Get the players excited about wearing the Blue and Gold

3. He will get the best out of each player no matter skills, strength or athletic ability.

4. He will teach each player/student life lessons

5. He and Maricano will teach the how to win and have a winning attitude.

6. Be positive and expect excellence.

Good Luck Coach Hood and Coach Maricano.

Go CA.

I have to disagree with you...I don't think they underachieved. CA went as Heath Dyer went. Granted I didn't watch every CA game (only game I seen was against Jo Byrns) but in the game I watched, CA played hard. I think if you polled the people familiar with their region, not many would say they lost because of coaching. Last year it was a toss up between CA and McEwen for the last playoff spot and McEwen pulled it out...coaching? Maybe, but based on what I seen that could have gone either way. In '08 they finished 4-6 which is pretty dang good considering the region that year. Overall, CA has been hovering around the .500 mark and can't seem to get over the hump (in to the playoffs). Good coaching or bad, a new and qualified coach may be just what the doctor ordered to get them going. Good luck to CA and their new coach!

I forgot about the 2008 year of 4-6. I stand corrected.

Thank you for clarifying that HTV.

And no I have not met Coach Hood. So you know someone standing right by the "group" when he spit into a player's face? That would be hearsay I do believe. You say that player was mad because he wasn't starting? Unless you are that player or that players parents then I guess that would be hearsay as well. Are you actually telling me Coach Hood is NOT banned from COACHING in Montgomery County Schools? Seriously? Because that is not what I have been told from some higher ups from some on the Montgomery County School Board system.

Thank you for clarifying that HTV.

And no I have not met Coach Hood. So you know someone standing right by the "group" when he spit into a player's face? That would be hearsay I do believe. You say that player was mad because he wasn't starting? Unless you are that player or that players parents then I guess that would be hearsay as well. Are you actually telling me Coach Hood is NOT banned from COACHING in Montgomery County Schools? Seriously? Because that is not what I have been told from some higher ups from some on the Montgomery County School Board system.

Maybe HTV can clear this up. Why has the "just off Ball road" comment been removed from your screen name information. There is a Ball Road in the Knoxville area, but I didn't see one in Adams. Maybe HTV is right, but I think there is some hiding behind the curtain going on here. I will no longer be posting any comments to this topic. Time to move on. Enjoy the weekend.