District 9AAA - Spring Football

I would say that is improvement.

MJpride, good to see you back on here. I am ready for Gallatin to get another shot at the Golden Bears. Still can't believe y'all let Beech beat MJ last year. They were tough and will be good again with that backfield 80% intact.

MJpride, good to see you back on here. I am ready for Gallatin to get another shot at the Golden Bears. Still can't believe y'all let Beech beat MJ last year. They were tough and will be good again with that backfield 80% intact.

Thanks, Looks like on paper at least that GHS should have a very solid year. I think games our won in the trenches so I would have to give GHS a very slight edge over HHS and Beech. I 've been out of the loop with MJ over the spring so I have no ideal how they looked in their scrimmages. If I were to pick preseason right now I would say 1) GHS 2) HHS 3) Beech 4) MJ 5) SC 6) WC 7) LHS 8) PHS. The top 3 could very well be a toss up. How did GHS look during their scrimmages? Have you heard anything on MJ's scrimmages?

Thanks, Looks like on paper at least that GHS should have a very solid year. I think games our won in the trenches so I would have to give GHS a very slight edge over HHS and Beech. I 've been out of the loop with MJ over the spring so I have no ideal how they looked in their scrimmages. If I were to pick preseason right now I would say 1) GHS 2) HHS 3) Beech 4) MJ 5) SC 6) WC 7) LHS 8) PHS. The top 3 could very well be a toss up. How did GHS look during their scrimmages? Have you heard anything on MJ's scrimmages?

I would swap Beech and Hendersonville and then Lebanon and Wilson Central. Beech is loaded in the backfield. Hendersonville will be solid as usual and I have heard that Wilson Central looked terrible during the spring. Only thing I have heard about MJ is that they were possibly looking to move the Cornelia kid to QB possibly. That was before spring practice. He will be one of the top players in the district no doubt, wherever he plays. Gallatin looked good in the scrimmages, just have to develop some depth. Kicking game needs some work. But overall, they are huge and very fast. I wouldn't worry too much about the Bears. Perry will have something worked out and the talent level will always replenish itself over there. Just glad y'all get to come here this year as well as Beech and Hendersonville. The team I think we all have to watch is Station Camp. They had a young backfield and some pretty talented young kids coming up that might not realize who they are playing if you know what I mean. The young QB at Lebanon should be better this year as well.

GWave, wouldn't you love to have Wilson Central's kicker? That is partially why I chose WC over LHS. LHS had the QB and not much anyone else. WC was awfully young last year and (should) only improve as the year goes on. I beleive next year "11 is the year to watch out for SC. They should be vastly improved from last year. The QB spot looks to be a sore spot for MJ this year and not to promising for the next couple years after that. I hope someone steps up and proves me wrong on that one. Maybe I just got spoiled from our previous QB. Still hard to believe he didn't get more schools to choose from.

Like MJ here, just checked in on the posts b/ce this district is a good one to me. Sumner County football is awesome, and the defending 5A champs reside in 9AAA along with two more contenders in Hendersonville and Gallatin (and I agree that SC is not that far behind). I did hear from my connections in MJ that they went farily early in the spring and was pleasantly surprised. They went on the road and scrimmaged 5A runner-up Columbia and apparently throttled them (40 something to 12 or 14) and then went to Greenbrier and beat them by close to the same score...I'm like you guys and if what I hear about Coach Perry is true, he probably loves the 4th place prediction. Also, without bias, how can Beech, the defending champ of the district and state, and with supposedly a big load of starters coming back, not be the favorite. To me, Gallatin and Hendersonville are both great programs , but for the life of me I can never figure out what's going to happen when they play each other. Portland, I hear, is very much improved...like an earlier post, heard they hung around with Oakland for a good while. Anyway, keep the info. coming b/ce this is a fun, competitive district that could possibly produce multiple state champs in the near future...how cool would that be?

In recent years, the Hendersonville/Gallatin game winner has been the home team. Guess where they play this year? Not that it won't be a hard hitting very emotional affair. Hendersonville is a solid program that runs the wing-t better than about anyone.

I agree with you MJpride, Station Camp will be a very good team in 11'. They may surprise some teams this year as well. I will have to admit though that the kicker from Wilson Central escapes me. I guess he didn't standout to me last year.

Somebody from this district will be in the finals. Just way too much talent this year on multiple teams.

In recent years, the Hendersonville/Gallatin game winner has been the home team. Guess where they play this year? Not that it won't be a hard hitting very emotional affair. Hendersonville is a solid program that runs the wing-t better than about anyone.

I agree with you MJpride, Station Camp will be a very good team in 11'. They may surprise some teams this year as well. I will have to admit though that the kicker from Wilson Central escapes me. I guess he didn't standout to me last year.

Somebody from this district will be in the finals. Just way too much talent this year on multiple teams.

The WC kicker has a very strong leg on him. I believe it was a 52 yarder he kicked against MJ last year. The reason why I like GHS and HHS over Beech this year is because of the returning trenchmen for GHS and HHS. Beech won alot of close ones last year and just a gut feeling they fall short on some of the close ones this year. I believe it will be hard to repeat each year as the champ. The reason the kicker probably didn't standout last year was because both GHS and MJ's kickers were great kickers. From what I remember the WC and SC kickers were underclassmen and both had strong legs. As far as PHS, I don't think they could do nothing but improve from last year. I actually hope they do. A strong district from top to bottom would be nice.

The WC kicker has a very strong leg on him. I believe it was a 52 yarder he kicked against MJ last year. The reason why I like GHS and HHS over Beech this year is because of the returning trenchmen for GHS and HHS. Beech won alot of close ones last year and just a gut feeling they fall short on some of the close ones this year. I believe it will be hard to repeat each year as the champ. The reason the kicker probably didn't standout last year was because both GHS and MJ's kickers were great kickers. From what I remember the WC and SC kickers were underclassmen and both had strong legs. As far as PHS, I don't think they could do nothing but improve from last year. I actually hope they do. A strong district from top to bottom would be nice.

I would hope that the district top to bottom is better but the top tier teams are gonna be very good. This is going to be a fun year with lots of good games. Curious to see how week one turns out with Beech/Smyrna, Hendersonville/Riverdale, Gallatin/McKinley, and doesn't MJ open with a district opponent? Station Camp I think opens with siegel or Blackman as well.